SlowGinFizzzz

The Legend of Zelda

8 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

I mean, it looks amazing, but like... I'm not quite sure what exactly they've been working on for the last six years? So far it's kinda giving DLC more than "whole new game". 

An epic adventure across the land and skies of Hyrule awaits in The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom for Nintendo Switch. The adventure is yours to create in a world fueled by your imagination. In this sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, you’ll decide your own path through the sprawling landscapes of Hyrule and the mysterious islands floating in the vast skies above. Can you harness the power of Link’s new abilities to fight back against the malevolent forces that threaten the kingdom?

So I guess this means we can craft vehicles? 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

ok im hyped I loved BOTW (even though I never took the time to actually fight ganon lmao :toofunny:I think it'll be really hard to make it better and based off the trailers it looks like TOTK will probably be just as good but nothing more and im fine with that :true: and it comes out the day b4 my birthday so slay 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I am so happy, I have been hoping, wishing, dreaming of getting ReDeads in this game and it looks like my wish will come true?? After years of hoping for them aaaaahhhh I'm so, SO excited! They scared the shit out of me when I was a kid (and probably still would if I played the games again, but they're left home so I can't play them at the moment) and I thought there's nothing scarier than them and they'd suit the game perfectly when it was described to be darker than Majora's Mask. *happy sigh*

Also can't wait to nyoom and zoom across Hyrule with those mecha transportation tools lmao, they look ridiculous but I'm here for them.

And Ganondaddy has a voice now?? And he did a Dimitri and really said "kill every last one of them"? Not to sound insane, but I'm really hyped to see Hyrule burn to ashes, those gameplay scenes they showed looked amazing. Really dark and dramatic. Go off demon king, I'm on your side. :hawt:

But also, did you see how prettily Epona galloped? A horsie needs peace so I'm also happy to restore Hyrule to peace for her sake, because I'm on my horse friend's side as well. :agree:

I think the map will be smaller this time, with more action in it. But it won't necessarily feel smaller because we seem to be able to explore under ground, Hyrule itself plus the sky. And we're getting proper dungeons? A fangirl couldn't ask for more. :xcry:

Like, shit, seeing this trailer hyped me upppppp, I can't wait to play this game. :trisha: Went to sleep happy, woke up happy, today's gonna be good. I'm done blabbering for now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

9 hours ago, pin up galore said:

ok im hyped I loved BOTW (even though I never took the time to actually fight ganon lmao :toofunny:I think it'll be really hard to make it better and based off the trailers it looks like TOTK will probably be just as good but nothing more and im fine with that :true: and it comes out the day b4 my birthday so slay 

Dw you missed nothing with the Ganon fight… it was soooo underwhelming and then straight after you walk out of the castle like nothing ever happened 

FzytWEW.png

31 minutes ago, renaissance said:

Dw you missed nothing with the Ganon fight… it was soooo underwhelming and then straight after you walk out of the castle like nothing ever happened 

I replayed the final battle immediately because I wasn’t sure that was all. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

super underwhelmed by the new trailer :( this is my most hyped game everrrrrrrr but the trailer was giving nothinggggg

considering its reusing the BOTW engine & assets, and yet has been in development for 5+ years, im expecting there to be a MAMMOTH amount of new things, new gameplay, a really long story, tons of side quests, heaps of new creatures and areas and things to do etc etc but every time we get a shot of Hyrule and its like 90% the exact same it is SO disheartening. I know they're hiding a lot of stuff so that players will be surprised and whatever, but I feel like its gonna be a looong 3 months til the game comes out at this point, and not a whole lot to be hyped about atm

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

20 hours ago, American Whore said:

WE GOT ORACLE OF AGES & SEASONS 

WHAT!? TELL ME YOU ARENT KIDDING IM SO BEHIND ON ALL NEWS

"Don’t forget me"

39 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

WHAT!? TELL ME YOU ARENT KIDDING IM SO BEHIND ON ALL NEWS

it'll be added in the future to NSO with gameboy & gameboy advance's games now being added to it :party: we won. we already got the minish cap now on switch through that service too!! 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

11 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I am so happy, I have been hoping, wishing, dreaming of getting ReDeads in this game and it looks like my wish will come true?? After years of hoping for them aaaaahhhh I'm so, SO excited! They scared the shit out of me when I was a kid (and probably still would if I played the games again, but they're left home so I can't play them at the moment) and I thought there's nothing scarier than them and they'd suit the game perfectly when it was described to be darker than Majora's Mask. *happy sigh*

Also can't wait to nyoom and zoom across Hyrule with those mecha transportation tools lmao, they look ridiculous but I'm here for them.

