Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i don't know where you're from but it's 10000% about "safety reasons". America has had deadly mass shootings at movie theaters and at other recreational venues like festivals and clubs. She would go out and listen to the blues which is fun, recreational activity for her. Scared she'll get shot up.

I’m scared to go to work and I will not go to the movies anymore

So seriously I never got an answer, should we include the Instagram version as a NFR demo?? Since it’s different from the released version? Should I put it in my unreleased album? Help ):

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

So seriously I never got an answer, should we include the Instagram version as a NFR demo?? Since it’s different from the released version? Should I put it in my unreleased album? Help ):

Not sure about a demo but I’d say it qualifies as an unreleased/alternate version

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Lol why would you need input on that? If you consider it a demo then put it there.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

http://www.justjared.com/2019/08/08/lana-del-rey-heads-out-after-attending-a-wednesday-night-church-service/

im sooooooooo excited to listen to jesus fucking hillsong! and contribute to the fame and fortune of my fave homophobic gay icon

oh yeah but like "this was churchome" which is in no way institutionally similar to hillsong and is absolutely devoid of any institutional prejudices, supremacies or absurd capital hoarding which creates any risk of right wing political influence  :oopna:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

oh yeah but like "this was churchome" which is in no way institutionally similar to hillsong and is absolutely devoid of any institutional prejudices, supremacies or absurd capital hoarding which creates any risk of right wing political influence  :oopna:

I hope they hear Disco

i am my only god, god, goddamn

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

not many know this, but hillsong is the only Bad Church. no other churches are bad

it's just the way i feel

there is a weird irony about the lyrics in looking for america given she's attending a christian megachurch with a fuckload of money being pumped into it which operates a bit like a multimillion dollar cult which is pretty much exactly what gave rise to the KKK's second wave and christian fundamentalists during the 20s. idk drag me 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

there is a weird irony about the lyrics in looking for america given she's attending a christian megachurch with a fuckload of money being pumped into it which operates a bit like a multimillion dollar cult which is pretty much exactly what gave rise to the KKK's second wave and christian fundamentalists during the 20s. idk drag me

fuck it, i love you :kiss:

Lol why would you need input on that? If you consider it a demo then put it there.

Bc I’m just not sure exactly where anyone else is putting it... it’s just such a random track that it could belong in multiple places but none of those places really “fit”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Has anyone ever considered that perhaps she attends AA meetings or NA meetings at the church? That yellow tab on her key chain in the recent pic is deff an NA/AA coin. It usually says a time like “10 years” or 1day” or “6 years” etc

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

I think she feels lost and hopeless and she needed to put those feelings into a song because that's how she expresses herself. and Looking for America shows that. it shows her feeling helpless and i think that's genuinely how she is feeling. but it's obvious she has only a surface level of understanding about racism, homophobia, misogyny, classism or any oppression or hate. her decades worth of music and being in the public eye speaks for itself. i remember that one time some guy on here tried telling us how she isn't submissive and his only evidence was Live or Die lyrics. you could write a book on her ignorance

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Everyone must have already said this but Looking for America has the reflection and nuance that Coachella can only dream of. Maybe it's because the arrangement is so acoustic and chill, but it makes Coachella even more mawkish and clumsy.

3lfQEhw.png