Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Since you started sis, I need to say it: Kylie Minogue doesn't have a a career in America, she's considered nothing here, and Britney outsold her.

Kylie is very local but she was good, always seemed to be a bit of a Madonna rebranding to me, her latest album was bad. 

Okay but who here is ready to admit that Cherry is overrated + mediocre

I have to laugh when people say it’s one of her top songs

I mean I see why this song is so hyped, but when people list it in her tops says a lot

Since you started sis, I need to say it: Kylie Minogue doesn't have a a career in America, she's considered nothing here, and Britney outsold her.

22tE5tP.gif

don't disrespect kylie like that she doesn't deserve it but golden was shit

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Is she ever gonna reveal what the bg vocals are during Cherry's bridge 

I'm sick of the "looking at me like a magazine" shit people keep claiming she says

She needs to know what she's saying before revealing it and I'm sure she doesn't even remember

She needs to know what she's saying before revealing it and I'm sure she doesn't even remember

:rip:

Typical of Lana to remember Pawn Shop Blue's lyrics in order to sing it for those random fans but not Cherry's bridge 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Is she ever gonna reveal what the bg vocals are during Cherry's bridge 

I'm sick of the "looking at me like a magazine" shit people keep claiming she says

at this point we’re not even sure about her revealing NFR

OMG, really???

tenor.gif

America's got no taste, what's new? Quite impressive for an absolute nobody who never had a #1 single or album in the US to sell over 80 million records WW and win a Grammy, though.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

:rip:

Typical of Lana to remember Pawn Shop Blue's lyrics in order to sing it for those random fans but not Cherry's bridge 

She sang Get Free like 15 times in 4 months during the LA To The Moon tour and she would need for the audience to remind her the lyrics everytime but then someone asks her to sing Carmen after not singing it for like 2 years and she remembers every single word

She sang Get Free like 15 times in 4 months during the LA To The Moon tour and she would need for the audience to remind her the lyrics everytime but then someone asks her to sing Carmen after not singing it for like 2 years and she remembers every single word

Ffs what does she even do during soundchecks  :rip:

Her setlists need a serious reboot. Hopefully the next time she tours she switches it up drastically

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

What psychedelia lacks in lyricism can be more than made up for when the composition is excellent (which Venice lacks)

Venice is nothing more than Lana whispering over a simple guitar with goofy lyrics to boot. Seems very reminiscent of May Jailer to me

I enjoy psychedelic jazz like Sextant the most and psychedelic funk like Maggot Brain. Stomu Yamashta is also good. What's that gotta do with anything tho

what composition? most drone-y psych is improvisational, unstructured and sometimes even atonal. like Maggot Brain (song) is the former 2, even though it's still apples and oranges bc it's primarily funk. or, going back to PF, songs like Interstellar Overdrive or Astronomy Domine. that's the kind of psych Lana is taking from for VB.

And no I don't like Echoes

Saucerful of Secrets is their best in terms of psychedelia

& White Rabbit is shit

well there you go. though it's surprising to me that you like Saucerful - and, i'm assuming, Set the controls for the heart of the sun - and still don't find anything interesting or compelling about the instrumentals of VB.