Linethic

Dan Auerbach Speaks About "Ultraviolence" Label Issues

inb4 yall are so delusional rn

This record is bad and she is just fresh to a lot of people in America who just discovered Summertime Sadness Cedric Remix

That's why she is no1 at this moment.

And you will realise this in few months...You won't play it anymore... The thirst for new songs is already here.

Lana gurl/sis/bae u better take some talented and professional people not egocentric talentless guy (saw some shitty interview, VERY awful and shitty personality)

If she will go this way I can see her in 2016 living on old fame with Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, Born to die...

p3A9L.gif

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

This record is bad and she is just fresh to a lot of people in America who just discovered Summertime Sadness Cedric Remix

And you will realise this in few months...You won't play it anymore... The thirst for new songs is already here.

Lana gurl/sis/bae u better take some talented and professional people not egocentric talentless guy (saw some shitty interview, VERY awful and shitty personality)

If she will go this way I can see her in 2016 living on old fame with Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, Born to die...

p3A9L.gif

Shut up, Kiki.

EotAQlJ.jpg

Nice reference there, friend.

;)

I mean DANIEL that is how a label works! And I'm sure this little article won't make it easier for Lana next time around.. oh well they r both ugly but they have the music so who cares.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

p3A9L.gif

:eek: I'm disgusted

I AM MY ONLY GOD

p3A9L.gif

K

So this would be a Black Beauty-esque Rick Rubin album if Lana was a more pun(k)tucal lady??

UV is perfect as is, but I don't want her to work with Dan as a producer again. You know how all Black Keys songs sound the same? (Like reject White Stripes songs) I don't need that for Lanz  :eek:

tZ7WN4B.gif

p3A9L.gif

Who are you to tell everyone what they will or won't be listening to in a few months? UV is a fine record and I'm sure most everyone here disagrees with you when you say no one will listen to it after a while. There's ALWAYS a thirst for new songs so that's irrelevant.

Lana's obviously very happy with the album & was able to do what she wanted with it so it's pretty shit of you to disrespect that. She wouldn't have worked with Dan if she didn't think he was right for the album.

14417469274.gif

p3A9L.gif

I don't like you.

So this would be a Black Beauty-esque Rick Rubin album if Lana was a more pun(k)tucal lady??

UV is perfect as is, but I don't want her to work with Dan as a producer again. You know how all Black Keys songs sound the same? (Like reject White Stripes songs) I don't need that for Lanz  :eek:

Agreed tbh

Her label was right this time.

She's kinda underperforming with her new material lol

But let me keep it cute.

As much as I love UV. BTD is still my fav simply because it strikes a perfect balance between Alternative and Pop.

UV is too uncommercial for success.

Her label was right this time.

She's kinda underperforming with her new material lol

But let me keep it cute.

As much as I love UV. BTD is still my fav simply because it strikes a perfect balance between Alternative and Pop.

UV is too uncommercial for success.

Why should it be about sales or commercial success? I don't beliwve Lana ever intended to get higher sales than BtD with UV. She created Ultraviolence with the idea of creating good music, not gaining worldwide success; she already has that. An album's worthiness should not be measured by its place on the charts.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

butterflies, on 19 Jul 2014 - 9:22 PM, said:

p3A9L.gif

Maybe you are the delusional one... :oopna:

Ultraviolence is a work of art. In point of fact, every album is a work of art. These people are artists and what they do is create art. Some may not have the taste to appreciate some--like myself with techno music, I can come up with one hundred reasons why I do not like it but it is my own opinion and my own taste. I have been told not to criticise it for it is my opinion and I just do not like it. The fact that I am tone deaf to it does not mean that it is not music.

Many people do not like Lolita; they believe it to be a wrong, inappropriate and repulsive novel. But to me, I adore Vladimir Nabokov's posh and proper prose and I do, in fact, enjoy the story itself.

What I am trying to say is that just because you believe it to be bad, it does not necessarily mean it is bad. It is to you and some others (I guarrantee you are not the only one - and I bet some other users on here, too) but not to everyone.

I understand you were only voicing your opinion, but "And you will realise this in few months...You won't play it anymore..." is rather personal. How are you to know this? Have you had a premonition? Have you foreseen such? I highly doubt it. As I have said before, we are unique, thus our opinions also being unique. Everyone will have different thoughts on Ultraviolence. That is the way art is concieved, unless, of course, every single human being on this planet is brainwashed and is forced to think a certain way. But then we will no longer be ourselves and the world would be as boring as hell. Of course, I want everyone to like Ultraviolence just like I want everyone to like me, but unfortunately, that is impossible.

But returning to my point, I am sure there are many users on here that will still be listening to Ultraviolence for years to come, and I am certain that I am one of them,

To me, Ultraviolence is a work of art and a brilliant one at that!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif