LDRO

Instagram Updates

"Leave Lana alone, she's a beautiful spirit who cares deeply about equality and has liberal values in the most meaningful possible way. Sadly the US has a fascist racist in charge and the country deep rooted long standing problems with racial prejudice. If you want a target make it him and that, not Lana."

And then in reply to someone:

"Please support her then she isn't public property she's a human being and a very principled and beautiful one."

The thing is that it isn’t about HER, it’s about how she could use her platform to spread awareness about this topic. Also, she has the time to make a billion posts about singers and stuff like she did the other day but she can’t say shit about this? Is Ben her messenger pigeon? It’s so annoying because it’s not about the fact that she is a celebrity and we want her to make a post, it’s about the fact that she has 16.5M followers and could really use her platform if she’s as woke as she claims to be.

She could make a post one of these days though.

"Leave Lana alone, she's a beautiful spirit who cares deeply about equality and has liberal values in the most meaningful possible way. Sadly the US has a fascist racist in charge and the country deep rooted long standing problems with racial prejudice. If you want a target make it him and that, not Lana."

And then in reply to someone:

"Please support her then she isn't public property she's a human being and a very principled and beautiful one."

And now to someone else:

"My job as a manager and friend is to support her. She being the focus of your attention and annoyance right now, with the world as it is, is absurd."

He sounds unhinged lol

locals only

yeah i changed my mind, lana you need to do SOMETHING

no more looking for america type shit, you can't find beauty in this nation without first dealing and changing the horrible ugly ways it functions

do something, post a link, an image, at the very least, acknowledge what is going on

negAbhB.png

Lana's silence on this is so telling.  Particularly since she seemed very concerned people don't see her as a racist.  Maybe it is more important to not BE a racist than not be SEEN as a racist.  Lana's post didn't start a "race war."  The war has been raging, Lana's been ignoring it, and now it's spilled over into her personal tea.  This would be a great time for Lana to educate herself.

Wow, I didn't knew she and her family are obliged to have black friends/boyfriends/parents... Wow, I didn't knew that having only white people in her circle (which isn't a wrong thing) makes her and her family a racist.

I thought you guys were fans of hers, but it seems you're just a bunch of trolls who are here to criticize Lana and her family. Just f*cking stop, please!

If you wanna talk about BL or how you guys think she's racist, go to some b**** forum.

:icant2:

Yeah i'm by her side no matter what - and you all should do this too - and I'll only be against her if she proves herself a homophobe, that's the f*cking truth!

Sorry to say, man (or woman, don't know), but if you think that focusing on a matter that has been killing and excluding people for centuries (racism, which Lana, as any other one, can be accomplice of just by not explicitly manifesting against) makes this a "b*** forum", maybe you should look for other place to spend your time. For as long as I've been here, this isn't a celebrity/gossip place, but a platform on which world problematics are discussed frecuently, and I think that is the best thing that could be said about a forum centered on an artist and artists and art in general. 

This is a very sensitive subject for everyone and the situation is touchy for her these days, to say the least. Yes, she could say something. Maybe she doesn’t comment because she doesn’t have all the facts? Let’s remember she did that on the whole Middle Eastern situation and she got a lot of backlash. Plus if she does have all the facts, and is enraged by the situation, imagine the comments she would receive even if her post was spot-on (“look who’s talking? The same bich who called out black women a week ago! The same woman who dated a fucking cop!”). I don’t know if not saying anything is a good strategy, I really don’t. And yes, it is a tragedy that modern country still has had racial persecution for more than 400 years. But I really think her recent antics and the reactions received stop her from doing anything: to be her, I wouldn’t want to return to the lion’s den.

someone make a thread for the BLM movement and protests

as relevant as it is to lana and her lack of speaking out, it really deserves it down thread for this kind of discussion

negAbhB.png

If you wanna talk about BL or how you guys think she's racist, go to some b**** forum. Yeah i'm by her side no matter what - and you all should do this too - and I'll only be against her if she proves herself a homophobe, that's the f*cking truth!

Wtf is wrong with y'all omg  :biblio:

looking back at the Ride monologue, i'm mortified at the sentence "I believe in the country America used to be" lmaooooo :rip: sis segregation???? :toofunny:

I really think this is a stretch if you don’t mean it as a joke.

looking back at the Ride monologue, i'm mortified at the sentence "I believe in the country America used to be" lmaooooo :rip: sis segregation???? :toofunny:

LOL that sentence was always so weird to me but i loved the rest of the monologue

also yall don’t expect ben to talk any sense, he still has me blocked from when i tried to explain how wrong it was for lana to perform in israel lol

yk i dont see why you guys want her to speak up so bad

She dated a cop until very recently. She just got major backlash, was accused of being a racist

Now how would it look if she'd post a statement now?

Twitter would only tear her apart yet again, saying she's using the current situation to redeem herself, doing damage control etc - and in the end, shell be branded as an opportunist and noone will take whatever she wrote seriously. A statement would not help anyone.

