Cashew

Poppy

my style is by far the WORST. It’s so bad and gimmicky it’s laughable. The rest of the songs snap. Pop Music doesn’t really deserve the slander. I’m pretty sure Moriah actually wanted to do an emotional song for the album and they had to figure out how to connect it for the theme and character. They did an okay job at doing it.

Pop Music sounds like verses of Using You by Mars Argo (Titanics ex)

When it first started I literally though it was Using You lol.

And Jesus this album was disappointing... I know the whole computer voice/character is supposed to tie in with the whole album concept or whatever but a lot of these songs are pure lyrical garbage and sound terrible... bleach blonde baby is great though one of the only good (new) songs on the album but yeah this whole thing is a big step down from the ep imo

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

My thoughts:

This is obviously the album of the year. Pop perfection like this is rare.

I’m Poppy - 8/10 - the beat goes off, the whole robot voice thing is funny, I love how her vocals are edited

Let’s Make A Video - 10/10 - possibly my fav on the whole record, it’s such a BOP, the production is so cute and fun to dance to, I love the melody

Bleach Blonde Baby - 9/10 - the best written song on here, I love the lyrics, the melody is so dreamy, that key change takes me PLACES

My Microphone - 9/10 - the craziest song on the record, that guitar riff is great, production/vocals give me such VIBES, pre-chorus is so unexpected and perfect, and that bridge switch up...I LIVED. “Oh there it is” actually made me lol on first listen

Moshi Moshi - 9/10 - what a cute song, the melody is great, I love the drawn out ending where they keep building layers of vocals and hooks. I love how it’s about being “beyond living like the typical girls” it’s a sweet, powerful sentiment. And that GUITAR SOLO OMG. I love how it works in lots of musical elements found in j-pop without turning into one of those tacky American-wannabe-Japanese songs

Computer Boy - 8/10 - this song is so fucking crazy, all the key changes and shit have me SHOOK. I love how the lyrics are like holding up a mirror to modern-day culture in this twisted, funny, absurd way. Such a great pop song. Love the creepy spoken word bit too lol

My Style - 8/10 - what a BOP! Love how it strays away from intense-electro-pop for a little and is built off that simple drum beat, nice way to switch things up. The synths that come in are rly cute, I love the melody too. It gives me serious “hittin the town with my bitches, gettin our nails did and shit” vibes. I have to say in the grand-scheme of the album it’s the one kinda lull song, but I love it on its own

Fuzzy - 9/10 - THIS ONE IS SUCH A POWER POP ANTHEM! I feel like we haven’t gotten a song like this since Bonnie McKee’s American Girl, pop these days is all about being low key but songs like these are what I miss! What a chorus omg

Interweb - 9/10 - this really is the unexpected, late-album BOP isn’t it. It just makes me wanna DANCE, the production gives me such vibes. Love what the lyrics say about relationships in the age of the Internet too. One of the deeper songs on the album 4 sure

Software Upgrade - 9/10 - this one is so lovable. Melodies are really cute, lyrics are clever, production is so futuristic-disco I love it. The “off and on” hook gets me EVERY TIME. Also I burst out laughing the first time I heard the “are u gay” lyric omg gay icon

Pop Music - 7/10 - def my least fav because I don’t love acoustic ballads, but I think it’s a rly sweet way to end the record. The lyrics sum up PERFECTLY how I feel about pop music, and those harmonies that come in are so other-worldly

So basically I’m as shook as a gay can be. I can’t believe I’m meeting her next month omg

#Justice4EverybodyWantsItAll

that was never a real song, it was fanmade

I think the album is quite okay - some songs are good (Interweb, My Style), some songs are just terrible for my taste (Moshi Moshi, Software Upgrade). Poppy's voice sounds pretty thin in lot of the tracks which is a shame since she had a decent voice in her early songs (pre-Titanic).