Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The last few snippets of HiaB have been so good, but I'm worried that she didn't change it from what it was back in may 2018 with the "sing it for my babies on the tourlyfe" lyrics. I think she did, cause this version seems to be a more sad song about a lover and not about her fans, but I'm still worried because wheww that may 2018 snippet had some of her worst lyrics

qfrWuBl.png

i wonder if lana knows how ignorant she is (and im not trying to sound mean or anything). shes probably like "yeah im so woke" but she has the political stances of someone who browsed a liberal twitter page for 10 minutes

nevertheless, thank you lana for donating to the victims of the terrorist attack

I think she was being genuine when she wrote the song and probably did it as an immediate reaction to the news, rather than a cynical attempt at woke points. But, as has been pointed out, she seems to have a very shallow understanding of sociopolitical issues, including within the context of mass shootings. So while I appreciate it as a beautiful and heartfelt expression of grief and reflection, I have a hard time taking it seriously as any kind of political statement.

You're right. It is a beautiful song as well, can't deny that. But choosing to financially benefit from it wasn't an immediate decision. The profits of a song about gun violence, released during a difficult time so it gets extra attention, are going towards a rich record company and a rich woman. Like, I get she made the song, it's her song her property, but she's utilizing this political atmosphere to profit both financially and socially because now she's a Woke Queen to everyone. All I'm saying is, if she cared if she felt, she'd be doing more than just releasing the song. She'd be donating proceeds. (hell, smaller artists than her donate proceeds lmao)

I'm not saying artists can't be political, I'm saying they need to stop doing it with insidious ulterior motives. Everyone's been wanting Lana to be political since the very beginning by shoving 'ARE U FEMINIST' down her throat all day every day. But the feminist look just didn't fit her 'submissive ingenue' brand at the time. Now she's too old for that so the next best thing is this, I guess.

You're right. It is a beautiful song as well, can't deny that. But choosing to financially benefit from it wasn't an immediate decision. The profits of a song about gun violence, released during a difficult time so it gets extra attention, are going towards a rich record company and a rich woman. Like, I get she made the song, it's her song her property, but she's utilizing this political atmosphere to profit both financially and socially because now she's a Woke Queen to everyone. All I'm saying is, if she cared if she felt, she'd be doing more than just releasing the song. She'd be donating proceeds. (hell, smaller artists than her donate proceeds lmao)

I'm not saying artists can't be political, I'm saying they need to stop doing it with insidious ulterior motives. Everyone's been wanting Lana to be political since the very beginning by shoving 'ARE U FEMINIST' down her throat all day every day. But the feminist look just didn't fit her 'submissive ingenue' brand at the time. Now she's too old for that so the next best thing is this, I guess.

??? all proceeds are being donated

qfrWuBl.png

i wonder if lana knows how ignorant she is (and im not trying to sound mean or anything). shes probably like "yeah im so woke" but she has the political stances of someone who browsed a liberal twitter page for 10 minutes

nevertheless, thank you lana for donating to the victims of the terrorist attack

Alternatively, what if that’s just what she believes in? Why Stan if you don’t believe her word 

Alternatively, what if that’s just what she believes in? Why Stan if you don’t believe her word 

i stan because she makes good ass music, shes beautiful, and her music made my life better

i dont have to agree with everything she does to stan her. i hate lfl but you dont see me unstan lol

Okay OT from LFA (technically it has its own thread) but if NFR le*ks will you ladies listen to the whole thing? I think I’ll just listen to HTD, Cinnamon, HIAB, & NFR since we’ve been waiting so long for those and also Bartender bc its so gorgeous. And then save the last five for the day her record drops

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

The last few snippets of HiaB have been so good, but I'm worried that she didn't change it from what it was back in may 2018 with the "sing it for my babies on the tourlyfe" lyrics. I think she did, cause this version seems to be a more sad song about a lover and not about her fans, but I'm still worried because wheww that may 2018 snippet had some of her worst lyrics

I'm literally editing the song and deleting that part if she's included it. I was probably one of the biggest HIAB haters here back when we only had the 1st snippet. Like it couldn't sound dumber. Now, do the other snippets contain any mind-blowing lyricism? No, but they're cute & catchy af, and I must have played them half a thousand times.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B080tuJB90G/?igshid=1t4gqr1p2x7b1

good!! she’s donating the earnings!

I LOVE THIS!!!! That is the right thing to do. Using her fame and influence to do something good, and it's really not "political"--she's donating to the victims' relief funds because it is a national tragedy no matter what you think about gun laws. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

But choosing to financially benefit from it wasn't an immediate decision. The profits of a song about gun violence, released during a difficult time so it gets extra attention, are going towards a rich record company and a rich woman. Like, I get she made the song, it's her song her property, but she's utilizing this political atmosphere to profit both financially and socially because now she's a Woke Queen to everyone. All I'm saying is, if she cared if she felt, she'd be doing more than just releasing the song. She'd be donating proceeds. (hell, smaller artists than her donate proceeds lmao)

"All my proceeds from this song will go to Gilroy garlic festival victims relief fund, El Paso community relief fund and Dayton foundation"

Don't speak unless u know what's upppp! U have no way of knowing what she does with the earnings unless she says otherwise. U know nothing about it. Why speak on things u know nothing about?

Hope u are doing your part to help victims and can provide receipts for it too!!!!!!

Anyways, good for Lana!!! Keep up the GOOD work!!!!! :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I'm literally editing the song and deleting that part if she's included it. I was probably one of the biggest HIAB haters here back when we only had the 1st snippet. Like it couldn't sound dumber. Now, do the other snippets contain any mind-blowing lyricism? No, but they're cute & catchy af, and I must have played them half a thousand times.

I think she's turned it into something more thoughtful, well from the snippet, she even added guitar