She should just stay quiet for now and not post on Social Media for the next few weeks.

image.png

yk i dont see why you guys want her to speak up so bad

She dated a cop until very recently. She just got major backlash, was accused of being a racist

Now how would it look if she'd post a statement now?

Twitter would only tear her apart yet again, saying she's using the current situation to redeem herself, doing damage control etc - and in the end, shell be branded as an opportunist and noone will take whatever she wrote seriously. A statement would not help anyone.

She should just stay quiet for now and not post on Social Media for the next few weeks.

lol so only after her latest posts she cares about "Twitter would only tear her apart yet again" 

alrighty then

also her words only taken seriously by her fans and hawaiian moms LMAOO

Can we get like an updated consensus from the thread or something on what people's views are, compile a statement about it so we can discuss things better? 
@MODS would it be in your power to collect data/ answers for a survey etc. or something? 
maybe we can get the main points of both sides thru a vote, and then talk about those topics? 

To get things straight. 
She's not perceived as racist, at least from this forum, but her post should've been worded better. 
She saw those women in a positive light. 
FKA pole, art. SZA. everyone's capable of being vulnerable. it's about the freedom of expressing what she mentioned in varying degrees.

we're currently talking about whether or not she should post.
if she does nothing, it'll make her look bad.
if she does, it'll still probably be perceived by others as looking bad but the act should shine through. 

one of her managers posted on instagram about injustice, MLK Jr. quote. (is that why people are discussing etc. about it here more now?)

is it anyone here's decision but hers to do so or not?

edit: currently looking for my other post on here, listing the happenings so we don't have to echo back n forth as much. if we can get dry facts, feel free to share them please, ty. edit: found. adding. 

So. as a recap. can we just get the facts straight? 

- she name dropped bc she liked those artists. she comments trying to better elaborate what she meant. 
- secondary post. She's got control of her story. if the women she mentioned don't wanna b associated its fine by her. 
- it seems like Ariana may have reached out. Ariana still follows her on insta. did she ever follow her back? 
- Lana and FKA never followed each other. 
- twitter running.
- someone deactivated their insta account bc they got put off w Lana. 
- there was a group chat, with still no cohesive/full screenshots of the conversation. 

- she's allowed to express herself. there are women that feel like they don't have a place in feminism because they might be overpowered by stronger women. 
- not racist, she actually loves the artists, and was probably looking for support. 
- she just wants to express herself and not feel like she's being turned into someone who's hysterical for wanting to do so. 
- there's a difference between knowing who Lana is on a personal basis, and being a fan. of flippin course, but just to reiterate. 

So. for those reading the thread regarding the previous happenings/ updates. is there anything else to add? if anyone wants to quote me, can we keep it more factually based rather than surmising? i think it'd be good to just try and get everyone who wants to get up to speed, up to speed w/o having to glean thru the 50ish pages if they didn't want to. 

@mods, is there a pinned post feature? Ur free to get whatever u think's objectively useful from this post and compile it into another so we don't end up having to echo each other on facts if that's cool 

I'm just gonna start compiling info from other users rn. thanks to the people contributing
@ Pico Boulevard she unfollowed Win Edwards and Honeymoun on Insta. Weadorelana deactivated their account. I don't know anything about Hilary Duff so I'll just wait for confirmation, ty. 
Never followed Hilary Duff, but a fan account. @ Nobody quoting u on this

media: 
Zara Laarson:

hmTPThC.jpgYAlRGdM.jpg

Marina, history. mentioned alt singer? friend history, alleged:  

6y5AYBr.jpg

currently: pg 573, 574.
from @ Kerem.
People are saying that she shouldn't post cause she'd receive backlash cause of last week's events. What me and others are saying is posting is the right thing to do and she should do it no matter what. This isn't about her, her backlash, it's about contributing to the good, spreading good intentions.

UV/Honeymoon

How can some people have such little compassion for Lana's mental health. We have NO clue what she's doing right now, but we do know that, after having her message misunderstood and used against her to suggest she's racist, she posted a long video where she seemed to really be struggling, and a heartbreaking poem about identifying with Sylvia Plath. That alone makes me give her the benefit of the doubt and know that if she could do something she would, and for all we know she is. Do NOT say that she can handle the thousands of criticisms that she would receive if she posts. You're not her, you don't have a clue what she can or can not mentally handle right now. 

I also hope that those of you spending an awful lot of time on Lana Boards talking about how shitty she is, are also using your voices to raise awareness elsewhere. I hope you're not just re-posting the same thing on Instagram, but also emailing people in power, making phone calls, donating if you can afford to, etc. I understand this is a very serious and devastating topic, but let's not forget that we're all human and we owe it to one another to try and understand where people are coming from. 

First of all her management is a joke. They never cared about or opinions, they never utilized criticism, they always made us look like fools. I'm sick of their acts. Second of all this isn't about her you get that? Lastly some of yall really should stop kissing their shoes.