Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

At this point I'm just resigned to the idea we're not getting this album until 2020. I would be (happily) surprised if we get an actual video for Doin Time, though I think the 30 second instagram snippet might actually be it.

She has a couple of shows in June and July and can take the rest of the summer off from there. If she wants to be smart, releasing her poetry book in the fall or around the holidays would be a good idea, get more sales.

Then, maybe in the start of winter 2020, starts up the promo for NFR (promo meaning like one promo single, maybe a video if we're really lucky, a phone interview with a magazine or radio show, and an Instagram post) and then releases the album. 

idk, i just get a feeling she wants to kind of take a year off from mostly everything. i don't think she's gone to a studio since NFR or doin time if that was the last thing she made, and she probably wants it that way. If she releases 2020 and maybe does a small tour/festival circuit in spring and summer, that gives her some time to figure out what she wants to do next, if anything. 

imagine being one of the most interesting artists in the alt pop scene and then stopping caring about everything and destroying your whole image, persona and career.........lana can relate 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I'm sorry but no it's not her job to make music videos, and it has never been. Her job is to make music. She's a singer songwriter, not a filmmaker. She has done some sublime visuals in the past but she doesn't owe us anything. If she doesn't want to do it anymore, it's her right.

And how can you already be complaning about a tour? The album isn't even out yet! Lana announced the LAFTMT 3 months after the release of LFL, why do you want her to announce the tour for NFR before the album is even out

I mean. She's an entertainer as well as a musician. Most musical artists these days are- there's a personality and visuals to go along with the music. There's a reason why a lot of artists- including Lana- have projected visuals during concerts. It's not her job to be a filmmaker, no, but it's annoying to go from someone who loved making homemade videos a la kill kill, VG, then BTD and NA when she got the budget, tropico masterpiece, etc, to someone that wastes my time replaying that iPhone footage of her with a butterfly. It could have been a cute video for one of them (if there had been more footage and it hadn't been replayed lol) but at this point it feels like she really can't be bothered with her career and is just doing what her contract requires and not caring about the actual art itself. And it's a very recent thing- LfL music videos felt a bit lackluster at the time (as did the whole album tbh) but looking back on the love and white mustang vids compared to VB and MAC... yikes. People have every right to be annoyed imo. She was so passionate about the visuals that came along with her videos for so long, but it's looking like we'll be watching her look at a butterfly for the foreseeable future.

Makes me wonder what the old Lana would think of the new one. Coke and ice NYC underground scene meets cha cha matcha yoga-going insta baddie wannabe who's throwing her career away. 

locals only

But... It's actually not that stupid of an idea? :w8ing:

If she actually listened to us she might've come up with a funny professional video with nice cinematography of her sipping tea for 5 minutes straight with her whispering "it's coming soon" mysteriously in the background. Poking fun at herself acknowledging all of our concerns at once. Everyone would love her self-reflection while completely not giving a fuck.

She COULD make an era out of pure sloppiness and turn it into a profit but she won't. And I shit you not we'd all be here for it if we wanted to or not.

i can see benito doing it, but lazy del rey? nah :eek:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

OT but reading this thread really makes me want a matcha latte. Do they taste good enough to become basic for? Or should I stick to something that wouldn't look like it should be in the back of a mom-car tesla with no kids in the backseat?

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
Please stay on topic - NFR-Related content only in the NFR Pre-Release Thread. Please post in other threads for content not pertaining to NFR.

locals only

OT but reading this thread really makes me want a matcha latte. Do they taste good enough to become basic for? Or should I stick to something that wouldn't look like it should be in the back of a mom-car tesla with no kids in the backseat?

It's a really strong taste. Try balancing it out with a vanilla or sweetener of some sort.

Edited by admin
Please stay on topic - NFR-Related content only in the NFR Pre-Release Thread. Please post in other threads for content not pertaining to NFR.

