Beautiful Loser

Lana's lacking live performances - a discussion

I feel like Lana is just a bit too comfortable right now and has fallen into a plateau of sorts and her team isn't encouraging her to take risks. Even during LATTM the critiques about the setlist and the dancers were everywhere amongst fans, there's no way her team hasn't seen that at all. I get she's comfortable with the familiarity of this setlist and of having her friends dancing on stage with her but its to the detriment of her performances. I wish her managers would share this feedback with her and push her out of her comfort zone

I broke the printer at work and I'm feeling quite highly strung rn, so I'm going to rant:

In the recent Billboard (?) interview, and in reply to someone on Insta, Ed basically admitted they give her the freedom to do what she wants. That's obviously a very good thing in some ways, but in other ways it is not.

She is surrounded by "yes" people. She has admitted that she is lazy and nobody around her is willing to push her for whatever reason. This is why nothing ever changes. I mean, her idea of an overhaul is adding two new songs (NFR and Bartender - and not even singing half of the latter), carting out a peach tree and hanging some shit from the rafters of the stage. Yawn.

I don't know if it's because the people around her just lack vision or what, but it's frustrating.

This is a separate issue to her live shows but just to illustrate that point further: NFR's messy production. I know people keep saying that she purposely kept the production to a minimum on NFR but that's not the same as having messy production, and I'm sorry, but that's what it is. There are glaring errors - for example, the volume changes in HTD - which imo, are inexcusable. She admitted that she enjoys working with Jack because he doesn't say no to her, and doesn't tell her when something sucks "like other producers do". In other words, he's a "yes" person.

Nothing will ever change because the vast majority of her fans are enablers who think any feedback other than "OMG LANA ILY U R SO PERFECT" is mean. So like, she probably reads her insta comments, and thinks "oh yeah! They love my shows!" and it's true, most of them probably do. However, at the risk of sounding snobby, those are the same people who don't give a fuck about the deeper meaning of her art and I think Lanz has, for a long time, yearned to be taken more seriously as an artist. If she wants that, she needs to take risks and evolve, and that includes her shows, instead of being lazy and pandering to the masses.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i started boycotting her live shows after i saw her at the HOUSE OF BLUES in Anaheim. I thought it was cute that she added MTWBT but she's become to stagnant and her vocals live have declined. she just doesn't give the same energy as she use to.i miss 2011 live Lana!

2011 - 2013 Lana was the best Lana.  :icant:

I broke the printer at work and I'm feeling quite highly strung rn, so I'm going to rant:

In the recent Billboard (?) interview, and in reply to someone on Insta, Ed basically admitted they give her the freedom to do what she wants. That's obviously a very good thing in some ways, but in other ways it is not.

She is surrounded by "yes" people. She has admitted that she is lazy and nobody around her is willing to push her for whatever reason. This is why nothing ever changes. I mean, her idea of an overhaul is adding two new songs (NFR and Bartender - and not even singing half of the latter), carting out a peach tree and hanging some shit from the rafters of the stage. Yawn.

I don't know if it's because the people around her just lack vision or what, but it's frustrating.

This is a separate issue to her live shows but just to illustrate that point further: NFR's messy production. I know people keep saying that she purposely kept the production to a minimum on NFR but that's not the same as having messy production, and I'm sorry, but that's what it is. There are glaring errors - for example, the volume changes in HTD - which imo, are inexcusable. She admitted that she enjoys working with Jack because he doesn't say no to her, and doesn't tell her when something sucks "like other producers do". In other words, he's a "yes" person.

Nothing will ever change because the vast majority of her fans are enablers who think any feedback other than "OMG LANA ILY U R SO PERFECT" is mean. So like, she probably reads her insta comments, and thinks "oh yeah! They love my shows!" and it's true, most of them probably do. However, at the risk of sounding snobby, those are the same people who don't give a fuck about the deeper meaning of her art and I think Lanz has, for a long time, yearned to be taken more seriously as an artist. If she wants that, she needs to take risks and evolve, and that includes her shows, instead of being lazy and pandering to the masses.