And Ganondaddy has a voice now?? And he did a Dimitri and really said "kill every last one of them"? Not to sound insane, but I'm really hyped to see Hyrule burn to ashes, those gameplay scenes they showed looked amazing. Really dark and dramatic. Go off demon king, I'm on your side. :hawt:

But also, did you see how prettily Epona galloped? A horsie needs peace so I'm also happy to restore Hyrule to peace for her sake, because I'm on my horse friend's side as well. :agree:

I think the map will be smaller this time, with more action in it. But it won't necessarily feel smaller because we seem to be able to explore under ground, Hyrule itself plus the sky. And we're getting proper dungeons? A fangirl couldn't ask for more. :xcry:

Like, shit, seeing this trailer hyped me upppppp, I can't wait to play this game. :trisha: Went to sleep happy, woke up happy, today's gonna be good. I'm done blabbering for now.

It looks VERY Twilight Princess-y to me, like mixed with BOTW which is all i could ask for :party:

TP is my favorite 3D Zelda game, very close second is BOTW and if this mixes those two, i'm gonna fucking SCREAM

there's little ghost like spirits that look like tears? you first notice it in the scene where it shows the Bokoblins at a campsite, bottom right side. so i guess that's what this game's main focus will be? it reminds me of the twilight spirits in TP though. like if midna makes a return or an appearance of some sort i'll fucking die right knowing that this game connects to that game (although i know it probably won't.) it'd be nice to see this game connect some of the others though like that. it also seems like with the sky islands, this'll be what they really wanted Skyward Sword to be, which would be really cool to compare the two once we finally have TOTK

ugh it's so weird finally getting a true direct sequel to a 3D zelda finally!!!! it's been since OOT/MM since we had a true continuation of a 3D zelda in the traditional 3D format like this, i'm so fuckign H Y P E D

also, it'd be cool if we see some older items being referenced in this game. it looked like we'll have a multi shot bow in one scene? vehicles are gonna be weirdly fun lol but it might be a mechanic i'll ignore, to tell the truth. i never used horses or the motorcycle in BOTW. i want to see more of Link's new arm powers. the reverse water drip, the time reversal, maybe some sort of grappling mechanic could return possibly??? UGHHHHHH

also!! THE NEW AMIIBO!!! IT LOOKS SO GOOD! and the new amiibo functionality to give your paraglider skins?!?!?! :trisha: we won with this game, Nintendo truly is outdoing itself with what we've seen so far. i'm so scared to say it looks better than BOTW but.,..... it kind of does???? LIKE I'M MORE EXCITED FOR THIS THAN I WAS FOR BOTW :bodyisready:

10 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

super underwhelmed by the new trailer :( this is my most hyped game everrrrrrrr but the trailer was giving nothinggggg

considering its reusing the BOTW engine & assets, and yet has been in development for 5+ years, im expecting there to be a MAMMOTH amount of new things, new gameplay, a really long story, tons of side quests, heaps of new creatures and areas and things to do etc etc but every time we get a shot of Hyrule and its like 90% the exact same it is SO disheartening. I know they're hiding a lot of stuff so that players will be surprised and whatever, but I feel like its gonna be a looong 3 months til the game comes out at this point, and not a whole lot to be hyped about atm

there's still so much we haven't seen and for me, i'm seeing major differences between hyrule and what's happening with the world. it looks totally different to me, but idk we'll see what happens i guess. like i know it shares assets and reused map, but 5 years went into this game, so i know absolutely that there'll be stuff we haven't even seen. 

giphy.gif

after rewatching the trailer a million times as well as analysis videos im starting to get my hype back again. There's always cool little secrets in these trailers- the three headed dragon, what looks like a giant ring-shaped thing on dueling peaks(?) etc.. I still think the trailer was a bit disappointing. Honestly with such a long development time, I'm expecting something GRAND- e.g. an enormous sky area to explore as well as an enormous underground cavern system or something. Like there has to be more environmental changes than what they're showing cause it just isnt justifying the development time. But im sure ill be eating my words on May 12th, like.. ive replayed BOTW 4 times and it truly never gets old. I have total faith in the Zelda development team to make an incredible game, I just need them to SHOW IT TO US :toofunny:

gLoD.gif

@American Whore I don't see anything resembling Twilight Princess, except for the spirit orbs. But they were already in BotW so that's not necessarily anything new. Care to elaborate your thoughts? :) I know people have speculated whether Midna will return or not, but I don't think she will. The "twili" patterns shown in the trailers are maybe Zonai stuff, or just... general ancient stuff. I don't think we'll see a return of the Twili, which I'm pretty happy for because I think TP ended in a great way. :3 Fi though? I don't think she'll appear either buuuuut I loved the hint that she's alive, somehow, in that sword.

