LDRO

Instagram Updates

y'all need to STOP looking for answers from FAMOUS CELEBRITIES...

they are not Gods,

sure it would be nice af & awesome for her to say something,     but you cannot sit here & say she won't get torn to shreds as "fake" for posting something. 

tbh IDGF what a white ELLEN or TSWIFT or ldr for that matter has to say for me to KNOW INHERENTLY this whole situation with George Floyd is messed up. 

y'all need to STOP looking for answers from FAMOUS CELEBRITIES...

they are not Gods,

sure it would be nice af & awesome for her to say something,     but you cannot sit here & say she won't get torn to shreds as "fake" for posting something. 

tbh IDGF what a white ELLEN or TSWIFT or ldr for that matter has to say for me to KNOW INHERENTLY this whole situation with George Floyd is messed up.

When someones favorite singer, who they hold close to their heart, is being silent on an issue like this, it does provoke an emotional response. Its only natural. Seeing someone you admire not standing up for a cause like this can be weird and make you feel unsure about them. People care about their faves saying something. Not every single celeb in the world.

i simply don't understand the pressure on artists to publish things that are not related to their art !! she is NOT obliged, and social media are NOT REAL LIFE, she can do BLM things outside social media in real life that no one knows about she doesn't HAVE TO show it on the internet, she doesn't owe anything to any person, sorry but that's my opinion 

if you have time to talk about how un-racist you are or have the time to make a video about the criticism you get and talk about black reparations in that video, then you have time to talk about injustices against black people. prove you want reparations for black people when they're still targets of the government.

lana's getting hate either way, it doesn't matter! use your platform for good.

come off of it yall, why are some of you blindly defending this? you're not getting paid

When someones favorite singer, who they hold close to their heart, is being silent on an issue like this, it does provoke an emotional response. Its only natural. Seeing someone you admire not standing up for a cause like this can be weird and make you feel unsure about them. People care about their faves saying something. Not every single celeb in the world.

I understand this point of view, and I wish she would speak up... 

however, looking to celebrities as revolutionaries is not what we should be doing. 

I understand this point of view, and I wish she would speak up... 

however, looking to celebrities as revolutionaries is not what we should be doing.

Simply speaking up about it and showing support would not turn her into a revolutionary lmao was anyone asking for her to become one??? Or any of the celebs?? Cuz i sure wasnt Lol

Simply speaking up about it and showing support would not turn her into a revolutionary lmao was anyone asking for her to become one??? Or any of the celebs?? Cuz i sure wasnt Lol

I never said you called her a revolutionary... but my point is, many people look to celebrities as GODS and Figures of truth... thats my point... ofc lana is not a god and she messes up, im not excusing her for being silent right now - don't TWIST my words. 

i simply don't understand the pressure on artists to publish things that are not related to their art !! she is NOT obliged, and social media are NOT REAL LIFE, she can do BLM things outside social media in real life that no one knows about she doesn't HAVE TO show it on the internet, she doesn't owe anything to any person, sorry but that's my opinion

I agree to a certain extent, but this isn’t an issue she should be silent about...

She has a huge platform where she can share petitions and encourage her following to stand up, get involved and spread the message. I can understand why people are disappointed that she isn’t posting anything

s-be18bcd9e81764b8ffe6979bdf3994c544ee54

i'm defending the fact that artists are not obliged to show things that are not related to their artistry on social media,

follow your logic that if she can show help she HAVE TO, there's TONS of people suffering and getting murdered EVERY DAY , in that case they should every day publish about helping people since she's obliged

and once again, her or any artist not publishing those stuff doesn't mean that they are doing nothing outside of social media, because instagram is NOT REAL LIFE !

to be clear, i'm not against showing help it's admirable, i'm against the pressure, the fact that people literally force celebrities, and if they don't obey, you cancel them, that's so wrong

people can be deceived, they can have their opinion about the fact that she didn't publish anything , but NO NEED FOR VIOLENCE AND INSULTS 

y'all are asking for compassion yet you don't have that compassion when you cancel artists because they didn't post a story saying that "she feels sorry"

you need to know that if an artist doesn't do it doesn't mean they don't feel sorry, because fun fact, social medias are not real life (i'm repeating myself I kNoW) 

sorry if i'm being too talkative, maybe i'm wrong maybe not 

I never said you called her a revolutionary... but my point is, many people look to celebrities as GODS and Figures of truth... thats my point... ofc lana is not a god and she messes up, im not excusing her for being silent right now - don't TWIST my words. 