That peach tree is a joke. She was suppose to put that peach tree out for the LFL tour since she references peaches so much on LFL. Why is it now on the NFR tour? She should have a surfing board somewhere on that stage. Or something that resembles a boat. A peach tree?! And then she takes a bite of the damn thing and throws it at the audience.  :facepalm:

I don't know what else to add that I didn't say in the Long Beach thread. Unless people stop buying tickets to her shows and she gets really bad reviews from critics nothing will change. But right now it seems everyone is enamored with her because of NFR. 

Her laziness is disgusting. 

That peach tree is a joke. She was suppose to put that peach tree out for the LFL tour since she references peaches so much on LFL. Why is it now on the NFR tour? She should have a surfing board somewhere on that stage. Or something that resembles a boat. A peach tree?! And then she takes a bite of the damn thing and throws it at the audience.  :facepalm:

I don't know what else to add that I didn't say in the Long Beach thread. Unless people stop buying tickets to her shows and she gets really bad reviews from critics nothing will change. But right now it seems everyone is enamored with her because of NFR. 

Her laziness is disgusting. 

Imagine a big sailboat prop on one side of the stage, some dry ice fog resembling water, changing lights for sunrise and sunset mood, .... all the possibilties that come with it :hooker:

Imagine a big sailboat prop on one side of the stage, some dry ice fog resembling water, changing lights for sunrise and sunset mood, .... all the possibilties that come with it :hooker:

I agree. But sadly that's too much work for Lana. Planting a peach tree is a far as she will go. What a fail. 

giphy.gif

Yeah, there are so many possibilities and that's why it's so frustrating that she opts to keep everything the same. Her shows don't have to be massive multi-million-dollar extravaganzas or anything, but some fresh ideas would not go astray.

Most importantly, I want her to actually sing. Did anyone see that clip from the night of the sound check where she said she was losing her voice? A few hours of sound checking should not cause her to lose her voice; it's not like she's belting. WTF? If her voice is really that fragile then it really is imperative that she stops vaping ...

I hate to say this because I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I am SO disappointed after seeing her at Jones Beach. I thought I was gonna cry each time a 7 year old song started. That was my 6th time seeing her, and not much has changed since the first time in 2015. She called it the "NFR!" tour and was saying things like "I can't wait to perform the album for you guys" and she plays 4 songs, 2 of which are Bartender and Doin Time (this is just a personal thing lmao). Just so, so disappointed. And if she adds the songs to the setlist later, then that's good for everyone else, but I'll be even MORE pissed tbh. 

Yeah, there are so many possibilities and that's why it's so frustrating that she opts to keep everything the same. Her shows don't have to be massive multi-million-dollar extravaganzas or anything, but some fresh ideas would not go astray.

Most importantly, I want her to actually sing. Did anyone see that clip from the night of the sound check where she said she was losing her voice? A few hours of sound checking should not cause her to lose her voice; it's not like she's belting. WTF? If her voice is really that fragile then it really is imperative that she stops vaping ...

does this actually exist? if so, that's pretty disappointing from her tbh.. if you say you're a singer (see her "thank u" facebook post), your main job is to preserve your voice and try to improve, not get worse lmao

She could be losing her voice thanks to years of cigarettes and now vaping. 

This is just depressing. 

does this actually exist? if so, that's pretty disappointing from her tbh.. if you say you're a singer (see her "thank u" facebook post), your main job is to preserve your voice and try to improve, not get worse lmao

Yes, I found it on insta ... I'll look for it when I have more time and post the link.

Maybe she just had a bit of a cold or something, idk.

...and see a vocal couch. She doesn't see one. Even Mariah and Celine have vocal coaches! 

not to be a square but her vaping *really* bothers me ... idk if that's what's impacting her voice/breath control issues but regardless it's like,, has she not seen any of the articles?? does she not care? besides the fact that vaping has been and will continue to be cringey af (be mad at me idc) it's literally killing people like 

UbsOye5.png

not to be a square but her vaping *really* bothers me ... idk if that's what's impacting her voice/breath control issues but regardless it's like,, has she not seen any of the articles?? does she not care? besides the fact that vaping has been and will continue to be cringey af (be mad at me idc) it's literally killing people like 

