Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

We could say the same things to you both. Both of you are being extremely self-righteous right now, so it's best that we all just stop overreacting and end the discussion right here. 

i'd say self righteous is trying to invalidate someone caring about things just because you don't share that view whilst also heavily implying it was disingenuous due to you personally having little understanding or care for that approach. you've also been extremely patronising without offering much in the way of proper discussion with people perfectly willing to engage with you

self righteous here basically means 'having a strong opinion'

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Jack's bussy is so tight no one can take NFR from there yrvn2rP.gif

:lmao:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lol “Taylor secman” isn’t l*aking shite

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Business or actual ?

Neither hahahaha

All they did was post the nfr link lmao

A link? I just saw a hashtag lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Lana has, I think, always been enamored of an idea of retro-Americana that only ever existed as a pop culture fantasy--which she knows and acknowledges ("You make me wanna be like one of those girls / From the 1950s wearing those big pearls / On the color TV," etc), so...she is still looking for that fantasy she was promised ("I heard the streets were paved with gold / That's what my father said.") Real events on the news pop that fantasy bubble, not that she really thinks we should go back to how things literally were in earlier times. Her nostalgia is bittersweet because she knows it's for something not real ("I feel nostalgic and I don't even know what for", she said in an interview). 

For me, the best example of Lana!America vs. Real!America in the National Anthem video...when JFK was actually president, there was still racial segregation in the US. In the video, she has an African-American JFK to show she's romanticizing the aesthetics...the American "Camelot" it was called...NOT the racism of the actual time period. I think of "Looking for America" that way too...looking for a dream.

So...that's why I don't find that problematic, but I do see and respect why some of you do. 

Anyway...almost 3,000 pages! Go team! :party:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

As a "Latinx" person from El Paso myself, this is ridiculous. The fact that she took the time to make this beautiful song in the middle of all she's been doing this week meant a lot to me. Your profile pic represents u :flop:

So my having an opinion ab the song means that I require Lana to act a certain way or talk about certain things? Do people really think these issues exist in a vacuum? I'm not saying Lana needs to discuss unrelated issues - just that she should actually understand the issues she's discussing. That's great you individually are all for LFA or whatever. None of you have actually addressed what ive actually said -just whether or not I have the right to say it?? Wtf

Btw how any of you can see my profile pic and think I post anything on here with a straight face is beyoooond me. It's so crazy to me how commentary that someone disagrees with gets taken as a personal attack. Glad the song means a lot to you! I explained what it meant to me. Can we not both say so? Lol

A witchy, psychedelic version of it with jazzy elements. But like, for real, not just in the description.

Oh god yes, that would literally be a dream. You know, by the album trailer I sort of expected lfl to have short, cute, witchy songs with a bit of a storyline just like love potion. I mean I loved what we got, but that would’ve been kind of amazing.

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

So my having an opinion ab the song means that I require Lana to act a certain way or talk about certain things? Do people really think these issues exist in a vacuum? I'm not saying Lana needs to discuss unrelated issues - just that she should actually understand the issues she's discussing. That's great you individually are all for LFA or whatever. None of you have actually addressed what ive actually said -just whether or not I have the right to say it?? Wtf

Btw how any of you can see my profile pic and think I post anything on here with a straight face is beyoooond me. It's so crazy to me how commentary that someone disagrees with gets taken as a personal attack. Glad the song means a lot to you! I explained what it meant to me. Can we not both say so? Lol

Wait wtf you mean this website isn't the be-all end-all of outside life, foxglove isn't your real name and lanaboards isn't your city?  :ohno:

locals only

Lana has, I think, always been enamored of an idea of retro-Americana that only ever existed as a pop culture fantasy--which she knows and acknowledges ("You make me wanna be like one of those girls / From the 1950s wearing those big pearls / On the color TV," etc), so...she is still looking for that fantasy she was promised ("I heard the streets were paved with gold / That's what my father said.") Real events on the news pop that fantasy bubble, not that she really thinks we should go back to how things literally were in earlier times. Her nostalgia is bittersweet because she knows it's for something not real ("I feel nostalgic and I don't even know what for", she said in an interview).

For me, the best example of Lana!America vs. Real!America in the National Anthem video...when JFK was actually president, there was still racial segregation in the US. In the video, she has an African-American JFK to show she's romanticizing the aesthetics...the American "Camelot" it was called...NOT the racism of the actual time period. I think of "Looking for America" that way too...looking for a dream.

So...that's why I don't find that problematic, but I do see and respect why some of you do.

Anyway...almost 3,000 pages! Go team! :party:

This is actually why I originally looooved Lana. Bc that sort of artistic juxtaposition between the real and the fake, the gritty and the glam, seemed so poignant and meaningful like "hey look how the American dream is all a facade"

Which is why I think her now seeming like "oh I wish we could all just be sweet and peaceful without guns, and just fly the American flag without thinking AB the history" seems hollow . It's like she's backstepping her original message OR that she was not actually that deep in the first place. Which is honestly fine, it's her art and her life. Its just a let down

OR that she was not actually that deep in the first place

It is literally THAT simple. She wasn't deep nor genuine during BTD. Can we move on?

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

It is literally THAT simple. She wasn't deep nor genuine during BTD. Can we move on?

I'm happy to move on but in order to do that I need sis to actually release TG / FIILY vids (and for people to get some self awareness on their reactionary replies misunderstanding me). Ugh who am I to wanna try when no one gives a damn