RIP Bobby Womack

Bobby Womack, the legendary soul singer whose career spanned seven decades, died Friday at age 70. A representative for Womack's label XL Recordings confirmed the singer's death, but said the cause of death was currently unknown.

Source

:(

An unpleasant surprise that this happened. I, like most people I am assuming, are not entirely familiar with jazz & soul music, although I have listened to some before (even before I listened to Lana.) XL Recordings uploaded this song at the end of my truly tough freshman year, and this song brought me back to that special place where jazz/soul/R&B/blues makes a person analyze the beauty in this world. Unfortunately, I only found out about Bobby Womack through Lana's featured vocals. In case you didn't see, I even made my location "San Dayglo Reflection" when I recently got on Lanaboards! (San Diego really.) This song is unique for me b/c Womack sampled the drums off another great underrated/favorite artist known as "Captain Beefheart" (I discovered him on my own.) Also, with no hostility intended, I'm pretty sure that the "Rays" haven't heard this masterpiece of a song, but this song is the direction I'd love to see Lana delve into.Even the visual in the video reflects Lana's passion with metaphysics. May Bobby Womack rest in (and rock n' roll in) peace!

I'm really really sad, like a big part of this fandom I knew him thanks to Dayglo Reflection but that was enough for me to love his work. Till this day I find DR as one of Lana's best collaborations. 

RIP to Bobby and the never recorded collaboration album.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

An unpleasant surprise that this happened. I, like most people I am assuming, are not entirely familiar with jazz & soul music, although I have listened to some before (even before I listened to Lana.) XL Recordings uploaded this song at the end of my truly tough freshman year, and this song brought me back to that special place where jazz/soul/R&B/blues makes a person analyze the beauty in this world. Unfortunately, I only found out about Bobby Womack through Lana's featured vocals. In case you didn't see, I even made my location "San Dayglo Reflection" when I recently got on Lanaboards! (San Diego really.) This song is unique for me b/c Womack sampled the drums off another great underrated/favorite artist known as "Captain Beefheart" (I discovered him on my own.) Also, with no hostility intended, I'm pretty sure that the "Rays" haven't heard this masterpiece of a song, but this song is the direction I'd love to see Lana delve into.Even the visual in the video reflects Lana's passion with metaphysics. May Bobby Womack rest in (and rock n' roll in) peace!

Your comment is perfect.

RIP.