and I never said you said I called her one either. My point clearly is that not everyone is looking for her  or other celebs to be a God or anything, just simply to support the cause hahahaha you quoted me and made that comment so it deff felt directed at me  :smokes:

I agree to a certain extent, but this isn’t an issue she should be silent about...

She has a huge platform where she can share petitions and encourage her following to stand up, get involved and spread the message. I can understand why people are disappointed that she isn’t posting anything

Some people are completely missing this simple point so bad

8nl2OpX.png

When are ya'll gonna realise celebrities are LITERALLY regular people? If you care about racial issues, you'll speak up. It's that simple. There's nothing more to it than that. It's cowardly to stay quiet. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

When are ya'll gonna realise celebrities are LITERALLY regular people? If you care about racial issues, you'll speak up. It's that simple. There's nothing more to it than that. It's cowardly to stay quiet.

exactly

Some people are completely missing this simple point so bad

the point is why are y'all not blaming her for not sharing petitions on other issues like what  the ouighours muslims are facing in China ? if speaking up is that important and she has a huge platform, why is the blame only on issues that has more visibility on the net ? again i'm not against her speaking up

well then she's a coward every week since there are unfortunately horrible racial issues every freaking day and not only in the USA 

+ maybe she did more for him than ALL the celebrities combined but she didn't necessarily showed it on instagram

i don't think it's that simple for people have a huge platform 

i can't imagine how complex it is to analyze every little thing to say/write and to know about every detail of a story before speaking up about it since the cancel culture is a trend , exactly celebrities are regular people, she's not a robot she doesn't have to know about EVERYTHING that's going on in the world and search about it and make a statement about it, but if she does it then great ! but i can't understand how she can be insulted for it

i don't think it's that simple for people have a huge platform 

i can't imagine how complex it is to analyze every little thing to say/write and to know about every detail of a story before speaking up about it since the cancel culture is a trend , exactly celebrities are regular people, she's not a robot she doesn't have to know about EVERYTHING that's going on in the world and search about it and make a statement about it, but if she does it then great ! but i can't understand how she can be insulted for it

this and also she may have done stuff behind the screen to help. you literally never know

negAbhB.png

the point is why are y'all not blaming her for not sharing petitions on other issues like what  the ouighours muslims are facing in China ? if speaking up is that important and she has a huge platform, why is the blame only on issues that has more visibility on the net ? again i'm not against her speaking up

She could sign petitions for other problems in the world too, but this is something that’s going on daily in her own country. I think it would hit her closer to home than something she might not even be aware of in a foreign country. There’s no way she has missed news of the recent days and what’s going on in America right now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

and i'm not even talking about lana herself but in a general side

again she may have not posted an IG story or a petition but who can tell what she did behind the scenes ? she's not even into social medias and u should know it  

She could sign petitions for other problems in the world too, but this is something that’s going on daily in her own country. I think it would hit her closer to home than something she might not even be aware of in a foreign country. There’s no way she has missed news of the recent days and what’s going on in America right now.

yes i know but how do u know what she did or didn't, how she felt about it ? you can't judge and suppose those things based on what she did or didn't on instagram, even if you LIVED with her you wouldn't know what she does on her own 

Of course I don’t know what she’s doing or not doing. If she has donated or signed a petition, great. But I don’t think it would hurt to let her fans know that she has done something to help the BLM movement, the worst thing that could happen would be that people wouldn’t believe her after last week, but honestly, that shouldn’t bother her if she knows she’s done something to help.

Like others pointed out already, she can take time to make multiple posts explaining her “question for the culture” message, promote stores and send DMs to Instagram moms... Why can’t she take a minute to, say, I don’t know, post a BLM picture and a link to petitions or donations in the caption? It’s the least she can do.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png