Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Omg the back cover and tracklist leaked :defeated:. I was nOT ready for this!!!!!!

opcls0.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

venice bitch is honestly and probably the best released song in her career but some of y'all aren't ready to have that conversation yet

venice bitch is honestly and probably the best released song in her career but some of y'all aren't ready to have that conversation yet

Maybe even one of the best songs of all time

January 9th - new single and probably announcements on radio interview

January 15th - beginning of Gucci campaign which will for sure bring some magazine interviews and photo shoots hopefully including some album news!!

Lana be in the commercial wearing nightgown while SP plays a concept

I've been tearing around in my fucking nightgown 24/7 Sylvia Plath

tumblr_inline_nudo4sjQrL1roeqj4_500.gif

I think she says "I've been dying", or something like that, but it's certainly not tearing

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I hope the song is like 789 minutes long with guitars like venice bitch.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

When Lana doesn’t release NFR so you have to make the record yourself-

Seriously though this is beautiful

if this was really NFR edition and would have been called In the middle of the pourin' rain-Cause I adored you

(I just wanted things to be the same You said to meet me up there tomorrow But tomorrow never came)

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

it would be heaven if nfr had a bunch of songs that ran for more than 7 minutes like VB  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

norman fcking rockwell sounds like it could be that

sylvia too if there's a guitar breakdown

yosemite is easily a 5min track in my mind

I think the records gonna be like an hour and 12 to 21 minutes. Just a guess. But anyway. I hope the vinyl's pink iw3upnwp9je3glbkej.gif

I'm still trying to figure out if Venice Bitch'll be center or at the end of the album. It doesn't seem like a finale, but if she halfway it with a 10 minute track like that, there's bound to be something similar at the end, no?

Imagine having a brain that would actually think this.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm still trying to figure out if Venice Bitch'll be center or at the end of the album. It doesn't seem like a finale, but if she halfway it with a 10 minute track like that, there's bound to be something similar at the end, no?

Plot twist, it'll actually just b a bonus track.. ok but hm no I don't think so either. Originally guessing it could be like track 4 or something, but it's pretty obvious that it'll be difficult to follow after its length. So it could be a bridge of a song, transitioning one album sub theme to another. Its nostalgic, and would seem geared more towards the end of the record bc of its penchant for nostalgia, so its either she wants us to really linger about it, or get it through at the beginning for us to get over it. Knowing its a song more about the past, I'd choose the former for more of a dramatic effect.. so maybe track 8 or two tracks away from the last track? Idk..

Mariners seems to be more of an opener, Cinnamon sounds like track 6 like Groupie Love. Sylvia? Idk yet, maybe somewhere in the middle. HtD seems geared more towards the end, if not the last track, maybe the track before it..

I'm hoping the In Your Car song makes the cut, it sounds like a mid track. HiaB seems like track 5 at this point.

But what do we really know lol

UV/Honeymoon

Plot twist, it'll actually just b a bonus track.. ok but hm no I don't think so either. Originally guessing it could be like track 4 or something, but it's pretty obvious that it'll be difficult to follow after its length. So it could be a bridge of a song, transitioning one album sub theme to another. Its nostalgic, and would seem geared more towards the end of the record bc of its penchant for nostalgia, so its either she wants us to really linger about it, or get it through at the beginning for us to get over it. Knowing its a song more about the past, I'd choose the former for more of a dramatic effect.. so maybe track 8 or two tracks away from the last track? Idk..

Mariners seems to be more of an opener, Cinnamon sounds like track 6 like Groupie Love. Sylvia? Idk yet, maybe somewhere in the middle. HtD seems geared more towards the end, if not the last track, maybe the track before it..

I'm hoping the In Your Car song makes the cut, it sounds like a mid track. HiaB seems like track 5 at this point.

But what do we really know lol

Right? It's fun to speculate, though!

I agree that Mariners Apartment Complex would make for a killer opener, and I didn't think about it, but How to Disappear would be a very emotional way to finish the album. Never gave that thought before, but that's if it were a stripped back ballad. Jack's production in that behind the scenes vid let us hear some of its production and that made it sound less like a note to end on, especially with the more "euphoric"(?) possibilities that include Venice Bitch. 

What would shock the hell out of me is if she'd open with Venice Bitch. I mean, she opened UV with Cruel World, which was about 7 mins long, so I wouldn't put it past her tacking the longest at the start. It would be a ballsy move. 

I'm most curious how the surfer rock vibes of MAC and VB are going to tie in with other tracks and click with the more "hip-hop" flavored (for lack of a better term) vibes of Cinnamon and How to Disappear. They still have surf rock undertones, so I don't expect them to clash, but it may give us a clue as to how the tracklist is going to be laid out. 

It's definitely her most critically lauded single since Video Games, that's for sure. 

I never made my own tracklist, but here's what I think:

1-MAC

2-In Your Car

3-

4-NFR

5-

6-HIAB

7-Cinnamon

8-Sylvia Plath

9-

10-VB

11-HTD

Edit: I expect the rest of the songs to be sad. At the moment, only SP is really sad, and she said the album would be some sad girl shit.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~