Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Where has this page gone? 24hrs ago some album snippets seemed to be manna from heaven and now all I'm reading is like death, despair and giving up on Lana. Calm down folks, NFR hasn't even seen the light of day yet. The last emotion I'm feeling right now is that of being let down, like... I don't even get it. I skipped the snippets and right now I'm kinda glad I did, there is way too much dissection going on and the body of work isn't even on the table yet. Jesus H. Christ y'all

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

just remember we got "throw me round in the sky like a pizza pie" AND "throw me round like a hot potato".

"eVeRyboDY sAYinG uR nO gOoD fUR me, bUt tHEy dONt sEe dUh dIRty stUFf u dO 2 me"  :creep:

"iM nOT gOnnA dO iT baBy, NO WAY"  :hooker:

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

what is this honey 

why are you guys mad at lana changing and evolving, do you expect for a person to be the same for 8 years ?

This is the last album I'm here for. I'm just...not a selfless person? I don't do things for free. When I support an artist, I expect a certain amount of consideration, and also effort on their part. It's nice that she cares enough about her fans to sign things and take pictures, but I personally don't appreciate being lied to and led on for months. I'm not going to scream her name until my voice goes out or harass her to sign my Ultraviolence vinyl, but I certainly would have benefited from a simple "sorry guys, focusing on other projects, album won't be out till fall" tweet back in January. The overall lack of effort has been more than pronounced, in every aspect of her art. This is shaping up to be the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.gif

Jokes aside (no, I don't seriously believe they replaced her with a clone) it really feels like the Lana I knew & loved for 5 years is dead and gone. Being a fan of several artists who are actually dead, that's not a deal-breaker for me; these 5 years of A+ quality are not erased from my memory. The person & artist she used to be still is quite important to me. But the person she is now bores and disappoints me. Half the time she's 34 going on 13, and the rest she's 34 going on 50. The few glimpses of the "old Lana" we get every now and then are simply not enough. I'll hold onto the past, but I can't being myself to be half as invested in the present, or the future. She can go and become a mumble rapper for all I care. I have Born To Die, Paradise, UV, Honeymoon, AKA, even Lust For Life and Sirens, not to mention hundreds of unreleased songs to remember her by. I already like some songs from NFR, and chances are I'll like at least a couple more. But the rest just feels flat and generic.

:xgiggle:

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

what is this honey 

why are you guys mad at lana changing and evolving, do you expect for a person to be the same for 8 years ?

But of course. I mean Lana clearly stayed the same between AKA and BTD, BTD and UV, UV and HM... No changes whatsoever, not a single one, that's why I liked her so much :)

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I got extremely upset when I listened LFL for the first time. I thought the lyrics were weak and didn’t sound like Lana in many songs. But now, years later, I know it sounds like her.

I know Lana has a extremely strong poetry and she is an unique artist. If her managers and label let her do what she wants to do with her career, I feel like she could work more on deep lyrics and maybe more with hip hop sounds. But at the same time, it would be messy because she’s kinda lazy and probably we would have more iPhone videos and lazy album covers.

Let’s wait guys. NFR sounds fantastic and beautiful, can you imagine if Lana was singing something like M*! By TS (Hihihihi -e, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)

That’s a reason to cry. But she’s a hard working songwriter.

Yall motherfucking faggots get on my whole nerve!!!!

If it makes you feel any better Ben, it should have been you on that cover instead of Duke Nicholson.

I have seen some critics on Lana’s lyrics. She’s extremely descriptive on her songs and poetic. What about young and beautiful, gods and monsters, body electric, old money, get free, born to die, off to the races... she’s a great songwriter and she doesn’t need a team to work on lyrics, she got the brains

And that's exactly why I'm underwhelmed by lyrics like Venice Bitch and Happiness Is A Butterfly. I know what she's capable of, and those two are not it. I hope the rest of NFR serves more MAC and HTD and less VB (lirically) and HIAB.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

If it makes you feel any better Ben, it should have been you on that cover instead of Duke Nicholson.

I know bby and that’s why I’m making her release the album on the same day as TOOL. Paybacks! it’s so funny to me

And that's exactly I'm underwhelmed by lyrics like Venice Bitch and Happiness Is A Butterfly. I know what she's capable of, and those two are not it. I hope the rest of NFR serves more MAC and HTD and less VB (lirically) and HIAB.

Yup. HIAB is one of the songs I'm looking forward to the most, but the lyrics aren't anything special (I still can't get over tourlyfe). It slaps tho

Yup. HIAB is one of the songs I'm looking forward to the most, but the lyrics aren't anything special (I still can't get over tourlyfe). It slaps tho

Same, HIAB was one of the snippets that stood out the most for me but the lyrics are tragic.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I know bby and that’s why I’m making her release the album on the same day as TOOL. Paybacks! it’s so funny to me

I bet she's so mad Interscope won't let her wait 13 years between albums too :teehee:

Are you being sarcastic skmsjsksksks

No sis, I really love that outfit.

Those heels, the transparent blouse and the Adidas legging

original.gif