Mileena

The XX

Wow HUGE bump here, sorry, but I just kinda recently downloaded Coexist and I love it!! It's not my normal music at all, but it's so chill and relaxing to me. I hope the songs don't start sounding same-y to me like you all have mentioned tho :ohno:

I didn't find it too same-y to me!! I find it really cohesive and sleepy-sounding, it's my go-to album whenever i'm tired or in a dreamy mood  :flutter:

dont-deliver-us-from-evil.jpg

A teacher and I have been trading music lately, and he mentioned how much he loves both 'XX' and 'Coexist'. We have a lot of similar musical interests, so I decided to give the first album a try. I discovered 'Intro' and 'Islands' a couple years ago, and used to listen to them on repeat, but never really liked any of the other songs I listened to. Now, though, with my rapidly evolving, opportunistically curious music taste, I absolutely adore their disinterested, ~so-uncool-it's-actually-cool~ music and vibes. :cuteface: However, I wish that Baria was still a part of the group...they made more sense to me as a band of four. :ohno:

Also, how much different is 'Coexist'? I've listened to a couple songs, without much an impression...it's actually waiting for me at my local library right now, but I haven't decided whether I should go pick it up yet or not. :P

A teacher and I have been trading music lately, and he mentioned how much he loves both 'XX' and 'Coexist'. We have a lot of similar musical interests, so I decided to give the first album a try. I discovered 'Intro' and 'Islands' a couple years ago, and used to listen to them on repeat, but never really liked any of the other songs I listened to. Now, though, with my rapidly evolving, opportunistically curious music taste, I absolutely adore their disinterested, ~so-uncool-it's-actually-cool~ music and vibes. :cuteface: However, I wish that Baria was still a part of the group...they made more sense to me as a band of four. :ohno:

Also, how much different is 'Coexist'? I've listened to a couple songs, without much an impression...it's actually waiting for me at my local library right now, but I haven't decided whether I should go pick it up yet or not. :P

Although I'm just beginning to be a big fan of their music, I feel like Coexist is the better album. Just the overall feel and instrumentation hits me better quite honestly. I'm enjoying both albums though. Coexist just kinda takes me to another place. Plus the lyrics kinda hit me really good

H0bDaqU.gif

I listened to their albums non-stop for like a year.

I saw a live show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA last June.  OMG; one of the live shows ever.

Hope they release new material soon.

I searched the forums and no results for 'XX'.. 

Does anybody dig these guys?  I listened to their albums non-stop for like a year.

I saw a live show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA last June.  OMG; one of the live shows ever.

Thread already here but I don't blame you for not being able to find it because the search bar doesn't do stuff below three letters lel

Jamie XX went solo. But I'm pretty sure they are supposed to make a 3rd album??

Can`t wait to hear some new material, I`m dying here :( hurry up guys

11870919_10153682536076004_1412515567635

They posted it in August 2015.  I hope that we`ll get it at the beginning of 2016.

tumblr_olpmx370Gw1rtrj6po1_500.gif