bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

Spoiler

The delusion in this thread is just astronomical, and what's worse? It's not even from multiple people, just one

Okay (not that my opinion really matters)

Overall? The album has some good highs, and I think it's definitely interesting. It feels different from her past works, a lot more polished and "professional" sound wise. I do think that the album is held back by a lack of cohesion; a lot of these songs don't feel like they're from the same project (because they're not) and it really takes me out of the experience. There's no linear story or progression, it's just a mixtape. I'm also so confused on the actual sound the album wants to have? Some tracks have this darker feel with heavier synths and chords, then there's tracks that are just late 2000s arp synth pop, and some 2017-2018 pop tracks.

Spoiler

1. Feed the Beast -> It's cute. Since I heard the demo I've been humming it a bit. I wouldn't say it's a standout, but it's not like I would skip it if it came on.
2. Alone -> It's Alone. I prefer the remix a lot more.
3. KOH -> I think I'm gonna need more time with this track, but I LOVE the chorus.
4. Thousand Pieces -> It feels like a late 2000s song, something along the lines of Jason Derulo. Not a bad thing, just a very strange thing. I could see myself listening to it though
5. Uh Oh -> Oh my GOD they massacred my baby. The demo was SO good, and this final version is just not it I'm so sorry. The flutes are cool, but they basically completely removed the super cool background chords and rearranged everything in a very BLEGH way.
6. Revelations -> I actually can't stand this song.
7. BAIT -> It's not doing it for me, but it could be a grower.
8. Sex Talk -> I didn't even finish this one.
9. HTFTB -> Love it, glad to finally have this releasing.
10. Claws -> Preferred the demo. I don't know why they swapped basically all the dark crunch synths with arps or preppy synths
11. Minute -> Oh she is THAT girl. Love this song

12. Coconuts -> A fun song, but I don't think it fits on the album at all.
13. Castle in the Sky -> I LOVE this song, one of my favorites.
14. Brrr -> I was initially disappointed when this song came out, but I actually enjoy it a fair amount.
15. Unholy -> I thought we were getting a special version for the album...lame.

Supporting artists isn't a zero-sum game.

You can absolutely support, stan, and fan on multiple artists, both within and across genres.

a stan is a stan n u can pretend u dont know what stan means but u know what it means. if ur not delulu about them ur not a stan. being obsessive n delusional is what separates fans from stans. that said most here aren't really fans or stans, just chorli locals

54 minutes ago, none said:

she's so consistent and literally never fails

Pass the poppers I need a hit.

she has arguably the most consistent discography of any pop star ever. each album has maybe 1-2 misses and those lil aaron songs and she's worked with the same producer her whole career who happens to be the white michael jackson

Sis the charts ain't even out yet, let alone the album.

it already has a #1 hit with a billion views plus another 50m in streams. yall said the same about alone yet that charted at like 50. kim has potential n her star power is going to keep increasing

Kim Petras apparently invented findom.

… Baby, don't you fight it
Close your eyes and swipe it
Maybe I could be with you (I could be with you)
If you buy me diamonds
And you keep me smiling
Baby, I can be with you
Oh, with you

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

9 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

How could they do that to Uh Oh final I will never understand… still a bop but it had full potential to be a highlight from this album

LITERALLY

Like, the background vocoder harmony chords, the spacey fizzle that happened before the drop; it's so...BLAND now. I'm still going to be singing it, but I might just listen to the demo...

How can anyone call her discography consistent when it’s all one-off singles, two “mixtapes” (one failed debut, and one disposable EP) and now a “debut” album with material from different scrapped projects and sounds nnnnn.

You can be a stan and still not be delusional. Kim’s career is a MESS. 

21 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

How can anyone call her discography consistent when it’s all one-off singles, two “mixtapes” (one failed debut, and one disposable EP) and now a “debut” album with material from different scrapped projects and sounds nnnnn.

You can be a stan and still not be delusional. Kim’s career is a MESS. 

it's consistent because all of the songs are really, really high quality and clearly fit a similar vision. every single project is consistent, from era 1, to clarity, to TOTL, to slut pop, to the beach songs. the problematique leak changed things, but unlike chorli flopcx she salvaged it n still did something about it. her theme was problematique a cheeky french pop album n we all heard what she created n it is legendary. they tested the waters with brrr trying to tap into the unholy market, and idk what they were doing with jesus was a rockstar but i actually like it n it has max martin credits which makes me happy n its not on the album

feed the beast is a really, really good album with a lot of great hits. just because it's somewhat inconsistent is totally irrelevant. not every album has to be a concept album that appeals to some greater theme. kylie minogue just literally said this about tension “Unlike my last two albums there wasn’t a ‘theme,’ it was about finding the heart or the fun or the fantasy of that moment and always trying to service the song. I wanted to celebrate each song’s individuality and dive into that freedom.” yet im sure tension will be a masterpiece of bops n feed the beast is a flop

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

25 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:
Spoiler

:awkney:

16 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:
Spoiler

just smile and nod y'all

Spoiler

missed u :p this place looked dead without me

giphy.gif

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

On 6/12/2023 at 2:03 PM, 13 Bitches said:

the way none of this was real lmao

It's real.. they are scrapped tracks

And just wait for Problematique as it may or not happen it.

4 minutes ago, none said:

i was so wrong about the album's best song. feed the beast is definitely that song, a career definer. it's becuz i realize now it's a beach song

i love the way that your mind works like that

3 hours ago, none said:
Spoiler

a stan is a stan n u can pretend u dont know what stan means but u know what it means. if ur not delulu about them ur not a stan. being obsessive n delusional is what separates fans from stans. that said most here aren't really fans or stans, just chorli locals

she has arguably the most consistent discography of any pop star ever. each album has maybe 1-2 misses and those lil aaron songs and she's worked with the same producer her whole career who happens to be the white michael jackson

it already has a #1 hit with a billion views plus another 50m in streams. yall said the same about alone yet that charted at like 50. kim has potential n her star power is going to keep increasing

… Baby, don't you fight it
Close your eyes and swipe it
Maybe I could be with you (I could be with you)
If you buy me diamonds
And you keep me smiling
Baby, I can be with you
Oh, with you

I've never felt more secure in my education, upbringing, or salary than I have now after reading this.

:oic2:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

claws was definitely a downgrade :noparty: i like how more finished the new production is but i liked the original structure better, this new intro without the chorus feels anticlimactic 

1 hour ago, AtomicMess said:

Spoiler

I've never felt more secure in my education, upbringing, or salary than I have now after reading this.

:oic2:

i'd rather be a toothless kimmy stan than write a sentence like that lol

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

and I said when y’all switch… I’ll remember :nails: :peace2:

let's be real here castle in the sky is still the best song she's ever made im just stanning feed the beast becuz i think it fits her persona better

i-hate-you-i-know.gif