Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

If it’s a sublime cover is she gonna change the first part to “Lana’s on the microphone with ..’whoever’” and change Louie to whatever chucks dog’s name is since she doesn’t have her own dog?? Lol I just don’t see this cover happening but I think it could be dope if she did it.

Also not sure she’s well qualified to represent the LBC

she's well qualified to represent the NYC though  :flutter:  but tbh if she's covering I think it would be better to keep the original lyrics, changing them would be so cheesey 

sgopYhV.gif

I have a feeling Lana will pull a Bobbie Gentry within the next year and disappear from public all together. Think about it. She is living a more domestic life now with her "friends"...although I feel like they are paid actors by her to show her fans that she is not alone and happy. They all seem incredibly fake. She rarely makes appearances anymore (didn't show up tot he Met Gala, Grammys, very few live performances, etc). With her poetry book coming out and eventually the album (at some point sigh) she will retire from public life.I believe she is afraid to release the album and keeps delaying it because in her heart she knows she will disappear afterwards. We all know her love hate relationship with fame, which is why she isn't able to make a decision about the album release date. 

Agree 100%, except I don't think the friends are for showing fans she's happy and not alone. Rather, (and this sounds awful, I know) I think she's trying to convince herself that she's happy and not alone. 

I read a few pages back that she even dumped Anna as her hair stylist ... like wtf? I was only saying about Stella and Jaime the other day. It's like she purged everyone and got these bitches. 

Anyway, meh, just gimme this damn song. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

She recently started following CNN Politics on IG. Every time she writes a song or even talks about politics, it's a fucking disaster. Stay away, sis. 

I was reading this website when I got to thinking that I thought... maybe I’d get less stressed if Lana released the damn album please mom do something

Smiling on insta with matcha and vapes and her new thots

Her new thots...

They seem like such thots

Those white thots

She loves those white thots

IVE BEEN TEARING AROUND ON MY PHONE

5 TABS OPEN JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FUCKIN NEWS

WRITING IN CAPS ON THIS THREAD TO RELEASE ALL THE PAIN THAT THIS WOMAN HAS CAUSED

DONT ASK IF IM HAPPY

NONE OF US ARE

BUT AT LEAST CHERRY BLOSSOM GOT LEAKED

She recently started following CNN Politics on IG. Every time she writes a song or even talks about politics, it's a fucking disaster. Stay away, sis. 

oh god no...what if she is recording new woke songs. the last thing this we need is another coachella - woodstock in my ass 

Alright alright, so May 20th? I mean, idk, hope we're pleasantly surprised. I actually kinda dig the Sublime track, reminds me a little bit of like Sugar Ray meets Bob Marley, and if Lana did do a cover on it, and fine tuned it to her style, the verses reminded me of how she sings her own verses in Sad Girl, and MTWBT, and how she sings in a kind of weighted sway 

It'd fit the beach vibes for sure, and compliment the abstractness of VB, but from what we've gotten so far, it's still far from being cohesive w everything else imo 

UV/Honeymoon

Alright alright, so May 20th? I mean, idk, hope we're pleasantly surprised. I actually kinda dig the Sublime track, reminds me a little bit of like Sugar Ray meets Bob Marley, and if Lana did do a cover on it, and fine tuned it to her style, the verses reminded me of how she sings her own verses in Sad Girl, and MTWBT, and how she sings in a kind of sway 

It'd fit the beach vibes for sure, and compliment the abstractness of VB, but from what we've gotten so far, it's still far from being cohesive w everything else imo 

She'll make it work, I'm sure! The fact that most of the snippets and songs we've heard are mostly piano-driven only adds to the cohesiveness, imo. Like, it doesn't always have to be the lyrics. Though I think there are overlapping themes and elements in the lyrics already anyway. Just have a little faith!  :flutter:

She'll make it work, I'm sure! The fact that most of the snippets and songs we've heard are mostly piano-driven only adds to the cohesiveness, imo. Like, it doesn't always have to be the lyrics. Though I think there are overlapping themes and elements in the lyrics already anyway. Just have a little faith!  :flutter:

Oh no honestly definitely, would be open to it, 'cept for the fact that it also kinda reminds me of biggie biggie biggie can't u see sometimes ur words just hypnotize me. Maybe Lana can pull of some kinda San Pedro modern day version sound of Gwen's Luxurious n video sorry sleep deprived if that even makes sense gahaaa

short answer, it'll need some tweaking, but it's got potential

UV/Honeymoon

I honestly feel sorry for Lana (and this is coming from someone who’s been as pissed as the next person regarding this whole era). I truly feel like she poured her soul out for us on HIATD and NONE of us appreciated it. We’ve all been ungrateful/ begging for more/ harassing her from every avenue for months now. I didn’t really feel sorry for her up until this whole not showing up for the Met Gala situation. I know it sounds superficial, but I think this might be a cry for help on some level. I see her feeling disillusioned about something in a way (whether it be regarding fame, money, love, age, etc). I think we should really lay off, especially if we actually are getting a new song on May 20th (here’s hoping). I was the first to say I would never forgive Lana for this era, but now I’m having a change of heart. We all love her and no one else’s music has ever made us feel as understood as hers has. Shouldn’t that count for something more than our bitter petty jokes about Cha Cha Matcha and insta baddies on this trainwreck of a fan site??

giphy.gif

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

she should have shown up to the met gala dressed as lizzy grant carying the head of lana del rey

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

she should have shown up to the met gala dressed as lizzy grant carying the head of lana del rey

Oh my God your brilliant mind. 

Now I feel even sadder that she didn't. 

I honestly feel sorry for Lana (and this is coming from someone who’s been as pissed as the next person regarding this whole era). I truly feel like she poured her soul out for us on HIATD and NONE of us appreciated it. We’ve all been ungrateful/ begging for more/ harassing her from every avenue for months now. I didn’t really feel sorry for her up until this whole not showing up for the Met Gala situation. I know it sounds superficial, but I think this might be a cry for help on some level. I see her feeling disillusioned about something in a way (whether it be regarding fame, money, love, age, etc). I think we should really lay off, especially if we actually are getting a new song on May 20th (here’s hoping). I was the first to say I would never forgive Lana for this era, but now I’m having a change of heart. We all love her and no one else’s music has ever made us feel as understood as hers has. Shouldn’t that count for something more than our bitter petty jokes about Cha Cha Matcha and insta baddies on this trainwreck of a fan site??

I mean glad ur having a self revelation (what changed for u, I actually wanna know not being a smarty), and really again, not being a smartass, but can u really bridge as to what she might be feeling atm via the Met Gala? Was she invited etc bc I've been a gone a day n do not wanna sift through all the pages atm .

HIADT is beautiful, it really is, and it's powerfully vulnerable definitely. Not saying anything til we get confirmation, and not making excuses cus I've never really condemned her as nastily, but how she held herself 4/29 was just. 

I really don't mind all the jokes, not to b abrasive or anything, no malice, just like laughing w everyone bout our theories in the dark lol

UV/Honeymoon

We don't know if she was invited but I am assuming she was seeing as she's one of the faces of Gucci. 

She probably only agreed to go last year because the theme involved Catholicism, though.

Oh no honestly definitely, would be open to it, 'cept for the fact that it also kinda reminds me of biggie biggie biggie can't u see sometimes ur words just hypnotize me. Maybe Lana can pull of some kinda San Pedro modern day version sound of Gwen's Luxurious n video sorry sleep deprived if that even makes sense gahaaa

short answer, it'll need some tweaking, but it's got potential

I honestly have no idea what those things are lmao

But if she can make those (muddy) trap beats work on an album like Honeymoon (where it seems like merely an appeal to sound current, and yet it doesn't) with grandpa Nowels and Kieron, imagine what she can do with Jack. Someone who suffers (or has suffered) feelings of depression (like Lana) producing an "introspective sad girl shit" album. This album's going to be something, I bet. 

Music To Cry Over Boys To  :defeated:

I honestly have no idea what those things are lmao

But if she can make those (muddy) trap beats work on an album like Honeymoon (where it seems like merely an appeal to sound current, and yet it doesn't) with grandpa Nowels and Kieron, imagine what she can do with Jack. Someone who suffers (or has suffered) feelings of depression (like Lana) producing an "introspective sad girl shit" album. This album's going to be something, I bet. 

Music To Cry Over Boys To  :defeated:

Srry it's a Biggie Smalls ref 

and hmmmmm, true. Felt like it really made the beauty and the beast themes of the record w a soft kinda contrast. and point 2, u have a point there. Melodrama was pretty great 

Driving In Cars With Boys but w a healthier, robust yet tangy singing tone, and slight diff note changes/ad libs. 

UV/Honeymoon