Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I never understood the appeal of a theater premiere. Like... a bunch of LA gays would watch the video a couple hours before us, what difference does it make?

Win Edwards would be able to take more pics with her tho :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Honestly, yeah I found the whole message in the LFA song to be somewhat confusing. Lana sings about America in past tense, and seems to sing of it fondly. Whether she's just speaking on her personal memories of America in particular (like her youth for example), then that's fine. But there's a little suspicion because America was never actually a good place to begin with, so I don't know what the other part in the song Lana is trying to convey through her lyrics, but nevertheless it'll be for a good cause if we all buy/stream it. 

I get where you're coming from, but I feel like such a broad interpretation is taking her sadness out of context - that context being a deep sense of grief over the almost daily mass shootings in present day USA. The only aspect of the past she's yearning for with this song is one where Americans in general did not have to live in fear of mass shootings; it's not any deeper than that.

I’m glad Lana is coming for my bank account again. It’s a nice feeling.

I love “Season Of The Witch”. I just picture Lana with big hair, thick white hoop earrings/ white boots & a litttle black dress singing it.

there were terror attacks before 9/11 but people generally didn't really fear them, they were shootings before the recent years but people didn't really fear them, there were forrest fires before but people didn't really fear them in the way they do now, there were food shortages before but people generally don't fear them at this particular moment in history because there hasn't been a drastic food shortage lately and it's not the topic that's getting discussed atm.

it's not that deep.

i76mrxw.png 

Honestly, yeah I found the whole message in the LFA song to be somewhat confusing. Lana sings about America in past tense, and seems to sing of it fondly. Whether she's just speaking on her personal memories of America in particular (like her youth for example), then that's fine. But there's a little suspicion because America was never actually a good place to begin with, so I don't know what the other part in the song Lana is trying to convey through her lyrics, but nevertheless it'll be for a good cause if we all buy/stream it.

I think to answer your question, she’s talking more or less about the times before it got to be too crazy. There were always bad things happening, sure, but it didn’t happen to her. Nobody I know ever lived during every bad time in America. I’ve never met someone who was a slave in the 1800s or indigenous person who was being chased and slaughtered in the 1600s and 1700s. So with that said, there’s a little bit of innocence with some of the people who grew up or lived in modern times. The kidnap era of the 70s & 90s happened all over America and it almost seemed to be a cultural thing, although I’m not saying it doesn’t happen elsewhere. It just happens to be more commonly known in America that you can’t let you kid run around the neighborhood anymore (which I remember doing growing up even in the early 2000s... was it smart? Fuck no. But who cared?) Growing up in the 60s and 70s, you WERE able to go out and do things like that. But since the 90s? Hell no. In the line about the drive in, she’s referring to movie theater shootings too between the lines without saying it differently. When you’re a kid you don’t think of these things or worry about it. My niece and nephew are under 10yo and neither one of them realize the bad parts of America bc luckily for them, their parents are trying to keep their childhoods better than it’d be if they were scared to leave the house daily just to go to school.

Hell I remember being a kid and thinking nothing like that would happen to me. I was never worried even in the early 2000s when we were just outside of the kidnap era. The 2010s are the “mass shooting” era (even if some of those mass shootings are 2-3 deaths, they still count it as a mass shooting so then the numbers look higher per year)

Wow what a sad thing to refer to it as. “Mass shooting era” and “kidnap era” yikes... sorry if this sounds a little insensitive and also sorry for the essay lol I hope this post helps someone understand how I’m at least seeing it maybe

TL:DR sure America has never been great or the best place but when you’re a kid or even a young teenager, your innocence keeps you blind to it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

wait, the UO exclusive NFR vinyl sold out? 10'000 copies already? I-

shes coming for that #1 spot

for real? wow never thought it'd sold out 

appr now i have something rare :creep: btw guys my order status says back order, what does that mean? is it succeed ?

:smile3:

for real? wow never thought it'd sold out 

appeartnly now i have something rare :creep:

yes

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/lana-del-rey-nfr-limited-2xlp?color=066&size=0000

im so confused rn cuz 10'000 is a lot. maybe its just an error in their database but if it really sold out that quickly, then shes gonna debut high

image.png

yes

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/lana-del-rey-nfr-limited-2xlp?color=066&size=0000

im so confused rn cuz 10'000 is a lot. maybe its just an error in their database but if it really sold out that quickly, then shes gonna debut high

oh damn

the green one sold out that fast too, it's actually sold out like in 3-4 days only

i cant remember if the clear LFL one was sold out that fast or not

:smile3:

oh damn

the green one sold out that fast too, it's actually sold out like in 3-4 days only

i cant remember if the clear LFL one was sold out that fast or not

the green one is back in stock tho, ive checked today

so everyone who didnt get one, get it now

image.png

the green one is back in stock tho, ive checked today

so everyone who didnt get one, get it now

they keep restocking the green one every other day tbh it's been sold out a few times already. (on her european store)

i76mrxw.png 

where can i find the other colored vinyls? Not the UO one or the green on on her website but the blue and purple ones?

there is no purple one

the blue one can be bought at fnac, HMV and indie record stores seem to carry it as well

image.png

kinda want to remind some of you that suggesting people care about things in order to be 'fake woke' because caring about things is 'inherently bad' is some 4chan incel bullshit too that feeds into the rhetoric which creates things such as mass shooters and an emboldened far right due to the suggestion people caring about others welfare is somehow 'unnatural' and you're ultimately shitting on yourself, particularly if you're part of a marginalised group so good luck with that

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live