Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I mean we all knew Lana's writing skills declined when she wrote a certain album. I'm not going to name names so you guys can guess yourself, but she even said herself it wasn't about the words anymore, the whole album was made just for a vibe sonically. It doesn't surprise me she's writing about telsa mom cars, I mean between "blue blue blue" "stranger than a stranger" "hello it's the most famous woman you know on the ipad" don't forget the fact that every chorus is repetitive

Our honeymoon x3

And a lust life x2

Keeps us alive X2

He loved guns and roses x4

I'm a sad girl x3

Money power glory X2

And many, many more

When you don't practice a skill, let alone live a life to have material to write about, of course you're going to lose it. I mean How To Disappear showed us Lana is still capable of her storytelling skills, she just chooses to go a pretentious artsy fartsy route because she wants to be considered an obscure writer like a Kurt Cobain type, which there's nothing wrong with that, but you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't say Lana has been playing the part of a try hard with these recent poems/lyrics. I get that she wants to be taken seriously as a writer, I just wish she would take some classes. There's nothing wrong with practicing your skills. Even Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande have vocal coaches. It's something we all got to do. Lana would move miles ahead of only she nudged herself into the right direction. I think she'd honestly like going back to writers class. But will she? Who knows :sadcore:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I mean we all knew Lana's writing skills declined when she wrote a certain album. I'm not going to name names so you guys can guess yourself, but she even said herself it wasn't about the words anymore, the whole album was made just for a vibe sonically. It doesn't surprise me she's writing about telsa mom cars, I mean between "blue blue blue" "stranger than a stranger" "hello it's the most famous woman you know on the ipad" don't forget the fact that every chorus is repetitive

Our honeymoon x3

And a lust life x2

Keeps us alive X2

He loved guns and roses x4

I'm a sad girl x3

Money power glory X2

And many, many more

When you don't practice a skill, let alone live a life to have material to write about, of course you're going to lose it. I mean How To Disappear showed us Lana is still capable of her storytelling skills, she just chooses to go a pretentious artsy fartsy route because she wants to be considered an obscure writer like a Kurt Cobain type, which there's nothing wrong with that, but you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't say Lana has been playing the part of a try hard with these recent poems/lyrics. I get that she wants to be taken seriously as a writer, I just wish she would take some classes. There's nothing wrong with practicing your skills. Even Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande have vocal coaches. It's something we all got to do. Lana would move miles ahead of only she nudged herself into the right direction. I think she'd honestly like going back to writers class. But will she? Who knows :sadcore:

^this

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

^this

Like don't get me wrong, does Lana possess the gift of writing? Of course! But she needs someone or something to bring it out of her. It's been very dormant ever since Paradise, Lana even said herself UV & HM were more about the sound and the feeling melodically rather than the lyrics, and that LFL was a fan album. So 5 years without writing deeply. Did we get some good lyrics these past 5 years, of course. Can they be stronger? I think so. Between Sirens, AKA and BTD Lana has proven how amazing and heart melting her lyrics can be. I truly do think a writing class would do her wonders. She could go with the girls, they can all take a painting class afterwards too probably in the same building. Go for coffee, etc. I think it would be really good for her and fun in the process!

i have a confession....i've never heard anything off Sirens or AKA...(i'll atone for my sins today i swear!)

tumblr_mh77hatUpX1s2xprbo1_500.gif

Don't get me wrong it's not like "OH MY GOD THE NEXT WALT WHITMAN WAS BORN" but they were very strong lyrically! Of course there were lowpoints *cough cough smarty cough* but at other points you'd be like woah this chick really can tell a story. I suggest listening to Bad Disease, Junky Pride, Try Tonight, Oh Say Can You See, Pawn Shop Blues.

i have a confession....i've never heard anything off Sirens or AKA...(i'll atone for my sins today i swear!)

tumblr_mh77hatUpX1s2xprbo1_500.gif

I actually envy you, I wish I could listen to some of her old songs for the first time...Start with AKA, Sirens is a bit of an acquired taste

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I wouldn't mind if Lana went on a hiatus after NFR. I think it's important she takes time off to live her life then come back with something solid and meaningful to write about. What we have from her right now ain't it, and that's because she has two years max to live her life and then write about it in time for the next release. With BTD, up until the age of 27 she had all these years of experiences which she could write about, and I think that's why BTD is lyrically stellar in comparison to later work.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I wouldn't mind if Lana went on a hiatus after NFR. I think it's important she takes time off to live her life then come back with something solid and meaningful to write about. What we have from her right now ain't it, and that's because she has two years max to live her life and then write about it in time for the next release. With BTD, up until the age of 27 she had all these years of experiences which she could write about, and I think that's why BTD is lyrically stellar in comparison to later work.

I think everyone forgets BTD took 4 years to write, that's why it's so good. It started with DMD in 2008. I truly do think Lana should take a nice long break. 4 - 5 years honestly would do her some good. She can focus on her life, being happy, having fun, she can also take a writing class, maybe further her artistic skills, write very slowly, and have 5 years to experience shit to write about. Also I think she should relearn guitar. It's nice that producers give her instrumentals but I wish she still made laptop demos with a guitar and then showed them to producers. If she did all that it would truly be one of her greatest albums ever. Plus she'd be happy living her life!

yall literally trash everything this woman does lately look how happy she looks in that photo you fagg-

can she live?? can she fucking live???

if you're not here for her anymore no-one is forcing you to be FOH

no wonder ben hates this place.... the crackheadery

52886963_2342732462613236_26491863241032

FOH = friend of housewives??

