Deluxe Edition

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Time Online: 209d 50m 29s

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

inb4 yall are so delusional rn

This record is bad and she is just fresh to a lot of people in America who just discovered Summertime Sadness Cedric Remix

That's why she is no1 at this moment.

And you will realise this in few months...You won't play it anymore... The thirst for new songs is already here.

Lana gurl/sis/bae u better take some talented and professional people not egocentric talentless guy (saw some shitty interview, VERY awful and shitty personality)

If she will go this way I can see her in 2016 living on old fame with Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, Born to die...

p3A9L.gif

• Elsemarie159 and Bekim like this

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

#22 OFFLINE   Limelight

Limelight

L'Ennemi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Time Online: 36d 1h 58m 54s

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

This record is bad and she is just fresh to a lot of people in America who just discovered Summertime Sadness Cedric Remix

And you will realise this in few months...You won't play it anymore... The thirst for new songs is already here.

Lana gurl/sis/bae u better take some talented and professional people not egocentric talentless guy (saw some shitty interview, VERY awful and shitty personality)

If she will go this way I can see her in 2016 living on old fame with Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, Born to die...

p3A9L.gif

Shut up, Kiki.
  • sweetie likes this

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   Wilde_child

Wilde_child

I'm a sad girl I'm a bad girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro
  • Time Online: 10d 10h 6m 59s

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Nice reference there, friend.
;)

I mean DANIEL that is how a label works! And I'm sure this little article won't make it easier for Lana next time around.. oh well they r both ugly but they have the music so who cares.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

#24 OFFLINE   GodBlessMe

GodBlessMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel
  • Time Online: 99d 19h 42m 52s

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

p3A9L.gif

:eek: I'm disgusted
I AM MY ONLY GOD

#25 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
  • Time Online: 62d 21h 52m 41s

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

If i was a singer i imagine record bosses would fucking drive me crazy with their shit. Good article.

• Kitschesque likes this

#26 OFFLINE   naachoboy

naachoboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Time Online: 174d 13h 53m 31s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

p3A9L.gif

K

#27 OFFLINE   KillKillQueen

KillKillQueen

SpaceX Sugar Baby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Time Online: 10d 21h 13m 24s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

So this would be a Black Beauty-esque Rick Rubin album if Lana was a more pun(k)tucal lady??

UV is perfect as is, but I don't want her to work with Dan as a producer again. You know how all Black Keys songs sound the same? (Like reject White Stripes songs) I don't need that for Lanz  :eek:

• sukiedelrey, Dazed and Kitschesque like this

tZ7WN4B.gif

#28 OFFLINE   Hundred Dollar Bill

Hundred Dollar Bill

Thunderbolt

• Moderators
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel, FL
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Favourite LDR Song:Daytona Meth / HDB / BBM Baby
  • Time Online: 80d 9h 15m 19s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

p3A9L.gif

Who are you to tell everyone what they will or won't be listening to in a few months? UV is a fine record and I'm sure most everyone here disagrees with you when you say no one will listen to it after a while. There's ALWAYS a thirst for new songs so that's irrelevant.

Lana's obviously very happy with the album & was able to do what she wanted with it so it's pretty shit of you to disrespect that. She wouldn't have worked with Dan if she didn't think he was right for the album.
  • James19709 and HEARTCORE like this

eH1mCmL.gif 14417469274.gif eH1mCmL.gif

#29 OFFLINE   Trash Magic

Trash Magic

Listens to people who can sing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Time Online: 238d 4h 10m 30s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

Get a haircut
  • Arzi, evilentity, Hundred Dollar Bill and 4 others like this

#30 OFFLINE   LiamViljoen

LiamViljoen

Drugstore Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Time Online: 37d 12h 58m 34s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

Get a haircut

... Me?

#31 OFFLINE   LiamViljoen

LiamViljoen

Drugstore Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Time Online: 37d 12h 58m 34s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

p3A9L.gif

I don't like you.
  • Ziad likes this

#32 OFFLINE   ilovetati

ilovetati

Am I that boy that you dream of?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  • Time Online: 176d 2h 8m 13s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

Who is delusional here? Mmk.

#33 OFFLINE   longtimeman

longtimeman

This is an invitation, it's not a threat.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Fan Since:23/11/2013
  • Time Online: 292d 6h 15m 40s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

I was hoping someone would tell me what music I'll be listening to in the future. If someone can tell me what I should have for lunch, I'll be set 

• Januli, HEARTCORE, LittleFool and 4 others like this

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

#34 OFFLINE   naachoboy

naachoboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Time Online: 174d 13h 53m 31s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

Get a haircut

lmfaooooooooo

#35 OFFLINE   Dazed

Dazed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Time Online: 53d 22h 49m 59s

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

So this would be a Black Beauty-esque Rick Rubin album if Lana was a more pun(k)tucal lady??

UV is perfect as is, but I don't want her to work with Dan as a producer again. You know how all Black Keys songs sound the same? (Like reject White Stripes songs) I don't need that for Lanz  :eek:

Agreed tbh

#36 OFFLINE   larina

larina

2nd of April, 2018! ♡

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Locationstuck in 2007
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 16d 3h 21m 30s

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

I would have loved to see the people at Interscope and Polydor's faces when UV reached number one. :godlaugh2:
  • Kitschesque likes this

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

#37 OFFLINE   Rem

Rem

LEGEND

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Time Online: 67d 11h 12m 10s

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

Her label was right this time.

She's kinda underperforming with her new material lol

But let me keep it cute.

As much as I love UV. BTD is still my fav simply because it strikes a perfect balance between Alternative and Pop.

UV is too uncommercial for success.

#38 OFFLINE   Rem

Rem

LEGEND

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Time Online: 67d 11h 12m 10s

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

' And we send them the rough mix and they fucking hate it and they hate the way it's mixed.

Who is this label person? We should be BFF.

#39 OFFLINE   HEARTCORE

HEARTCORE

twisted elegance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts
  • Locationcity games
  • Time Online: 105d 1h 1m 37s

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

Her label was right this time.

She's kinda underperforming with her new material lol

But let me keep it cute.

As much as I love UV. BTD is still my fav simply because it strikes a perfect balance between Alternative and Pop.

UV is too uncommercial for success.

Why should it be about sales or commercial success? I don't beliwve Lana ever intended to get higher sales than BtD with UV. She created Ultraviolence with the idea of creating good music, not gaining worldwide success; she already has that. An album's worthiness should not be measured by its place on the charts.
  • PrettyBaby, evilentity, Hundred Dollar Bill and 3 others like this

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

#40 OFFLINE   larina

larina

2nd of April, 2018! ♡

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Locationstuck in 2007
  • Time Online: 16d 3h 21m 30s

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

butterflies, on 19 Jul 2014 - 9:22 PM, said:

p3A9L.gif

Maybe you are the delusional one... :oopna:
Ultraviolence is a work of art. In point of fact, every album is a work of art. These people are artists and what they do is create art. Some may not have the taste to appreciate some--like myself with techno music, I can come up with one hundred reasons why I do not like it but it is my own opinion and my own taste. I have been told not to criticise it for it is my opinion and I just do not like it. The fact that I am tone deaf to it does not mean that it is not music.
Many people do not like Lolita; they believe it to be a wrong, inappropriate and repulsive novel. But to me, I adore Vladimir Nabokov's posh and proper prose and I do, in fact, enjoy the story itself.
What I am trying to say is that just because you believe it to be bad, it does not necessarily mean it is bad. It is to you and some others (I guarrantee you are not the only one - and I bet some other users on here, too) but not to everyone.

I understand you were only voicing your opinion, but "And you will realise this in few months...You won't play it anymore..." is rather personal. How are you to know this? Have you had a premonition? Have you foreseen such? I highly doubt it. As I have said before, we are unique, thus our opinions also being unique. Everyone will have different thoughts on Ultraviolence. That is the way art is concieved, unless, of course, every single human being on this planet is brainwashed and is forced to think a certain way. But then we will no longer be ourselves and the world would be as boring as hell. Of course, I want everyone to like Ultraviolence just like I want everyone to like me, but unfortunately, that is impossible.

But returning to my point, I am sure there are many users on here that will still be listening to Ultraviolence for years to come, and I am certain that I am one of them,

To me, Ultraviolence is a work of art and a brilliant one at that!
  • James19709, butterflies, Miguel3Zero and 4 others like this

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users