LDRO

Instagram Updates

Really not trying to be insensitive or to talk the BLM-matter itseld down in any way, but outside of your twitter-and-instagram-fandom-and-haters-bubble, at this point noone cares whether some random pop singer talks about the issue or not. Y'all acting as if Lana not saying anything is a major catastrophe.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

After people dragging her through the mud, some y’all expect her to speak up?? Worms for brains.

FYI, Lana haven’t performed on live TV since 2012. 8 years ago. And y’all know why....

I don’t expect anymore public statements from her...EVER. 

She played Video Games at the Breakthrough Prize in 2013 which was broadcasted on Science Channel tho :hooker:

8nl2OpX.png

I didn't understand why you quoted me. If what you wrote was for me, know that I was agreeing with what DCooper wrote. And, if it's of interest to you, read my previous posts where I express my opinion on that.

Oh no baby, sorry, I wasn't attacking you. I quoted you bc I noticed we kinda share the same kind of thoughts and I agreed with what you said. That's why I quoted you :)

original.gif

Really not trying to be insensitive or to talk the BLM-matter itseld down in any way, but outside of your twitter-and-instagram-fandom-and-haters-bubble, at this point noone cares whether some random pop singer talks about the issue or not. Y'all acting as if Lana not saying anything is a major catastrophe.

This. It literally does not matter. It's on the news 24/7. Everyone knows about it already. Leave Lana alone.

when you have a platform, you have the moral obligation to speak out and point out when obvious injustices like this occur (especially if your fandom is majority white and lost in their own world like lana’s is, she could be raising awareness in a group of people that a lot of other pop stars can’t reach)

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

lots of social change start with violent riots, the suffragettes, stonewall, boston tea party. i feel for small business owners caught in the crossfire, hopefully they can get their money from insurance and rebuild

this has been a nightmare for everyone, but ultimately, at some point action must be taken. these people have been trying it the non-violent way for decades now, and it’s gotten them nowhere

So is Sean Larkin is silent about this? I mean he has more of a moral obligation to say something than LDR, given the nature of his two jobs (the 2nd one especially). On the upside, him not commenting (about how 4 cops were incapable of arresting one unarmed POC, suspected of a non-violent crime, without killing him), should make him much less appealing to her.

Yes everyone knows it already, but the fact that you've heard doesn't mean you've embraced it. She has thousands of fans, people idolize her, her saying a word would definitely touch people. This is a humanity situation, her getting backlash doesn't matter rn, and btw she said i don't care fuck off so I don't think this is the situation here. She is not afraid of the backlash, she just doesn't care. Oh btw yes she may have donated silent, but why not do that out loud? 

Yeah removed my comment bc while I agree with my pacifist argument it was hastily written and poorly proofread as it was a 5 am off the cuff post

ah sorry do you want me to change my comment? remove your quote?

There are protests in her home state. Where she went on a papped date with her cop (ex?) BF less than a year ago. She's not obligated to say anything - personally I'd much rather she didn't write a statement or whatever, we all know how that turns out. But sharing links on her story like Ariana has would be encouraging to see after being told to believe in her good intentions and belief in reparations.

locals only

Man I’m so cross with twitter these days All these alleged Lana stans coming for her not posting about George Floyd after what happened with the racist allegations not realising if she posted something they would tear her to pieces - I feel for Lana these days she needs to get rid of a big part of her toxic fanbase

Lol can ya’ll stop defending her and saying “well maybe she’s doing something behind the scenes”. Okay? And? She has millions of followers and while backlash is possible, if she cares enough, she’ll post. She’ll bring awareness. Simple. End of. Nothing more about it. Silence speaks volumes.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Man I’m so cross with twitter these days All these alleged Lana stans coming for her not posting about George Floyd after what happened with the racist allegations not realising if she posted something they would tear her to pieces - I feel for Lana these days she needs to get rid of a big part of her toxic fanbase

they're right.

she doesn't need to write a personal post - in fact, it's better if she doesn't. this isn't about her. RT posts written by black people & posting donation links would be more than enough. it's not even *just* about making her stance clear in this literal "with us or against us" moment, but abt using a huge public platform to amplify black voices & thus actually help the movement. 

and i can't @ people here justifying her silence with "she's taking a social media break" & "but people would just criticize her more". if indeed that's the reason, do you realize how selfish that makes her? that she's just out there sulking via social media blackout & putting her own feelings above human rights?

Can y'all stop to act like she is a politician? If the statements pop-artists make on issues like that seem to be the most important thing on your agenda right now, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities.

Yes it would be cool if she posted a link for a donation or reposted a black perdons statement. No it's not a major catastrophe or flaw if she does not. Get a grip

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Can y'all stop to act like she is a politician? If the statements pop-artists make on issues like that seem to be the most important thing on your agenda right now, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities.

Yes it would be cool if she posted a link for a donation or reposted a black perdons statement. No it's not a major catastrophe or flaw if she does not. Get a grip

Artists are still people. I'm not an artist yet I spread the word because it's important and it's the decent thing to do. 

The thing is, Lana has portrayed herself to her fans to be socially aware and has actually gotten political before, so why now does she choose to be quiet? I understand she could receive backlash, but it'll happen if she does or doesn't make a post. If she cares, she'll bring awareness. It really is that simple. Her spreading awareness could do a world of good and prompt her fans to make donations and such. 

Also I think people here also forget that Lana has black stans, and I know quite a few are actually disappointed in her silence.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven