CruelWorld

Lana covers "Complex" magazine - August/September Issue

People who are doing sex with no feelings involved frequently have issues regarding respect, loyalty and not treating others like a piece of meat of their ephemeral desire. I don't give a fuck how many partners she had in her life but saying publicly "a lot" is irresponsible from her and contradictory with any family values she expressed. I suspect her of lying about that, I don't believe that she fucked her way around period.

Idiot.

Dude you need to relax a bit. I mean it's really none of our business. You shouldn't project your morality onto her.

Slow down with the dude. But it is my business at some level, I invested time and money in her artistry. Now, I cannot listen to her music it's making me nauseous. And I wasn't a casual fan. I don't project anything that is mine, I'm pointing out the incredible contradictory bullshit that she's putting out. I defended her many times online but this undefendable, the amount of mockery that will come towards her will break her down and I think that she lost all the credibility that she worked hard on since her stupid SNL show.

Slow down with the dude. But it is my business at some level, I invested time and money in her artistry. Now, I cannot listen to her music it's making me nauseous. And I wasn't a casual fan. I don't project anything that is mine, I'm pointing out the incredible contradictory bullshit that she's putting out. I defended her many times online but this undefendable, the amount of mockery that will come towards her will break her down and I think that she lost all the credibility that she worked hard on since her stupid SNL show.

775794433_510368.gif

Instead of discussing her fucking sex life or her psychological problems (all over again), which are quite personal issues (especially the latter one), I think we should take a moment to praise these sentences:

"Making Brooklyn my home base for the last two and a half weeks has really helped me out, like I’ve actually started thinking conceptually that I have this addition, an addition to this record that could come really easily. That hasn't happened in a long time. Not since I wrote that Paradise addition to Born to Die, which I really loved."

Maybe she actually didn't lie when she talked about Music To Watch Boys To... She's officially single now, so in my opinion she has great reasons to use these words as a concept for a new EP  :hooker:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Slow down with the dude. But it is my business at some level, I invested time and money in her artistry. Now, I cannot listen to her music it's making me nauseous.

You're right, it's not like she sings about a 'burning desire,' or being fucked 'hard in the pouring rain,' or actually depicts having sex on a pinball machine or anything overtly sexual in her art

... Oh wait...

Life is awesome, I confess. What I do, I do best.

I respect everybody opinions and I don't want to create the impression that I force my opinions on anybody. But I think that some of you don't comprehend the gravity of what she said. It's everywhere in the world in every shithole where the Lana Del Rey name was never heard before and now she's portrayed like the biggest whore in the music industry. No one would want to associate with her anymore, you believe that Katty Perry or Taylor Swift will take a picture with her or want to sit next to her at the Grammys? This statement shades people that worked with her at her label who will feel uncomfortable and will have a negative attitude towards her (I don't think D. Auerbach or any of her male producers liked her comment). None of her idiotic prior statements were that damaging, maybe I'm overreacting but this could be a career killing stupidity

i think with people like Brooke Candy and Miley Cyrus running around doing as they do her comment will go just  swimmingly and will only get slight criticism. A woman's promiscuity is almost praised in the industry these days.what she said compared to all the other sexual inudendo, (song lyrics and visuals by other aritst) is soft core at best and really no big deal...BUT  even so, even if the media wants to blow it up and take it out of context thats fine. Shes stated already she expects it already and  does not care anymore. Shes here for herself not here for me or for you or for the Grammys  Or Taylor Swift shes here to paint a picture and tell a story her story... true not true whatever you want to believe about it... ok...rant over. :crossed:  :)  

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

You're right, it's not like she sings about a 'burning desire,' or being fucked 'hard in the pouring rain,' or actually depicts having sex on a pinball machine or anything overtly sexual in her art

... Oh wait...

Did she ever mention a little escape to the great sunshine with a

MARRIED MAN?!!!!!!!1

... and that his wife wouldn't mind?

I think that Lizzy Grant is in the midst of the psychological chaos created by the adoption of the Lana Del Rey character when she took the decision that Lizzy and Lana are the same person. Lana is a fantasy and Lizzy is just morphing strangely under this façade. There are two outcomes possible: She will become Lana Del Rey or she will melt psychologically at some point and we'll all know it.

