Sign in to follow this  
LDRO

Lana Del Rey Scores Her Highest Charting Song in the US

lana-1.del_.rey_.8.jpg

This week, Lana Del Rey's 'Summertime Sadness' becomes her highest charting song in America, beating her previous peaks with Young and Beautiful and Video Games. This week, 'Summertime Sadness' jump seven places to #16 on the Billboard Hot 100, due to several reason. The rise in the song is due to the remix by Cedric Gervais which accounted for around 60% of the total sales.

It also jumps four spots to #9 on the Hot Digital Songs, selling 101,000 copies in the US, totalling 575,529 copies sold so far. That also means, this is Lana Del Rey's third GOLD certification for a single in the US, with her previous two coming from Video Games and Young and Beautiful! 

That's not all! Lana Del Rey's 'Summertime Sadness' ends Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines' record streak of 10 consecutive weeks of being the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer as Lana's 'Summertime Sadness' claims the award with a 43% increase to 43 million impressions.

On the topic of American charts, in its 80th week on the chart, Lana Del Rey's 'Born To Die' moves up to #28 selling 9,703 copies [+7%] in the US! Being released in January of last year, this album has been consistent and shows that Lana, in the market which she has never been dominant nor relevant, has longevity. 

Peak Positions in the US

#16 - Summertime Sadness
#22 - Young and Beautiful
#91 - Video Games

Buy Lana Del Rey’s ‘Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) now!

UKhttp://bit.ly/UKSSRemix  USBuy The Single Now on US iTunes!

Request it on US Radiohttp://bit.ly/RequestSS 

I wish the original was getting all the attention, but either way the remix is helping sales of the original version immensely anyway and it's promoting Born To Die even though the remix doesn't exactly represent the sound of the album well. I'm really happy for :party:

H0bDaqU.gif

I wish the original was getting all the attention, but either way the remix is helping sales of the original version immensely anyway and it's promoting Born To Die even though the remix doesn't exactly represent the sound of the album well. I'm really happy for :party:

The original is getting way more streams than the remix, on the likes of Spotify! 

You know, people assume she is invisible in the U.S, but she really isn't, sure she isn;t big and her singles run especially isn't strong, but BTD debuted at #2 and has sold over 700 thousand copies! Paradise debuted at #10 and sold 200 thousand. Video Games only peaked at #90 something, but it still sold half a million downloads on U.S iTunes!

For a girl who is fairly low key there, she actually has had a fairly decent run when she's released things. They're slow sellers but she still sells, moreso than a lot of other acts who aren't as mainstream as she is.

This is good news. I can't wait for a new album and tour. With this success of SS of an album over a year old is awesome. I think the attention she got in Europe and her Lollapalooza show has increased her marketing in the US. I have always felt that she was more popular in the US than believed. 

The dance version of SS has grown on me.  They are playing it on 107.5 in Memphis, which means Lana has arrived.  It is the first time I've ever heard one of her songs on the radio.

This is good news. I can't wait for a new album and tour. With this success of SS of an album over a year old is awesome. I think the attention she got in Europe and her Lollapalooza show has increased her marketing in the US. I have always felt that she was more popular in the US than believed. 

Plus she got good reviews at the shows she played now. I hope she saw them and feels better about the US now