What If Lana Had Stopped Making Music After BTD?

"Del Rey said in the accompanying interview that she may not release a second album, stating: "Oh, I don't think I'll write another record. What would I say? I feel like everything I wanted to say, I've already said." - Vogue 2012

Would love to hear y'all thoughts on this old quote looking on it now.. especially from you OGs (y'all know who you are: hooker: )

I'd probably be bored to death, and I wouldn't be enjoying this LFL mess. Let me just make it huge with this post, I'm glad we're in this mess together and I adore you guys  :flutter:  :kiss:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

i would probably not like lana if she never released anything past btd

when i first heard about her all she had out was btd and paradise, and ultraviolence was the album that proved to me shes more than some vapid "roses daddy issues mountain dew hipster tumblr girl"

if her discography stopped there she would basically be a tumblr fad and unremembered by 2013

pNjWdpc.png

the quote itself does not say Ms. Elizabeth Grant would stop writing or making music or living.

One cannot go back in time

but if one could, one would love to ask Thomas Jefferson who wrote "All men are created equal" and yet, his words DID NOT by any means

mean all people, (all women were not part of his statement, neither were any Blacks, or anyone any different from him.

meanwhile

Dr. King gave his I have a Dream speech (which is in a way spur of the moment) and his simple words did fly like a bird and were heard loud and clear

and I consider Dr. King the single greatest American of all time.

Ever realize that Elizabeth Grant has been popular and is on going longer than the Beatles themselves were an active group (1963-1970?)

and that Lana Del Rey has lasted longer than Ziggy Stardust?

If Elizabeth Grant stopped writing or making music after she wrote YAYO she still would have been worthy of both the Songwriters Hall of Fame

and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

btw, Ms. Grant lives in the moment, so in essence the moment of BTD ended the next day the next chapter began.

So existentially only a year or 17 months later, does one know what had happened in those 17 months, going on continously

the next chapter is not written in advance of a most creative stream of conscious type person

Thank Elizabeth Grant that she is still she.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

the quote itself does not say Ms. Elizabeth Grant would stop writing or making music or living.

but if one could, one would love to ask Thomas Jefferson who wrote "All men are created equal" and yet, his words DID NOT by any means

mean all people, (all women were not part of his statement, neither were any Blacks, or anyone any different from him.

meanwhile

Dr. King gave his I have a Dream speech (which is in a way spur of the moment) and his simple words did fly like a bird and were heard loud and clear

Ever realize that Elizabeth Grant has been popular and is on going longer than the Beatles themselves were an active group (1963-1970?)

If Elizabeth Grant stopped writing or making music after she wrote YAYO she still would have been worthy of both the Songwriters Hall of Fame

btw, Ms. Grant lives in the moment, so in essence the moment of BTD ended the next day the next chapter began.

So existentially only a year or 17 months later, does one know what had happened in those 17 months, going on continously

the next chapter is not written in advance of a most creative stream of conscious type person

I'm..

VyIsfwC.jpg

meanwhile

literally what the fuck are you talking about ever