8V7Yvel.png

tbh seeing comments about her image/“new persona” are really bothersome. i don’t know how her natural, bare face is less genuine than when she’s wearing eyeliner/lip liner/lash extensions/ etc.. she’s dressed causally her whole life. i mean she used to perform in jeans and that god awful green capitol records shirt for gods sake like,, idk. women will never be free huh. first you all diagnosed her with depression when she stopped wearing makeup and started tying her hair back or had some frizz. now because she does yoga and drinks matcha she’s basic with no personality? even tho these things really have nothing to do with her personality?? and besides, yoga and matcha are healthy, wholesome things. do you want her to go back to being an alcoholic?? my personal taste is very glamorous but i don’t dress like that day to day, it’s exhausting. i’m sure even moreso when you’re a celebrity and every time you leave your house you’re expected to perform for the public even if it’s just getting groceries. just let her exist naturally she doesn’t need lash extensions and fresh acrylics and an outfit that shows off her bare legs every time we see her . it’s like you guys forget ldr is a persona and a character she performs on stage for us, she’s not Lana Del Rey born to die cola honeymoon west coast million dollar man when she’s getting ice cream and window shopping with her friends. she’s lizzy grant (aka HERSELF). she doesn't have to be lana del rey when she doesn't want to. i think what we're seeing now is just lizzy grant, the most genuine version of herself because…. it’s her???

maybe some of u would like a refresher 

UbsOye5.png

ngl the unsweetened matcha latte from starbucks slaps

Edited by admin

image.png

At this point I'm just resigned to the idea we're not getting this album until 2020. I would be (happily) surprised if we get an actual video for Doin Time, though I think the 30 second instagram snippet might actually be it.

She has a couple of shows in June and July and can take the rest of the summer off from there. If she wants to be smart, releasing her poetry book in the fall or around the holidays would be a good idea, get more sales.

Then, maybe in the start of winter 2020, starts up the promo for NFR (promo meaning like one promo single, maybe a video if we're really lucky, a phone interview with a magazine or radio show, and an Instagram post) and then releases the album. 

idk, i just get a feeling she wants to kind of take a year off from mostly everything. i don't think she's gone to a studio since NFR or doin time if that was the last thing she made, and she probably wants it that way. If she releases 2020 and maybe does a small tour/festival circuit in spring and summer, that gives her some time to figure out what she wants to do next, if anything. 

If we don't get the album this year summer-fall,

then i don't think we will get the album at all. at least not in the state that it is or was til today!

lana doesnt like to release stuff that is not compatible with her current state.

so if we get a new album next year it will NOT be NFR!

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

I mean. She's an entertainer as well as a musician. Most musical artists these days are- there's a personality and visuals to go along with the music. There's a reason why a lot of artists- including Lana- have projected visuals during concerts. It's not her job to be a filmmaker, no, but it's annoying to go from someone who loved making homemade videos a la kill kill, VG, then BTD and NA when she got the budget, tropico masterpiece, etc, to someone that wastes my time replaying that iPhone footage of her with a butterfly. It could have been a cute video for one of them (if there had been more footage and it hadn't been replayed lol) but at this point it feels like she really can't be bothered with her career and is just doing what her contract requires and not caring about the actual art itself. And it's a very recent thing- LfL music videos felt a bit lackluster at the time (as did the whole album tbh) but looking back on the love and white mustang vids compared to VB and MAC... yikes. People have every right to be annoyed imo. She was so passionate about the visuals that came along with her videos for so long, but it's looking like we'll be watching her look at a butterfly for the foreseeable future.

Makes me wonder what the old Lana would think of the new one. Coke and ice NYC underground scene meets cha cha matcha yoga-going insta baddie wannabe who's throwing her career away. 

Was that the plan all along? I really do wonder. Did she spend the last 7 years patiently waiting for the moment she wouldn't have to brush her hair again, make another music video or sing a song that isn't Video Games? I wonder what happened to the girl who'd go and get her nails done all fancy even when she was broke. I wonder if anything about her was ever real, even back in 2007. She has been fucking with them "industry players" for a long time, probably as early as 2003. Maybe the plan was for her to blow up much earlier than she did, and that's why she started trying to be Marilyn all those years ago. God, it would really be hilarious if she's been this basic ass saddie deep down all along, and we all fell for an aesthetic that was practically forced on her

