What If Lana Had Stopped Making Music After BTD?

the quote itself does not say Ms. Elizabeth Grant would stop writing or making music or living.

One cannot go back in time

but if one could, one would love to ask Thomas Jefferson who wrote "All men are created equal" and yet, his words DID NOT by any means

mean all people, (all women were not part of his statement, neither were any Blacks, or anyone any different from him.

meanwhile

Dr. King gave his I have a Dream speech (which is in a way spur of the moment) and his simple words did fly like a bird and were heard loud and clear

and I consider Dr. King the single greatest American of all time.

Ever realize that Elizabeth Grant has been popular and is on going longer than the Beatles themselves were an active group (1963-1970?)

and that Lana Del Rey has lasted longer than Ziggy Stardust?

If Elizabeth Grant stopped writing or making music after she wrote YAYO she still would have been worthy of both the Songwriters Hall of Fame

and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

btw, Ms. Grant lives in the moment, so in essence the moment of BTD ended the next day the next chapter began.

So existentially only a year or 17 months later, does one know what had happened in those 17 months, going on continously

the next chapter is not written in advance of a most creative stream of conscious type person

Thank Elizabeth Grant that she is still she 

:whoopi:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

the quote itself does not say Ms. Elizabeth Grant would stop writing or making music or living.

One cannot go back in time

but if one could, one would love to ask Thomas Jefferson who wrote "All men are created equal" and yet, his words DID NOT by any means

mean all people, (all women were not part of his statement, neither were any Blacks, or anyone any different from him.

meanwhile

Dr. King gave his I have a Dream speech (which is in a way spur of the moment) and his simple words did fly like a bird and were heard loud and clear

and I consider Dr. King the single greatest American of all time.

Ever realize that Elizabeth Grant has been popular and is on going longer than the Beatles themselves were an active group (1963-1970?)

and that Lana Del Rey has lasted longer than Ziggy Stardust?

If Elizabeth Grant stopped writing or making music after she wrote YAYO she still would have been worthy of both the Songwriters Hall of Fame

and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

btw, Ms. Grant lives in the moment, so in essence the moment of BTD ended the next day the next chapter began.

So existentially only a year or 17 months later, does one know what had happened in those 17 months, going on continously

the next chapter is not written in advance of a most creative stream of conscious type person

Thank Elizabeth Grant that she is still she.

psycho alert ahem UZIHKj1.gif

@@WestCoast

would you be called west coast if Lana stopped after BTD?

If I explained what I wrote, I would be repeating every word I wrote which I already wrote in the first place

to expand it, would mean going into the time after, which wasn't there when I posted the words I posted, so I couldn't have expanded it

then, as it didn't exist

I considered YAYO to be one of the greatest artistic masterpieces of all time (the first version, which came first at that time)

I consider Coachella to be every bit as great (and some appear to not be giving it a second listen which is ashame, and it appears it

is the most recent available poem/story/song written as far as anyone knows, so that is the most recent look

It takes the talent of the same who wrote YAYO to have written Coachella.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I actually would still stan Imagine Dragons. 

The day I first listened to Lana, something just connected. Like I needed something but I didn't knew what or who. I filled an empty space that I didn't knew it was there, I learned how to feel the music and not just listen to it.

If Lana would have stopped making music, my life wouldn't be as if it is now.

(this hoe better not stop making music or i'll cut a bitch)

???, ?????????

I actually would still stan Imagine Dragons. 

The day I first listened to Lana, something just connected. Like I needed something but I didn't knew what or who. I filled an empty space that I didn't knew it was there, I learned how to feel the music and not just listen to it.

If Lana would have stopped making music, my life wouldn't be as if it is now.

(this hoe better not stop making music or i'll cut a bitch)

Basically me. Plus I wouldn't appericate the meanings behind lyrics in songs.

Cinnamon in my teeth

I became a fan of Lana around the time of Tropico, but it was because of Born To Die, so it's hard to know if I would have had the chance to hear the record if she'd disappeared before doing Paradise/Tropico. If all I ever heard of her was BTD, I'd consider her a genius, and become obsessed with every detail of her life leading up to, and following on from the record, like I did with other artists like Syd Barrett or Patty Waters. 

As for her legacy, I expect that AKA would have been released and become well known, and possibly several records covering unreleased from 2006-2010 would have come out (ala Jeff Buckley's posthumous releases). 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

then i would not have a stan twitter account and i would have a boring life.

also, this place would not exist

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

Lana would have became a mythical legend. Born To Die is so inspirational if she stopped making music we would all be talking about how great BTD is like we do now. Nothing would change

Exactly! We'd be going on and on about BTD and tons of unreleased

I mean I would! I know some people may have ended up being bored but me hell no

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

It would have happened if she read more critical articles or looked at more online forums. She wouldn't have been able to take it. 

She would have been remembered as the girl who was too extreme with lyrics and quit afterwards due to being so sensitive, like a 'one-hit-wonder' and everyone would have assumed it was due to the Summertime Sadness Remix (her fans would hate/blame Cedric Gervais). 

She would probably still have quite a lot of instagram/twitter followers, and I bet she'd be posting about music, just not her own... Stans would still reach pretty far for leaked songs, but also not as much due to the newer fans (that joined during PD and UV) not being in on the game. I think there'd be more of a 'Lizzy Grant' culture due to everyone having to reach back instead of wait for new music. 

As for me personally. I probably would have gotten over BTD due to overplaying it so much (we wouldnt even have UV, let alone Paradise) and I would still be upset that she never made more music, while at the same time thinking less of her because Paradise and UV CHANGED my perspectives on her talent.

I would be heartbroken, Born to Die is one of my favorite records and her other records really redefined my music taste. I don't know what I would listen to on sad days if Ultraviolence didn't exist.  And I would miss her too, the pop industry is always the same, basic, plastic and fake. And Lana has her own unique aesthetic, that's really a nice thing.