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Remember after Paradise when she said she was "done with singing," there was nothing more for her to write about? Yeah *cough* LIES but I could def see that hiatus coming after this album

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I feel like Lana is someone who can't stop writing. It's literally in her veins, no matter how good her writing skills are. I'm sure her phone notes are full of that. And I also think NFR was mainly written outside the studio, in her everyday life

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It's become very apparent I'd say that this site has gained what I'd like to call "sweet sally no sees" who pretend that they don't see the good and only see the bad, then complain "wow you guys are always so harsh on Lana you never give her a chance and you truly aren't fans" and it's starting to get VERY old & annoying.

I don't really understand the logic of pretending to be a positive person yet being so fixated on everyone's negative opinions and failing to acknowledge everything positive being said? Like it literally contradicts what you stand for which is interesting.

As for Lana's work, I've praised LOTS of her new stuff. I fucking adore Cinnamon, How To Disappear is one of my favorite songs from her sonically and lyrically since AKA, Venice Bitch is a really great and cute playful song and the guitar is great, Mariners Apartment Complex is one of my faves and the instrumental breakdown is a dream.

Yet these sweet sally no sees pretend things like that aren't being said. I don't understand most of the logic here being used. I praise 4 songs, and say "Hmm well HIADT isn't really for me" or "these last two poems aren't really doing anything for me and here's why" and then all these little Lana ass lickers like to forget everything positive that has been said and it's truly sad and telling that some of you are here only to start fights and act like everything Lana does is godly.

That's not how life works kids, you can't like everything an artist does. These people aren't Gods and the way some of you hold her up to be that is actually really disturbing?

So instead of being a hypocrite, because that's what you're doing when you ignore the 10 positive posts and only choose to see the one negative post and say "wow this board is so negative", maybe just walk away and like not be so fixated on trying to make everyone feel bad for the way they feel?

You cannot preach that we're negative for our true opinions when you guys are trying to find the negative in every post on this site. It just doesn't make sense and I truly hope some of you work on seeing the positive in what people here say.

You guys act like everyone wants Lana burned at the stake for destroying the English language, when that's not even close. We're just not going to brown nose her and pretend we like everything. There's a difference between being a fan/stan, and being an intense follower who kisses her feet at every opportunity you can get. I'm glad you like her, but stop putting artists to God levels, it's really, really not healthy. Thank you :bye2:

I was thinking of this these last past days too, glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. I love her, but it feels like she prefers to just hang around with friends and living her life so I wouldn’t be mad if she took a break and lived a little and then come back with a smash.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It's become very apparent I'd say that this site has gained what I'd like to call "sweet sally no sees" who pretend that they don't see the good and only see the bad, then complain "wow you guys are always so harsh on Lana you never give her a chance and you truly aren't fans" and it's starting to get VERY old & annoying.

I don't really understand the logic of pretending to be a positive person yet being so fixated on everyone's negative opinions and failing to acknowledge everything positive being said? Like it literally contradicts what you stand for which is interesting.

As for Lana's work, I've praised LOTS of her new stuff. I fucking adore Cinnamon, How To Disappear is one of my favorite songs from her sonically and lyrically since AKA, Venice Bitch is a really great and cute playful song and the guitar is great, Mariners Apartment Complex is one of my faves and the instrumental breakdown is a dream.

Yet these sweet sally no sees pretend things like that aren't being said. I don't understand most of the logic here being used. I praise 4 songs, and say "Hmm well HIADT isn't really for me" or "these last two poems aren't really doing anything for me and here's why" and then all these little Lana ass lickers like to forget everything positive that has been said and it's truly sad and telling that some of you are here only to start fights and act like everything Lana does is godly.

That's not how life works kids, you can't like everything an artist does. These people aren't Gods and the way some of you hold her up to be that is actually really disturbing?

So instead of being a hypocrite, because that's what you're doing when you ignore the 10 positive posts and only choose to see the one negative post and say "wow this board is so negative", maybe just walk away and like not be so fixated on trying to make everyone feel bad for the way they feel?

You cannot preach that we're negative for our true opinions when you guys are trying to find the negative in every post on this site. It just doesn't make sense and I truly hope some of you work on seeing the positive in what people here say.

You guys act like everyone wants Lana burned at the stake for destroying the English language, when that's not even close. We're just not going to brown nose her and pretend we like everything. There's a difference between being a fan/stan, and being an intense follower who kisses her feet at every opportunity you can get. I'm glad you like her, but stop putting artists to God levels, it's really, really not healthy. Thank you :bye2:

This, omg

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

This, omg

It just really makes me mad because I see all these members praising HIADT's lyrics, they're going crazy over Venice Bitch's breakdown, they love HIAB, and they're excited for them, then one person will say "I don't like X but that's my opinion, I'm glad some of you like it though" then the sweet sally no sees come along like "oh my god you guys are disgusting and should be ashamed" and it's like uh uh did you miss the 10 positive posts before that or :biblio: like they're really living in lala land

It just really makes me mad because I see all these members praising HIADT's lyrics, they're going crazy over Venice Bitch's breakdown, they love HIAB, and they're excited for them, then one person will say "I don't like X but that's my opinion, I'm glad some of you like it though" then the sweet sally no sees come along like "oh my god you guys are disgusting and should be ashamed" and it's like uh uh did you miss the 10 positive posts before that or :biblio: like they're really living in lala land

I get that all the time here, it’s like people take everything so personal. Like why does a stranger on the internet and there opinion bother you so much? Does it affect your enjoyment of the song or Lana? No.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance