canela

Slayyyter

I don’t think she’s really planning on retiring from music really… she even said it’s a way of pushing herself to do the best she can! But it’s obvious to me she does care for music and actually enjoys pop in it’s true form (one of the few this days) :crossed:

2 hours ago, blameitonme said:

to me, it was more about her hinting she might not use slayyyter as a stage name in the future. which makes sense tbh :popcorn:

Idk if that’s a good idea tho… she has finally created a quite loyal following on her own and to throw all that away just for a “rebrand” could lead to a flop! It’s not like she has Gaga or Madonna status to do that :bebe:

I also think the name suits her a lot, even her music. If she wants to pull a 180 she can do it with the same name, im sure the support will be there… im the first one wanting her to go full on alternative!! :oic2:

43 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Idk if that’s a good idea tho… she has finally created a quite loyal following on her own and to throw all that away just for a “rebrand” could lead to a flop! It’s not like she has Gaga or Madonna status to do that :bebe:

I also think the name suits her a lot, even her music. If she wants to pull a 180 she can do it with the same name, im sure the support will be there… im the first one wanting her to go full on alternative!! :oic2:

I mean it didn’t even really work for Marina and she has a sizable following…

negAbhB.png

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

oh it’s a terrible idea, but she lies a lot so we don’t have to worry. i remember she said that s3 would come out in 2020 and be an acoustic album :lmao:

3 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

oh it’s a terrible idea, but she lies a lot so we don’t have to worry. i remember she said that s3 would come out in 2020 and be an acoustic album :lmao:

Even a country album (lowkey would eat and slay Beyonce outta the way) :pls:

Yeah idk I think if shes thinking about it; she should do it.

She really doesnt have a recognizable name in the public outside her own fans and gays in the alt pop circles. The name itself was an unserious username and because of its slang connotation it can either trivialize any more serious meaning or purpose behind her music, make people not take her seriously, or become outdated. People already say “slay” in a mocking fashion. Which was allegedly not the purpose of her name in the first place so shes constantly explaining it.

shes very creative. I could see a new pseudonym working for her.

Its giving like Fergie / Gwen Stefani if she screamed and served grunge cunt. Its kind of eating.

do we know yet if this is listed as one of devault’s tracks? Or could this possibly be on S4…

With this conversation about a potential name change, idk I'm still traumatized by how things are turning out once Marina dropped "and the Diamonds". I feel like Slayyyter works just fine. In fact, I think she can keep it even if she ends up going mainstream someday somehow. We've had artists with more ridiculous stage names anyway (looking at you Marshmello). 

In terms of who would benefit the most from a name change, I think Ayesha should do it. I feel like Ayesha Erotica, while cunt, might prevent her from potentially getting some more PG-friendly opportunities in the future. In fact, it might even be a factor as to why some labels might not sign her. I don't see that issue with Slayyyter's stage name. 

On 4/3/2024 at 4:36 AM, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I feel like Ayesha Erotica, while cunt, might prevent her from potentially getting some more PG-friendly opportunities in the future. In fact, it might even be a factor as to why some labels might not sign her.

I don’t think that’s the case… they probably didn’t sign her cause they already have another one (Kim Petras) doing the coked up whore thing… I don’t think they care about PG anymore… they even release shit like WAP nowadays 

I agree with the Slayyyter keeping her name tho 

just discovered i've been listening to an unmastered version of sunshine when there's a mastered one that sounds a lot better obviously... also that there's flac files available for both of them... while not new leaks i'm eating good today :toofunny: