annedauphine

Music recommandations and news

So I love discovering music and listening to new records every year... but I swear this year was SO shitty musically. I haven't liked a single album.

What are your favorite albums from this year? Please no Cardi B, Charlie XCX, Dua Lipa and that stuff.

God's Favourite Customer by Father John Misty has some amazing tracks on it... 'Please Don't Die', 'Hangout At The Gallows', and 'Mr Tillman' are incredible and get better with every listen. 'Hangout At The Gallows' did take a few listens for it to grow on me though, but now it is one of my all-time favourite FJM songs! 

Also (imo) Allie X has really upped her game with Super Sunset. 'Not So Bad In La' and 'Science' have brilliant production, especially 'Science'. 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I really loved the slowed down Salvatore song, it sounds so haunting :hair:

Here's some music I've discovered recently. I'm not sure anyone will like it but...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So I love discovering music and listening to new records every year... but I swear this year was SO shitty musically. I haven't liked a single album.

What are your favorite albums from this year? Please no Cardi B, Charlie XCX, Dua Lipa and that stuff.

• Personal Best by Chelsea Jade
  • Voicenotes by Charlie Puth
  • OIL OF EVERY PEARL'S UN-INSIDES by SOPHIE
  • Vibras by J Balvin
  • Loveaholic by Ruth Lorenzo
  • Isolation by Kali Uchis

giphy.gif

i agree with the person above for God's Favorite Customer, and i don't listen to a lot of modern music so i'm not on top of a lot of albums coming out, but (despite the controversy right now) Blue Madonna is pretty good, a lot of experimenting

got any genre/mood preferences? i can find some things that fits moods for you if you're open to all decades

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Also anyone watches Conan videos here? I've been for a bit over a year now. He's typically the reason I made this thread, there's several of his songs I want to share but not enough to make a thread. I'm so sad he doesn't tour the Canada but I'm so happy for him about the EP

Basically if you like lofi and folk it's for you. He's similar to Cavetown except musically Cavetown is a million times better imho. He's also a Lana stan, he covered her several times

My personal favourite cover of his is definitely Suburbia, he's the one that got me into Blue Neighbourhood

Last year I was really obsessed with him 

giphy.gif

Last year I was really obsessed with him 

Urgh I still am. Except I got cooled down immediately when I found his twitter. His YouTube is so extremely positive and polite and nice and positive and all and on twitter he's just like... a depressed swearing cowboy. Bless him still I love him

ZKcaooE.png

got any genre/mood preferences? i can find some things that fits moods for you if you're open to all decades

yeah i am! i'm really really into anything psychedelic, ambient and slightly electronic. right now all i listen to is arca, sigur ros, bjork and death grips.

What are your favorite albums from this year?

Golden by Kylie, Bloom by Troye Sivan (both probably not exactly what you're into, though) and No Shame by Lily Allen (you should definitely check that one out, if you haven't yet) are my favourites so far, I think. Tove Styrke had a pretty good EP/album, too.

Some more obscure(-ish) recommendations for the thread:

DYLYN

Mr. Little Jeans

Terror Jr.

Kristian Kostov

Devon Lawrence

Tove Styrke

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

1. Florence + The Machine - High As Hope
  2. Melody's Echo Chamber - Bon Voyage 
  3. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Rest (technically last year but w/e) 
  4. MGMT - Little Dark Age
  5. Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer 
  6. Mitski - Be the Cowboy

*Honorable Mention* Justice - Woman Worldwide for purely nostalgic purposes, it makes me feel 16 again but its still lol knock off daft punk  :teehee:

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

My brother told me to check out Skott on Spotify since he thought she kind of sounded similar to Lana. To his defense, I've only heard him play Million Dollar Man (and maaaaaybe Shades of Cool but I can't remember) so I don't really think he knows her music very well, and Skott doesn't have much in common with Lana in my opinion. However, I thought I might recommend her here. Her voice is light and she seems to play with it, going up and down like a wave in some songs, the sound is modern and... well, give her a try. I think some of you here might like her. She's more pop than Lana, but doesn't have that very fast rhythm but not as slow as Lana either.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

My brother told me to check out Skott on Spotify since he thought she kind of sounded similar to Lana. To his defense, I've only heard him play Million Dollar Man (and maaaaaybe Shades of Cool but I can't remember) so I don't really think he knows her music very well, and Skott doesn't have much in common with Lana in my opinion. However, I thought I might recommend her here. Her voice is light and she seems to play with it, going up and down like a wave in some songs, the sound is modern and... well, give her a try. I think some of you here might like her. She's more pop than Lana, but doesn't have that very fast rhythm but not as slow as Lana either.

love her so much!

I'm looking for Italian music if anyone knows any? Preferably female... I've found that I don't like most Italian music but I am certain there is some female Italian pop singer that I have yet to fall in love with. :) Thx

This song is pretty good I think: 

Or this:

I don't know a lot of Italian music though