Fluorine

Charli XCX

No offense but how much money is that compared to how much it takes to realease shit and pay producers and do visuals? Because look at what happened with GNO and No Angel, you got the songs and the sales and streams are tragic.

Let’s hope 1999 is a hit so she can have a little more wiggle room on what she releases (and maybe an album).

I meant to respond to this yesterday but I got home and passed out lol sorry :facepalm:

This is true, and no offense taken, I get it... but my point basically is... WHERE. ARE. ALL. HER. STANS? lol like her millions of social media followers/subscribers?? Why aren’t people buying her tracks? And with the millions of followers she should have millions of streams...

Plus songs like Taxi and RNR and the more requested tracks are basically more “underground” sorts of tracks and nobody is saying to release them as major singles like Boys or ATAP... and as far as we know, there were no big-time producers really involved... and to host music, there are very inexpensive ways to upload songs for purchase. If there’s a limited underground audience, release them in a more “underground” fashion. Fans are essentially creating and throwing artwork at her...

Like if her collective fanbase at large was just there for her and purchased the tracks and streamed them a few times, she’d literally be generating millions. And this is also why I personally advocate for services like iTunes to implement a “name your price” feature, like Bandcamp... everyone has to pay $1.29 BUT if they choose, people could pay more for a single track or album, as much as they wanted, to better support the artist and industry as a whole.

At this point, if Charles released Taxi, RNR, U&D, among other unreleased tracks... the XCX3 album... I’d (personally) pitch her a considerably higher amount than standard pricing.... Artists have been doing stuff like this for a long time, and I’ve done what I can to support the ones I enjoy, but they have to make it possible in the first place. Going on a tangent here, a band that I enjoy just released some songs after 8 years of holding on to them... Ironically they kinda “leaked” them themselves lol... Man... I wish I could’ve physically pitched them more money because the enjoyment and meaning that a couple of those tracks have brought to me, over the years, has greatly exceeded a $1.29...

People just have to be there for the artists man, that’s really what it is... and these labels and online/digital music services need to implement better business models and improvements to these services to bring about more effective means of supporting music. Take better advantage of people like me that love music and want to give a bit more to the industry.

I think at this point she should announce 1999 get a little bit of hype and then release song / video and then take a break.

It's the only way she's gonna be able to move on with her career... She became to consistent in dropping tracks and now she can't or isn't allowed to live up to that demand from fans. Like she has dropped 11 songs (solo, remixes and collabs) so far this year and Bricks and 1999 are confirmed to also be released. But for some reason that doesn't seem to be enough.

She shouldn't release anymore XCX3 tracks otherwise she'll never be able to move on... just leave them unreleased or if they leak it's a bonus.

But as fans, we need to do more. Like I have seen so many people ask for songs to be leaked, asking for download links when the tracks are on Spotify / Apple / iTunes. And then of course leaking material she intends to release. Imagine the hype for 1999 now, if the demo hadn't been leaked in full. We've heard it and it's so annoying.

So yeah, drop your last solo single Charli... take a year out and reinvent what you're doing. Take the time to make an album with the label and get out of that contract (if that's what she wants)

hey best friends, long ass time since I've been on. work and life ya know. round and round cover coming asap. I'm really here though because i saw the early screening of assassination nation last night (bonkers movie btw A+) and charlis song with bibi sucking bricks is played in the movie, its a total fucking party banger, that bass goes in. hopefully it will be on the soundtrack, but heres hoping for an official release.

she's going to start releasing monthly singles again and 1999 will be the first single from the new album 

Hmmm, I still think she should take a break... just to allow fans to appreciate the music again. Like she's been non-stop since 2016 now :facepalm:

Also if 1999 is the lead and is next to be released, does that mean the monthly drops will be album tracks?

Hmmm, I still think she should take a break... just to allow fans to appreciate the music again. Like she's been non-stop since 2016 now :facepalm:

she hasn't though, it's been really inconsistent with tons of issues on releases every time. I think it's about time we get an album. 

she hasn't though, it's been really inconsistent with tons of issues on releases every time. I think it's about time we get an album. 

She has been non stop (compared to other artists)... we ended Sucker in 2015... 2016 she dropped Vroom Vroom and then After The Afterparty and collabs, 2017 gave us 2 mixtapes, Boys and a bunch of collabs and then 2018 gave us like another 13 tracks.

She has been non stop (compared to other artists)... we ended Sucker in 2015... 2016 she dropped Vroom Vroom and then After The Afterparty and collabs, 2017 gave us 2 mixtapes, Boys and a bunch of collabs and then 2018 gave us like another 13 tracks.

She’s been nonstop writing and recording. Something she likes to do........

She’s been nonstop writing and recording. Something she likes to do........

I'm aware... But like others have noticed in her recent interviews she doesn't seem to care anymore. She's just churning out music like a machine and she can't meet the demand of her fans. Like she was dropping a song every month (that wasn't enough), she released NA and GNO for the fans (that wasn't enough they want Taxi and CTMP now), she dropped N1A and Pop 2 last year (that's not enough, where's the album?)… She didn't release a song in August (where's BIOYL and 1999?)

We've had so much more music over the last 2 years than we would've had if XCX3 had've been released. All I'm saying is that she's been dropping music non-stop since the sucker era. Whether it be singles, EPs, mixtapes or collabs and she still can't catch a break... I think if she starts the monthly drops again and then launches an album in 2019 it'll be damaging to her career in the long run.

She should take a break, keep recording and doing what she loves but if she stops trying to please the fans then they'll be less entitled. Constantly demanding stuff from her cos they'll be used to not having her drop new music all the time.

The problem with Charli taking a break to record music is it will just end up leaked before it has a chance to be released. Look at White Mercedes, a week after it was recorded a new snippet was already being teased on SoundCloud. It’s really sad. :/

I think it's because the fans never got this album that was already being teased and kind of performed, Charli delivers a lot compared to other artists but I don't think it's the same as having a completed body of work with visuals/performances/interviews/promo. I don't think anyone gets tired of her music quickly I'm sure we all listen to most of her music daily, its just tricky because people enjoyed the sound that she had for her OG album and I don't think just having the leaks quenched the thirst or justified missing out on what that era should've been, but then again I do think it's time we just let charli do what she needs to. I don't think her taking a break will do her any good considering her fanbase grew quite a bit over the mixtape releases, + she's not a big enough artist to just disappear for a year and then drop an album without momentum

+ charli herself said her and AG would prefer to consistently release music anyway, she said she enjoys creating material and putting it out there so if she could do that then it'd be ideal, I think her creating music and only releasing the songs a year or two later is probably something she'd hate to do