LDRO

Instagram Updates

She obviously knows and heard about it it's been on Twitter the news and Instagram non stop for almost 2 days please stop playing stupid

bro i'm just saying the original statement u made is not true (and I think you agree with me because you deleted it entirely...) . I actually agree with you that she should post something about this specifically. 

Lana seems to be a hardcore patriot. I don't think she's gonna talk about a current issue where a cop's job is on the line. Let's be real. I don't like to assume so much but she seems very selective about what she talks about and brings awareness to, sadly.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

bro i'm just saying the original statement u made is not true (and I think you agree with me because you deleted it entirely...) . I actually agree with you that she should post something about this specifically. 

the statement applies to people who are aware of the issue, not those who aren't aware- "if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor" i promise you it takes 30 seconds to share a petition or make a simple post which i'm sure everyone has the time to do (unless there's an extreme emergency)

I'm really disappointed that Lana hasn't spoken out about this topic, on top of all the other shit she did recently.

I would like her to read this text called The Deafening Silence of Whites by Marianne DiMascio: https://www.uvm.edu/~vtconn/?Page=v24/dimascio.html&SM=search_menu.html

"I want you to say it because then at least I know who I’m dealing with. It’s when you don’t say it, that’s when I get suspicious of you . . . I don’t know when they’re looking at me what they’re thinking . . . I want to be connected to this person. I want to know who you are." 

I need to know if Lana is still a person that I can look up to and, honestly, right now I'm not sure anymore. 

the statement applies to people who are aware of the issue, not those who aren't aware- "if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor" i promise you it takes 30 seconds to share a petition or make a simple post which i'm sure everyone has the time to do (unless there's an extreme emergency)

I agree with your sentiment my ONLY point is that nobody on this earth has ever or could ever speak about every tragic injustice they know about... there are a LOT. So “if you don’t speak about it youre siding with the abuser” can’t be our ethical maxim.

I agree with your sentiment my ONLY point is that nobody on this earth has ever or could ever speak about every tragic injustice they know about... there are a LOT. So “if you don’t speak about it youre siding with the abuser” can’t be our ethical maxim.

Really? i could. They don't all happen at the same time.

i have conflicting feelings over this.

on one hand, nowadays it's almost like, if you write a tweet or make an insta story about it, you're good. as if that requires any sort of effort or means the celeb in question is actually spending time thinking - let alone acting - on the injustice they just briefly mentioned on social media beyond the time it took them to write or RT the post. i believe that it's virtue signalling more than anything else.

on the other hand, these people have huge platforms and the very least they can do is be clear about their stance, even if it's a surface level one. so i tend to think that yeah, even though social media posts are basically meaningless, saying nothing is the worst option.

re: lana, i'm not holding my breath. she's an out-of-touch rich white woman who just dated a cop & self-professedly still believes that there's such a thing as "good cops", so. if she doesn't say anything, i'll hold it against her especially after her tone-deaf comments, but if she does i'll honestly just shrug.

Really? i could. They don't all happen at the same time.

Okay, I guess somebody who is extremely ignorant about the amount of injustice in the world and thinks that multiple injustices don’t happen at once could potentially speak about each instance. That’s a good point

i have conflicting feelings over this.

on one hand, nowadays it's almost like, if you write a tweet or make an insta story about it, you're good. as if that requires any sort of effort or means the celeb in question is actually spending time thinking - let alone acting - on the injustice they just briefly mentioned on social media beyond the time it took them to write or RT the post. i believe that it's virtue signalling more than anything else.

on the other hand, these people have huge platforms and the very least they can do is be clear about their stance, even if it's a surface level one. so i tend to think that yeah, even though social media posts are basically meaningless, saying nothing is the worst option.

re: lana, i'm not holding my breath. she's an out-of-touch rich white woman who just dated a cop & self-professedly still believes that there's such a thing as "good cops", so. if she doesn't say anything, i'll hold it against her especially after her tone-deaf comments, but if she does i'll honestly just shrug.

100% agreed.

Okay, I guess somebody who is extremely ignorant about the amount of injustice in the world and thinks that multiple injustices don’t happen at once could potentially speak about each instance. That’s a good point

sis... maybe i worded it wrong, my point was that the instances don't occur where you must choose between one particular issue to talk about at a certain time. things like twitter allow you to tweet and retweet in literally 2 seconds, so you CAN raise awareness about everything you care about. it's possible.

this is going off the topic of lana so if you wanna carry on you're free to PM me 

she really should post about it. Blake did, as well as Ashley or Alex (don't remember which one). She would get dragged to hell for having dated S**n as well as for her recent remarks about racism, but it's just the right thing to do (that is, if she is siding with BLM, which we don't know for sure)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

She's a bit of a pragmatist in the sense that the George Floyd imagery is on the news every night, so she might feel her saying she's traumatized too by it is a little extraneous, and she'd be rightly pissed off for anybody inferring she's anything other than traumatized, just because she doesn't comment. She's in a bit of a double bind about it, as people won't not be able to relate what she says to her chronologically previous posts (which are not related to the Floyd tragedy). It also makes me wonder if the chronology of events were reversed, and Floyd was a week before her first post, if we'd have ever seen her first post. If I were her, I'd tweet something like "I'm shocked and agree with Mayor Frey" and just leave it at that.

Let's be honest, if she speaks about Floyd it'll be a double-edged sword.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

If I were her, I'd RT something on Twitter so I could raise awareness and that way I would be talking about it while not talking about it (so the focus wouldn't be on me but on the subject)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

i fell like we'd probably have gotten something by now if her own post hadn't have happened a few days ago.

i mean we kinda got Looking For America last time so yeah

For all we know she could be working on another typewritten note for George and BLM.

DON'T

i76mrxw.png 

the only good post she could do is something along the lines of gaga or bella hadid because if she tries to pull her own words into this it'll easily end up a nightmare for her any everyone involved for multiple reasons (unless she obviously does a very educated post but i also doubt she'd be able to do that for multiple similar reasons)

if she is siding with BLM, which we don't know for sure

she doesn't even get what feminism is or doesn't know how to define it for herself when she use that word in her posts, i honestly doubt she gets what BLM is about except for the obvious "goal" that is even kinda mentioned in the name of the movement.

i don't think her current LA friends help for that matter, they're all kinda not giving me the brightest candles on the cake kinda vibes. which i mean.. fair enough but yeah she probably isn't surrounded by that many people who care about these issues on more than surface level, even the women's march? did her friends go (i honestly don't know but it wouldn't surprise me either way tbh)? we know chuck went and lana posted about it (which was also "controversial" even though it wasn't particularly bad or good for that sake) but chuck is probably much more involved in political activism than all of her cali-based baddies.

additionally whenever she speaks up (about anything really it doesn't need to be that much of a big cause or a political issue ) I've noticed that she uses really weird language "sorry for speaking up" "i'm not claiming to be a politician - sorry for having an opinion" etc. it makes me think about how she has some sort of weirdly warped perception about speaking up maybe she wasn't around people who talk about these things much? idk, it's all guessing but i've noticed it and i did find it odd at that time and she just keeps saying things like that so it's really weird.

i76mrxw.png 

Let's be honest, if she speaks about Floyd it'll be a double-edged sword.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

If I were her, I'd RT something on Twitter so I could raise awareness and that way I would be talking about it while not talking about it (so the focus wouldn't be on me but on the subject)

she would get dragged for just retweeting lol