Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I WANTED TO CALL YOU :agree: BUT I DIDN’T SAY A THING :oprah:

OOOOOOOOOH :oprah: :oprah:

I’LL PICK U UP :oprah:

IF YOU COME BACK TO- :oprah:

California is gonna fuck me up :eartha:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

choosing not to be socially or politically aware is in itself a political stance as there is no neutral ground to take and silence is its own form of rhetoric 

This is a totalitarian mindset. 

Except mass shootings have been a thing for a long time, so you're proving the original point https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacrehttps://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/the-disturbing-link-between-modern-day-mass-shootings-and-slave-patrols/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_the_United_States

Ignoring this history is what people are taking issue with. This isn't inserting division, it's reflecting reality. Learning ab this sort of thing (a long standing culture of mass violence) is more helpful to stopping shootings than platitudes, road trips, and dreams.

Okay, but I don’t see why it’s bad for her to sing about CURRENT issues aka issues that are happening right now and are in our news. Of course we have a history of massacres, shootings, and such but these are issues that are affecting us currently. I would rather an artist sing about the war on terror as opposed to the Vietnam war. We aren’t saying that Lana is better than Kendrick and the other 1% of pop artists that actually have made songs about gun violence, but that we appreciate that she’s taking the time out of her day to not only make a song and spread the message that hey, gun violence is an actual issue that has affected her, and is also donating all of the proceeds to gun violence charities. Would I rather her speak out against violence against indigenous Americans? Of course. Gun violence is growing in America, but I don’t see why you’re saying that she’s contributing to alt right rhetoric (?). She’s a pop star whose foundation in music is singing about doing coke and being a nymph from Lolita. She really hasn’t even gotten political until a few years ago. I know what I’m saying isn’t exactly reassuring you that she’s a social justice artist, but it’s reality. Right now I’m focusing more on more recent news however because these shootings are in cities we know and may even include people we know (like in my case), and for that I’m grateful for LFA.

sgopYhV.gif

Many artists that are poor, actually poor, tend to be politically active and art is inseparable from politics given art's long history of being sponsored by patrons who had political motives behind what they commissioned and yes, choosing not to be socially or politically aware is in itself a political stance as there is no neutral ground to take and silence is its own form of rhetoric 

but anyway nearly at 3000 girlies! 4000 by aug 30th?

What exactly are you doing to be socially and politically active, pincurlsandpearls, from LanaBoards? 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

What exactly are you doing to be socially and politically active, pincurlsandpearls, from LanaBoards? 

uh.. they're trying to have meaningful discussion with people on here about lana's new politics inspired song whilst everyone else wants to ignore it

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Oh my God. 

LFA is a nice little song. The sentiment is nice. Donating the proceeds is nice.

But sis is still clueless af for all of the reasons various people have mentioned, and anyone pretending otherwise is just romanticising. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Oh my God. 

LFA is a nice little song. The sentiment is nice. Donating the proceeds is nice.

But sis is still clueless af for all of the reasons various people have mentioned, and anyone pretending otherwise is just romanticising.

No one’s arguing otherwise lol. We’re not saying she’s woke, we’re just appreciating the sentiment.

sgopYhV.gif

Studies indicate that the rate at which public mass shootings occur has tripled since 2011. Between 1982 and 2011, a mass shooting occurred roughly once every 200 days. However, between 2011 and 2014, that rate has accelerated greatly with at least one mass shooting occurring every 64 days in the United States.[27] According to the non-profit Gun Violence Archive, there were 251 mass shootings between January 1 and August 4, 2019—the 216th day of the year.[28]

I'm not American but it's pretty clear to me why she wasn't worried about children's safety in the daytime beforehand and didn't have to think twice before she did things before but does now 

Oh my God. 

She is. Is it a bad thing ? NO. Judging a person for not sharing one particular point of view is literal fascism. 

Can this conversation change please? This same boring shit is being said over and over

WHO GIVES A FUCK we’re all gonna stay talking about her here. Nothing will change. You’ll all say “oh she needs to be more woke” and then you complain when she tries to be. I don’t get it... get a hobby already fuck

Anyways, anyone else been listening to Season Of The Witch? I love it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She is. Is it a bad thing ? NO. Judging a person for not sharing one particular point of view is literal fascism. 

Agreed. Also, ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum isn't being "politically active." Political activism requires actual protest. Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, direct, or intervene in social,political, economic, or environmental reform with the desire to make changes in society.

What exactly will ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum do to enact change?

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i suggest you read a book immediately cos i'm sorry to tell you, it's not. it's much worse and a lot of it is already happening

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Agreed. Also, ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum isn't being "politically active." Political activism requires actual protest. Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, direct, or intervene in social,[/size]political, economic, or environmental reform with the desire to make changes in society.[/size]

What exactly will ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum do to enact change?

idk lanaboards user California, what exactly will ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum do to enact change?

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

season of the witch was nothing like I expected it to be and yet,, I’m a woman in love

Right? It was kind of a spooky bop tbh I liked it lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

idk lanaboards user California, what exactly will ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum do to enact change?

You tell me, LanaBoards user, SunChild. What exactly have you done to enact change in society? I'll tell you if you tell me  ;)