Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

hey guys

i'm not active here but i was hoping to get some info on NFR. It's only a few weeks to it's release so where's the tracklist? The album cover? When are we going to be able to pre-order? What do we know so far?

LOL you really did miss A LOT. NFR has no release date yet, she will shoot the second cover this month with Steven Klein (magazine cover or NFR cover like she said she would in January?). No new snippet, no new anything NFR related. She teased her poetry book recently. 

NFR will probably be released mid-year like the official press release of Hope stated. 

help a girl out

What we know so far is that the album isn't even finished because "good music takes a while to make" according to Lana's manager. We are not even close to getting the album, we do not have a track list, and they most likely don't have a cover yet.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

No, some magazines mentioned that date but afaik it was never confirmed by her or her management. So probably no new Lana album in march. :(

What we know so far is that the album isn't even finished because "good music takes a while to make" according to Lana's manager. We are not even close to getting the album, we do not have a track list, and they most likely don't have a cover yet.

LOL you really did miss A LOT. NFR has no release date yet, she will shoot the second cover this month with Steven Klein (magazine cover or NFR cover like she said she would in January?). No new snippet, no new anything NFR related. She teased her poetry book recently. 

NFR will probably be released mid-year like the official press release of Hope stated. 

my mind was so set on having the album at the end of this month omfg. Didn't she like release MAC in september..

my mind was so set on having the album at the end of this month omfg. Didn't she like release MAC in september..

yeah and she'll probably release the album on the 1 year anniversary lol

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Yep. She teased too soon. She probably thought she would be done by the end of the year, but shit happens. 

My personal theory is that she submitted NFR to Interscope in January and they must have thought it was too «Low key» to their taste, especially with Jack Antonoff attached to the project. She was spotted in Jack's story, probably recording something, in February  I think? With the new photo shoot for a probable album cover this month, I wouldn't be surprised if Interscope demanded at least one «single-friendly» song (she talked a little about NFr in a January interview and said it was 13-song long, with no bangers on it, a «day-to-day» and Old L.A. feel to it). 

When will her label realise she is an independent woman capable of creating her own artistic vision, and that she writes music SHE wants to write?

If Interscope is demanding a "single-friendly" song, then why can't they just let her be or just drop her? Her single-friendly songs are often her worst (Lust for Life and Coachella I'm looking at you)

Yep. She teased too soon. She probably thought she would be done by the end of the year, but shit happens. 

My personal theory is that she submitted NFR to Interscope in January and they must have thought it was too «Low key» to their taste, especially with Jack Antonoff attached to the project. She was spotted in Jack's story, probably recording something, in February  I think? With the new photo shoot for a probable album cover this month, I wouldn't be surprised if Interscope demanded at least one «single-friendly» song (she talked a little about NFr in a January interview and said it was 13-song long, with no bangers on it, a «day-to-day» and Old L.A. feel to it). 

no bangers old LA feel sounds like everything i want from this record lol. Okay but thx for keeping me updated!

I wouldn't be surprised if Lana is pregnant

Knowing her it wasn't even from sex. After yoga class she bought a kale wheatgrass smoothie and stopped by the sperm bank for a jar full to plant in her... Earth? :thumb3: well at least I'd hope that was the case cause her new boyfriend seems like a game hungry cunt

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Knowing her it wasn't even from sex. After yoga class she bought a kale wheatgrass smoothie and stopped by the sperm bank for a jar full to plant in her... Earth? :thumb3: well at least I'd hope that was the case cause her new boyfriend seems like a game hungry cunt

I could def imagine Lana going to a sperm bank. I'm not saying she's old...but she's in her 30's now so it wouldn't be far fetched if she doesn't want to wait around for 'the one' to have a child with. I think Lana is pretty maternal and she wants kids some day so who knows? Although realistically she was probably just bloated at the event last night, which is why she probably hid her stomach.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

When will her label realise she is an independent woman capable of creating her own artistic vision, and that she writes music SHE wants to write?

If Interscope is demanding a "single-friendly" song, then why can't they just let her be or just drop her? Her single-friendly songs are often her worst (Lust for Life and Coachella I'm looking at you)

I really love "High by The Beach" which was a late addition to the Honeymoon album because Interscope demanded something more "upbeat" – so it CAN work out.

Coachella never was released as a single?!? It was exactly like Hope Is a dangerous Thing: a «fan track»

Coachella never was released as a single?!? It was exactly like Hope Is a dangerous Thing: a «fan track»

OOOPS sorry - I know - I just guess it's "single friendly", take WM as an example then? 

If Lana turns out to be pregnant i’d cry tears of joy for her! But who knows, people assume or have opinions on people gaining weight so easily so i don’t believe it really. The logical reasoning for the album delay is the poetry book cause it has been said that she wants to release it before the album.

giphy.gif