National Anthem

What Are You Listening To?

i've currently been revisiting the untouchable five, they're honestly some of my favorite pieces from her :deadbanana:  imagine what could have happened if they didn't leak  :toofunny:

also i don't know if there's a different thread i should ask this in, but i'm assuming people looking at this thread would be interested in music anyways so maybe someone will know lol. but does anyone know of some recent artists that still use pause tapes? or at least kind of make music in that style even if they're not using the real thing?

UbsOye5.png

i've currently been revisiting the untouchable five, they're honestly some of my favorite pieces from her :deadbanana:  imagine what could have happened if they didn't leak  :toofunny:

also i don't know if there's a different thread i should ask this in, but i'm assuming people looking at this thread would be interested in music anyways so maybe someone will know lol. but does anyone know of some recent artists that still use pause tapes? or at least kind of make music in that style even if they're not using the real thing?

What's a pause tape?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What's a pause tape?

it's a cheap way to make your own hip hop beats. like back in the day, kids weren't about to go out and buy expensive sampling equipment to make music because hip hop was so new that it wasn't really a thing yet, people didn't know that it was gonna turn into anything at all. hip hop hadn't become an industry, there were no hip hop artists, no records out, it was just kids making their own tapes and handing them around to friends and stuff. people had no idea it was gonna turn into anything, so why spend a lot of money on something that would basically be considered a "hobby" u feel? i suck at explaining tho so here is an article that probably does a better job than me

but they were super influential & a lot of the first hip hop records used them, and obviously things build off the beginning so that's how we got to what hip hop is today. it's like a corner stone of the genre lol

UbsOye5.png

it's a cheap way to make your own hip hop beats. like back in the day, kids weren't about to go out and buy expensive sampling equipment to make music because hip hop was so new that it wasn't really a thing yet, people didn't know that it was gonna turn into anything at all. hip hop hadn't become an industry, there were no hip hop artists, no records out, it was just kids making their own tapes and handing them around to friends and stuff. people had no idea it was gonna turn into anything, so why spend a lot of money on something that would basically be considered a "hobby" u feel? i suck at explaining tho so here is an article that probably does a better job than me

but they were super influential & a lot of the first hip hop records used them, and obviously things build off the beginning so that's how we got to what hip hop is today. it's like a corner stone of the genre lol

Hmm I can't think of any artists :/

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven