Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I know no one exactly cares but I wish she would fine tune the lyrics to NFR mainly. While I love them I wish she'd make them a bit less...cringy?

God damn man-child

You fucked me so good but you couldn't say I love you

You think you're so bad but you're just cute 

But you don't know the half of the shit that you put me through

Your poetry's bad and you blame the news

But I can't change them, and I can't change you (ooh)

Cause you're just a man, it's just what you do 

Your head in your hands as you paint me the color of blue 

Yeah you're just one man, when we're done and through 

UGH I jUST WISH I really want to hear this fucking song already though I'm-

sgopYhV.gif

the greatest. i can tell just by the title that fuck it ily is gonna be wack

I think Fuck It I Love You will pull a Venice Bitch

I thought Venice Bitch would be the worst song in her entire catalog

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think Fuck It I Love You will pull a Venice Bitch

I thought Venice Bitch would be the worst song in her entire catalog

Venice bitch is like top 3 fav Lana songs and I honestly was thinking the same thing about fuck it ily. I also really hope the greatest is IYC

i didn't mean "stand out" like *literally* sonically………. :mj3:

:um3:

yes…she…is…intentionally…narrating…….like from the present. the lyrics are devastating. she loved him so much she'd have smiled to take his every last bullet. and she did. he stained everything. her aphrodisiacs are no longer. now they trigger existential confusion.

but :judgingu: she is also self aware. reflective. of course she knows she sounded dramatic. this isn't 2012. she knows she will be ok with peaches someday. but fuck, whyy did i give someone that much power???!

I get what the song's about but as I said, she purposely made those words stick out. And you're saying that, if they stand out, I'm not listening. Huh? I would argue the opposite. If they don't stand out to you, you're not listening, because she's basically using them like exclamation points in her lyrics.

Anyway, this Cherry argument is better suited to the LFL thread.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

to the ppl who take issue with cherry for the cursing: how do y’all feel about the cursing in NFR? all the lyrics from snippets we’ve heard, titles, the actual name of the record etc? venice bitch? i don’t mean to start a fight i’m just genuinely curious, from ur point of view

UbsOye5.png

to the ppl who take issue with cherry for the cursing: how do y’all feel about the cursing in NFR? all the lyrics from snippets we’ve heard, titles, the actual name of the record etc? venice bitch? i don’t mean to start a fight i’m just genuinely curious, from ur point of view

We have 5 confirmed explicit tracks (MAC, VB, HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI, NFR, FIILY) out of 13. They can seethe.

8V7Yvel.png

Hit or miss so far. VB and MAC are fine; as someone said earlier the “fucking white gown/nightgown” line in HIADTFAWLMTH-IBIHI (QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM) is kinda ehh. Not cursing related but I don’t really care for the writing in blood shtick in this song either. NFR (the song) can tone it down a bit imo. “Goddamn man child, you fucked me so good...” “you don’t know the half of the shit...” in the same verse is a bit much, especially considering (in my opinion) there doesn’t seem to be a lot of emotion in the delivery of these lines; it’s the same problem as the adlibs in Cherry. We haven’t heard FIILY so I can’t judge there

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I'm a bit worried that sis is trying too hard to be a guttersnipe; obviously I don't mind swearing but suddenly it's in the album title, song titles, etc. 

Tbh that's my biggest complaint with Cherry ... the random "fuck"s and "bitch"s seem so unnecessary and I don't feel they add anything to the song. Maybe this should be filed under unpopular opinions but whatever. So I just hope it's like ... purposeful swearing in this album, and not just because of her midlife crisis. 

Also I read a few pages of one of the books she recommended and it was about wilderwomen drinking from the same streams as wolves, and it made me want to kms. Obviously I'm just not enlightened enough to understand the appeal.

Agreed 100%, there is a clean version of Cherry and I find I enjoy it 100% more than the original :)

We have 5 confirmed explicit tracks (MAC, VB, HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI, NFR, FIILY) out of 13. They can seethe.

You may've missed the bit where it's already been established that nobody has a problem with her swearing per se. It's the swearing for the fuck of it that I (and evidently, others) take issue with. As it's been pointed out, she has a tendency to try too hard sometimes, and the premise of my original post was that I hope she's not doing that with NFR, because it's in the album title, the song titles, etc. Obviously, we don't know for sure until we get the album.

Cherry comes into it because some of us feel she did this in that song.

I know no one exactly cares but I wish she would fine tune the lyrics to NFR mainly. While I love them I wish she'd make them a bit less...cringy?

God damn man-child

You fucked me so good but you couldn't say I love you

You think you're so bad but you're just cute 

But you don't know the half of the shit that you put me through

Your poetry's bad and you blame the news

But I can't change them, and I can't change you (ooh)

Cause you're just a man, it's just what you do 

Your head in your hands as you paint me the color of blue 

Yeah you're just one man, when we're done and through 

UGH I jUST WISH I really want to hear this fucking song already though I'm-

Am I the only one who thinks NFR sounds really tacky and has a boring melody??

Also there’s about 8 pages about swearing so I skimmed through them, did I miss anything new or?

Y’all: I don’t like when Lana swears for the fuck of it

Also y’all: listens to wildly explicit artist in hip hop and pop

It’s because it sometimes sounds forced coming out of her mouth. Like Gods and Monsters, fine with me. When the world was at war, that line about leaning into the “fucking youth” makes me embarrassed to be showing people the song

Y’all: I don’t like when Lana swears for the fuck of it

Also y’all: listens to wildly explicit artist in hip hop and pop

Actually, no. I don't like swearing for the fuck of it in any of my music, but thanks for playing.

Also, any and all posts on here that begin with "ya'll" deserve wps because it's almost always sanctimonious bullshit.

It’s because it sometimes sounds forced coming out of her mouth. Like Gods and Monsters, fine with me. When the world was at war, that line about leaning into the “fucking youth” makes me embarrassed to be showing people the song

Exactly, and we're both Australian so we know what we're talking about when it comes to swearing; we are very experienced and basically have PhDs in it by birthright.

You may've missed the bit where it's already been established that nobody has a problem with her swearing per se. It's the swearing for the fuck of it that I (and evidently, others) take issue with. As it's been pointed out, she has a tendency to try too hard sometimes, and the premise of my original post was that I hope she's not doing that with NFR, because it's in the album title, the song titles, etc. Obviously, we don't know for sure until we get the album.

Cherry comes into it because some of us feel she did this in that song.

i didn’t miss that part, it was the reason i asked the question in the first place! maybe i should have been more specific in my question or something idk i don’t wanna make ppl mad again. i was just wondering if people felt like all the NFR related swearing was unnecessary/tolerable/used more correctly to their taste/still don’t like it etc. like, if they thought the swearing was still in the same vein of how she used it on cherry or not and how they felt about it

UbsOye5.png

Y’all can keep it honestly I’m here for the swearing :hooker:

wait how do you feel about the swearing? sorry, i still can't figure out whether you like it or not

it's just the way i feel

Actually, no. I don't like swearing for the fuck of it in any of my music, but thanks for playing.

Also, any and all posts on here that begin with "ya'll" deserve wps because it's almost always sanctimonious bullshit.

Well fuck my country drag huh  :crossed:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains