Sign in to follow this  
Elle

2019 Update

Updated theme is definitely our priority as well! Our changes cannot be drastic regardless due to the nature of the website's composition. Thank you for your feedback! :)

Wait, woah, did @admin’s username change or? KGB? Russia? @Elle?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Wait, woah, did @admin’s username change or? KGB? Russia? @Elle?

Nope, she's someone else! She's my close irl friend who will be helping me with the site update, so I gave her admin privileges so she could access the CP to code in. (She's not part of the KGB or from Russia, just fooling around) xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Nope, she's someone else! She's my close irl friend who will be helping me with the site update, so I gave her admin privileges so she could access the CP to code in. (She's not part of the KGB or from Russia, just fooling around) xx

Oh, phew, I was really confused there for a second lol, I thought you had made an alter ego or something. xD

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Oh, phew, I was really confused there for a second lol, I thought you had made an alter ego or something. xD

Wouldn’t be my first I guess lol. Her profile is a picture of the three of us! I’m in the middle and she’s on the right - our other best friend kate is on the left :)

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Why would you tell them my secrets :(

Why would you tell them my secrets :(

OopsieWoopsie! X

Hello, I am Elle's personal friend who is assisting in updating LanaBoards (mentioned previously on this thread). 

That being said, we have a couple of ideas already for design updates (see Elle's posts above). Other than the ones previously approved, what are pressing design/functionality updates that y'all would like to see? We obviously will not be able to fulfill every request due to time and technical constraints, but we will do our best to field requests. The background image is going to be updated ASAP to an NFR theme. 

~Melissa :)

Hi Melissa! The website isn't recognized as secure, I guess because it doesn't have a HTTPS or SSL certificate (from what I can see). I think the SSL and HTTPS would make the site look non-dangerous and I think it may actually help with security! I've heard of websites or services that allow you to register for free. I honestly have no idea how you would go about obtaining one.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Hi Melissa! The website isn't recognized as secure, I guess because it doesn't have a HTTPS or SSL certificate (from what I can see). I think the SSL and HTTPS would make the site look non-dangerous and I think it may actually help with security! I've heard of websites or services that allow you to register for free. I honestly have no idea how you would go about obtaining one.

That’s a very good suggestion! :) We will definitely be looking into this.

Just curious but when are we going to see the new theme/any changes? Just an aprox date, it's ok if it's not specific. It would be nice also to have an alternative dark theme if more ppl would like that. I love dark themes! Maybe add as main theme the one you plan to work on for the most part and get as alternative one of the free dark themes from ipboard marketplace/or other alt site of your choice? And IMHO no need for app creation. Forums don't need phone apps generally. Just a good responsive theme to keep working smoothly each time you update the forum's IPS version. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Well we reached 2020 without any update. Cmon it would take such a short amount of time. Less than uploading photos, making a thread and and embedding them in a post which seems to be very frequent activity!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Well we reached 2020 without any update. Cmon it would take such a short amount of time. Less than uploading photos, making a thread and and embedding them in a post which seems to be very frequent activity!

Really, dude? 

There's actually a fair bit of work involved, especially if code needs to be adjusted to accommodate different sized images, etc. 

Who are you to come on a FREE site and complain about the lack of a (purely aesthetic) adjustment?

How about Elle does it when she fucking feels like it? 

Jesus Christ. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Really, dude? 

There's actually a fair bit of work involved, especially if code needs to be adjusted to accommodate different sized images, etc. 

Who are you to come on a FREE site and complain about the lack of a (purely aesthetic) adjustment?

How about Elle does it when she fucking feels like it? 

Jesus Christ. 

Calm down. To change the background requires one url being copied and pasted. It's hardly unreasonable to chase up something that has been promised for months.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Calm down. To change the background requires one url being copied and pasted. It's hardly unreasonable to chase up something that has been promised for months.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions about what is involved, though, and as I said - she'll do it when she wants to. People have lives 'n' shit.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions about what is involved, though, and as I said - she'll do it when she wants to. People have lives 'n' shit.

It's a fact that to change the background and site logo is just a URL. Which is less work than publishing a single thread with multiple embedded images which is done very routinely.

It's a fact that to change the background and site logo is just a URL. Which is less work than publishing a single thread with multiple embedded images which is done very routinely.

Right but she might be changing other things, too - such as the layout.

The fact remains: she'll do it when she wants to.

Right but she might be changing other things, too - such as the layout.

The fact remains: she'll do it when she wants to.

Thank you for assuming the role of the unofficial spokesperson of the website admin

You are correct. It is a simple link that changes the background. However, the website’s design is based off of a niche software template that has zero organization, and the main difficulty we have been encountering is finding where the link is and having it not break the site (which sounds ridiculous because it’s just a link, but it’s happened before). To not go into too much detail about what exactly the issues are, it is not as simple as it seems, and Elle and I both have full time jobs, and I’m a developer, so I say this as someone with experience.

So please have patience and understand that things are not always as easy as they seem.

Thank you :)