tbh seeing comments about her image/“new persona” are really bothersome. i don’t know how her natural, bare face is less genuine than when she’s wearing eyeliner/lip liner/lash extensions/ etc.. she’s dressed causally her whole life. i mean she used to perform in jeans and that god awful green capitol records shirt for gods sake like,, idk. women will never be free huh. first you all diagnosed her with depression when she stopped wearing makeup and started tying her hair back or had some frizz. now because she does yoga and drinks matcha she’s basic with no personality? even tho these things really have nothing to do with her personality?? and besides, yoga and matcha are healthy, wholesome things. do you want her to go back to being an alcoholic?? my personal taste is very glamorous but i don’t dress like that day to day, it’s exhausting. i’m sure even moreso when you’re a celebrity and every time you leave your house you’re expected to perform for the public even if it’s just getting groceries. just let her exist naturally she doesn’t need lash extensions and fresh acrylics and an outfit that shows off her bare legs every time we see her . it’s like you guys forget ldr is a persona and a character she performs on stage for us, she’s not Lana Del Rey born to die cola honeymoon west coast million dollar man when she’s getting ice cream and window shopping with her friends. she’s lizzy grant (aka HERSELF). she doesn't have to be lana del rey when she doesn't want to. i think what we're seeing now is just lizzy grant, the most genuine version of herself because…. it’s her???

No, I can f with her new stuff. MAC for example. Even HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI. No one wants her to go back to being a drug abuser or alcoholic, and when I saw her live she was dressed pretty simply, which made her voice even more powerful for me and the other people I went with. Tbh I wouldn't be nearly as pressed if her change didn't come with a big dose of resentment for her fans, like that live performance when she pretended she couldn't hear the people shouting cinnamon, or like having nothing on an album that's been teased for about a year except a tweet saying 'who knows when it'll be done' on a dead account.  

locals only

It's disgusting. Still mad that I wasted money on this stupid shit that tastes like clay

Edited by admin

I tried matcha and it was fucking gross

Edited by admin

also lizzy grant

post-1-0-06892300-1351618468.jpg

tumblr_o8xe2xwTdd1v43r30o1_500.gif

large.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue1SBYZMP54

even her casual looks were stylised in some way and it's not that time consuming tbh it takes me an hour to get ready which isnt that bad-but it's honestly her personal preference and I do wonder how much of her was concocted by individuals around her who inspired her rather than herself. I mean she even said herself she listened to "lame techno" before her teacher introduced her to other genres and has picked up styles off her boyfriends etc.

tbh seeing comments about her image/“new persona” are really bothersome. i don’t know how her natural, bare face is less genuine than when she’s wearing eyeliner/lip liner/lash extensions/ etc.. she’s dressed causally her whole life. i mean she used to perform in jeans and that god awful green capitol records shirt for gods sake like,, idk. women will never be free huh. first you all diagnosed her with depression when she stopped wearing makeup and started tying her hair back or had some frizz. now because she does yoga and drinks matcha she’s basic with no personality? even tho these things really have nothing to do with her personality?? and besides, yoga and matcha are healthy, wholesome things. do you want her to go back to being an alcoholic?? my personal taste is very glamorous but i don’t dress like that day to day, it’s exhausting. i’m sure even moreso when you’re a celebrity and every time you leave your house you’re expected to perform for the public even if it’s just getting groceries. just let her exist naturally she doesn’t need lash extensions and fresh acrylics and an outfit that shows off her bare legs every time we see her . it’s like you guys forget ldr is a persona and a character she performs on stage for us, she’s not Lana Del Rey born to die cola honeymoon west coast million dollar man when she’s getting ice cream and window shopping with her friends. she’s lizzy grant (aka HERSELF). she doesn't have to be lana del rey when she doesn't want to. i think what we're seeing now is just lizzy grant, the most genuine version of herself because…. it’s her???

I am saying she has radically altered her public persona, and almost eliminated it. That is her choice, I am only observing and remarking on it. If for 18 to 24 months you successfully and consciously present yourself to the world as a glamour doll, then slowly withdraw from that stance to the degree that 3-4 years later you’re willfully posting ugly selfies of yourself taken from distorted angles, people are going to notice and wonder what’s going on in your psyche.

Does it ‘mean anything’? I think it does, since I am a believer in depth psychology. What it means, I am only making an educated guess about, but you are of course free to think and believe that it means nothing or something entirely different.

love this and agree. i don't think she should be policed on how she chooses to look, no matter what that look is and why. i think it's problematic to assume something 'negative' is afoot because she doesn't look how we want her to. people are free to change and changes in how you present yourself can be a natural progression. i hoped the bare face was indication she was more comfortable with herself, but ultimately the most revealing thing overall is how she behaves towards her fans and her work. we're all fighting a similar damn battle to be 'beautiful'

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live