And how did you never use horses in BotW omgggg they're my best friends lmao :lmao:

I'd fangirl more here but I'd just repeat what I've chatted with my Zelda fans and I don't feel like doing that right now. :toofunny:

@Psychedelic Pussy Yesss, I'm pretty sure that 3-headed dragon is a Gleeok! I just know I'm gonna be a coward when fighting it lol. :toofunny: And I the trailers they've shown us are really just teasers, I'm sure there's tons of stuff they'll let players explore on their own. That's what made BotW so fun after all! :)

Spoiler

First trailer: showcasing the narrative/story and main characters, telling fans a game is on its way. (loved watching this as a fan)

Second trailer: more showcasing of the story, gameplay of the sky, a few game mechanics.

Third trailer: generous display of the world, revealing that they'll keep the voice acting, more focused on action, gameplay and mechanics. (loved watching this as a future game developer)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, Beautiful Loser said:

@American Whore I don't see anything resembling Twilight Princess, except for the spirit orbs. But they were already in BotW so that's not necessarily anything new. Care to elaborate your thoughts? :) I know people have speculated whether Midna will return or not, but I don't think she will. The "twili" patterns shown in the trailers are maybe Zonai stuff, or just... general ancient stuff. I don't think we'll see a return of the Twili, which I'm pretty happy for because I think TP ended in a great way.

Im also getting big TP vibes actually, maybe it’s just from the more dark/sinister tone of the game & some of the fierce looking enemies (gleeok & those yellow dragon things)

I would love to see midna in this game oh my god I know it’s so unlikely but the ending to TP is so heartbreaking & I need to see midna come back :defeated:

I’ve seen lots of theories online that the twili and zonai are the same race or that they’re related, but we’ll have to see when the game comes out whether that has any truth to it

gLoD.gif

14 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Im also getting big TP vibes actually, maybe it’s just from the more dark/sinister tone of the game & some of the fierce looking enemies (gleeok & those yellow dragon things)

I would love to see midna in this game oh my god I know it’s so unlikely but the ending to TP is so heartbreaking & I need to see midna come back :defeated:

I’ve seen lots of theories online that the twili and zonai are the same race or that they’re related, but we’ll have to see when the game comes out whether that has any truth to it

this is kinda what i was thinking, that maybe there's relativity between the two races? or they're the same and we haven't been told that? it also could be that the zonai in this could be sinister themselves and that's what caused link and zelda to go searching for things underground, where she falls? since you can hear what we think is them whispering "help us" backwards in the song they've been playing throughout the trailers. 

giphy.gif

ALSO I wanted to say im so glad they're bringing back old staple monsters like Skulltulas and Redeads.. one of my biggest peeves with BOTW was the lack of variety with enemies. Always a Bokoblin, Moblin, Lizalfos or Chuchu. I know there were way more but those guys took up waaaay too much space when Zelda has so many iconic monsters they could've brought in. Hope we get way more :defeated:

gLoD.gif

Did y’all see that the collectors edition art book leaked online? Now THAT got me hyped

spoilers for what’s in it that got me super hyped:

Spoiler

HEAPS of new monsters & returning ones, most of which look so cool

weapon attachments / weapon crafting

2 new main characters shown off, one has the same name as the light sage in OoT(?)

GIANT MUSHROOM underground world?!?! It looks amazzzzingggg

heaps of other stuff but those were the main things. Some of the new outfits for Link looked really sick

gLoD.gif

34 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

@Psychedelic Pussy Yep, and I'm trying to stay away from the leak as much as possible! :P I heard from some of my staff friends at Zelda Universe that some of the art book illustrations were slightly spoiler-y.

it was! but ive been thinking about it, and they wouldn't want to spoil players' experience of the game- if say they opened the art book before sitting down to play- so I think its a safe bet that most of the things in the art book will end up revealed in one of the next trailers for the game. better wait just in case to be safe! :brows:

gLoD.gif