Yes, but personally I much rather have her vaping than smoking, and the latter seems to be more dangerous to health & vocals as well. Ever since she's picked up vaping I haven't noticed her with a cigarette, and I assume she'd been smoking for close to two decades now. Especially since she's using vaping to wean off smoking rather than vaping for the trend, I don't mind it so much as long as it means no cigarettes. It's hard to quit, so her vaping is just one step closer to eventually giving up the habit for good x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Yes, but personally I much rather have her vaping than smoking, and the latter seems to be more dangerous to health & vocals as well. Ever since she's picked up vaping I haven't noticed her with a cigarette, and I assume she'd been smoking for close to two decades now. Especially since she's using vaping to wean off smoking rather than vaping for the trend, I don't mind it so much as long as it means no cigarettes. It's hard to quit, so her vaping is just one step closer to eventually giving up the habit for good x

i mean, hate both  :toofunny: smoking kills slowly over time, vaping is giving lung diseases (& death) to teens and young adults who otherwise are in good health... i'd rather her not do either. did she say she was vaping to get off cigarettes?? i didn't know that. good for her!! but i still just don't want her touching either :/ i know recovering from addiction is incredibly hard and takes a lot of willpower and self determination (and outside help) but idk i'm just fjdhgvhjdfgshj concerned for her health. i wish she hadn't started either in the first place (i'm sorry i probably sound like everyone's least favorite mom but :rip: smoking in general just Really bothers me and i don't have the patience to be nice about it. it's all around evil)

anyways i hope yall don't hate me or get offended i just don't want anything to happen to her hsfdkhjgkh

edit: also should say that vaping is an addiction of it's own and i have friends who say they wanna quit, especially with all the articles coming out recently, but really don't seem to be making any effort like they know it's bad but think "that won't happen to me though" everyone thinks they're invincible until they're not. i might be a little bitter and projecting my friends onto lana but she doesn't seem to take it very seriously either, vaping on stage?? posting vids vaping to ariana grande and laughing when she said "don't vape" doesn't seem like she's really that concerned imo. i know it's her choice but i'm allowed to be concerned too 

UbsOye5.png

i mean, hate both  :toofunny: smoking kills slowly over time, vaping is giving lung diseases (& death) to teens and young adults who otherwise are in good health... i'd rather her not do either. did she say she was vaping to get off cigarettes?? i didn't know that. good for her!! but i still just don't want her touching either :/ i know recovering from addiction is incredibly hard and takes a lot of willpower and self determination (and outside help) but idk i'm just fjdhgvhjdfgshj concerned for her health. i wish she hadn't started either in the first place (i'm sorry i probably sound like everyone's least favorite mom but :rip: smoking in general just Really bothers me and i don't have the patience to be nice about it. it's all around evil)

anyways i hope yall don't hate me or get offended i just don't want anything to happen to her hsfdkhjgkh

No, I agree with you that I rather her do neither! It's good to be concerned, because both aren't good for her. But if she must do one, I just personally rather her vape, but since she does seem to be moving away from the habit overall, I'm hoping this is just another step until she eventually stops x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Vaping is MORE dangerous them cigarettes because it has MORE nicotine and chemicals then cigarettes. People are literally dying from vaping on the spot. As crazy as this will sound, Lana's safer smoking cigarettes then Vaping. Vaping destroys lungs 10 X faster then cigerettes. Imagine what it's doing to her vocal cords. 

This is from a day ago

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/death-toll-vaping-lung-disease-20312159

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/health/vaping-lung-illness-illinois-teen-profile/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/31/health/vaping-marijuana-ecigarettes-sickness.html

If she wanted to quit smoking, aren’t there nicotine patches or gum she could’ve bought instead? :noparty:

Absolutely. Takes about 2 weeks for the waning off to be complete.Lana has no interest in quitting anything. She would have gotten those patches and have been done and over with it.

Vaping just happens to have more toxic chemicals and nicotine so it's just as hard to quit. By the time some people want to quit, they are either dead or in the hospital with collapse lungs. 

Vaping just happens to have more toxic chemicals and nicotine so it's just as hard to quit. By the time some people want to quit, they are either dead or in the hospital with collapse lungs.

Omg, I don’t want this to happen to her!! :poordat:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png