LDR is the "created reality" of Lizzy Grant in her magical pop working http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5098-ldr-interview-with-austrian-newspaper-krone/&do=findComment&comment=200510

LDR: Absolutely. I think that dreams are as important as reality. I learned that from the author Charles F. Haanel who wrote a book named “The Master Key System”. I still remember when I was really young and dreamt about my future. This imagined future kept manifesting itself to my reality/becoming more and more my reality. This manifestation (?) is very important for imagining your inner world and believing in your dreams.

I.: So are you often deliberately leaving reality?

LDR: Sometimes, but I feel like my dreams are really close to reality because they are so real. Many of them actually became true even though in a little stranger kind than I was thinking. (laughs)

There seems to be some truth to the idea that she wants to be seen as more of a bad bitch than she is; her explanation of "Ultraviolence" here is far more superficial than what she said in the NPR interview. The exoteric explanation is 'I like to get fucked hard' vs. the esoteric explanation, 'God likes to fuck me hard.' I.e., 'it's none of your business and you're not worth a real explanation, since you wouldn't understand it, anyways.' Such are the endless Veils of Mystery that this Isis has metaphorically enfolded herself.

"You can be my higher power baby

I can be your endless USA

We can go on drives for hours baby

Let's change our DNA"

That's a Tantric notion of seeing the divinity in one's partner; not the sort of thing said by someone who doesn't understand sex ...

... Oh wait...

Now that you are pointing out the lyrics to me, it's strange how easily anything can change. You wake up as Lana fan and in the evening you are really annoyed by her, close to hating her. I wish you all happy Lana discussions

Now that you are pointing the lyrics out to me, it's strange how easily anything can change. You wake up as Lana fan and in the evening you are really annoyed by her, close to hating her. I wish you all happy Lana discussions

because she's had sex with multiple guys??? because she doesn't necessarily see sex as being such a serious thing??? this is the 21st century, why should her sexual experiences affect your opinion of her as a person? if she wanted to 'fuck her way to the top', that shouldn't mean she's a lesser person. sex means different things to different people. don't judge her because her views don't match yours.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Now that you are pointing out the lyrics to me, it's strange how easily anything can change. You wake up as Lana fan and in the evening you are really annoyed by her, close to hating her. I wish you all happy Lana discussions

7-Finding-Nemo-quotes.gif

I respect everybody opinions and I don't want to create the impression that I force my opinions on anybody. But I think that some of you don't comprehend the gravity of what she said. It's everywhere in the world in every shithole where the Lana Del Rey name was never heard before and now she's portrayed like the biggest whore in the music industry. No one would want to associate with her anymore, you believe that Katty Perry or Taylor Swift will take a picture with her or want to sit next to her at the Grammys? This statement shades people that worked with her at her label who will feel uncomfortable and will have a negative attitude towards her (I don't think D. Auerbach or any of her male producers liked her comment). None of her idiotic prior statements were that damaging, maybe I'm overreacting but this could be a career killing stupidity

At least here you're stating your position in terms of a prediction, i.e., what she said could be "dumb" because negative consequences *may* occur. We just have to wait and see if events you describe actually come to pass, although I think Perry and Swift might avoid LDR for other reasons than LDR's promiscuity. Dan is the interesting case. I can see him being pissed if LDR divulged something that really did happen or if she was seeming to divulge something that *never* actually happened. I think the interview was interesting by leaving it unresolved but suggestive (and surely sex isn't the only way to be physical, they described their relationship as both "butting heads" and "dancing to the music" at the end of the day). If I were Dan, I would just remain silent about it.

If the media judges her for being a sexually active woman, it's just the media's usual misogynistic ways. It's funny that you mention Katy Perry and Taylor Swift since they are also constantly targeted and maligned just for dating or going out with guys.

And really, this is the same woman who created a 10 minute music video glorifying prostitution as an way to freeing yourself. 

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

Guys, I feel that you're all a bit ganging on bloodredjam.. I mean I'm no mod and I don't look down on any posts here but ... Peace and Love, y'all ! <3 (and please don't take this the wrong way)

All I meant by that was sex is a part of her art, so is it such a departure to think she's had (a lot of) sex? I didn't mean for you to start (almost) hating her :eek:

There was no intended ganging up or offence on my behalf. We simply have differing views, and I was airing mine (:

Life is awesome, I confess. What I do, I do best.