Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

off-topic in some way, but probably Love would've sounded better if it had strings & cinematic production like its demo had (from what we've heard)

I don't know I kinda get an 80s vibe from the version we got which I love

I find the strings sounded very Asian, almost like they were made for like a Mulan movie or something. I don't think it would have worked. Also not a big fan of the rhodes stems either :awkney2: could just be me

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

i would love that

I kinda want the drum stem that bled through the beginning of the song to be removed somehow or made less prominent, cause it sounds like there's a missing stem. I know Jack probably recorded guitar to the drum stems so he'd get the rhythm, or Lana sang vocals to an earlier mix and the early mix is bleeding through because her headphone volume was too high, but idk I'd just like it if the little audio hiccups got fixed

She should've kept the strings for the final chorus to really give it that grand finish :diva:

https://soundcloud.com/summerbummber/dont-worry-baby

I wouldn't mind if they redid the strings to make it match the song more, just because the progression makes it sound like a song for the live action Mulan movie

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

The only problem I have with MAC is the way on how the vocals sound, they sound very raw (especially in the chorus)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Has anyone heard the rumor that MAC is Yosemite reworked?

I think we all discussed it when MAC was released thanks to “I ain’t no candle in the wind”.

Btw, Loce demo? I don’t remember it, have I missed something? :0

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Has anyone heard the rumor that MAC is Yosemite reworked?

That doesn't make any sense. Lana said that the inspiration for MAC came from that date where the guy said something I dont really remember what but she said it was the saddest shit she had ever heard, whereas Yosemite is (according to her) her happiest song.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I don't know I kinda get an 80s vibe from the version we got which I love

I find the strings sounded very Asian, almost like they were made for like a Mulan movie or something. I don't think it would have worked. Also not a big fan of the rhodes stems either :awkney2: could just be me

That's precisely what I love about it :hair:

Would've been a different/unique route to go down while retaining her characteristic sound

Honestly I'd be here for the asian-esque sound as well. Ionna did the same thing with the deadlock and it was amaaaaaaaaazing. But I love Love just as it is so theres that.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Don't forget to stream my shitty, less than a minute cover of Venice Bitch cause I got lazy :awkney2:

https://m.soundcloud.com/vonndavis/venice-bitch-short-cover

Never Letting Go :hair:   whew your layered vocals are stunning

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It would be interesting to see Lana pull a Grimes and do something russian or anime related

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e