ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

No surprises so far. But there are definitely a few very interesting and revealing reviews where it feels like the person reviewing the album is quite aware that she's having a moment, ''last laugh'' kind of moment, and they don't want to join in for obvious reasons. Giving this album 3 stars is straight up trolling. :lmao:

No surprises so far. But there are definitely a few very interesting and revealing reviews where it feels like the person reviewing the album is quite aware that she's having a moment, ''last laugh'' kind of moment, and they don't want to join in for obvious reasons. Giving this album 3 stars is straight up trolling. :lmao:

Ah, the male ego...  :creep: if only she would write about that instead of only writing depressing dirges about horrible men  :hooker: 

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Spin, Paste, NYT and Drowned in Sound usually give her good scores, Sputnik will probably give her a good one too if we take that other review in consideration. Pitchfork, Consequence of Sound, tiny mixtapes and AV Club are tough ones but I'm confident about pitchfork's review because the woman who's writing it said a lot of positive things about NFR on her twitter. Anyway let's wait, I still think the album could end up with a +85 score.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Spin, Paste, NYT and Drowned in Sound usually give her good scores, Sputnik will probably give her a good one too if we take that other review in consideration. Pitchfork, Consequence of Sound, tiny mixtapes and AV Club are tough ones but I'm confident about pitchfork's review because the woman who's writing it said a lot of positive things about NFR on her twitter. Anyway let's wait, I still think the album could end up with a +85 score.

She just tweeted that she listened to NFR while on mushrooms the entire day and thinks it's the album of the year so we're in for a treat lol

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Vulture review, it's pretty positive but I think only their movie reviews count for metacritic: https://www.vulture.com/2019/08/album-review-lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell.html

With Norman Fucking Rockwell!, an hour of contemplative folk-rock tunes and lovelorn piano ballads coated in the flavors and the lore of the ’60s, Del Rey completes the tapestry she’s been sketching out since breaking through in 2011 with the ethereal, dour “Video Games.” It’s an achievement worthy of the constellation of classic rock gems it counts among its influences.

:toofunny: 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

the guardian man is a piece of shite. he gave 60 to lover, nfr, sweetener, the gift, cuz i love you and solange. commented that lover was "too long" with 18 songs, but the same man gave 80 to 25-track drake album. said that lana keeps making same songs but gave 80 to ed sheeran? double standarts at its finest

Vulture review, it's pretty positive but I think only their movie reviews count for metacritic: https://www.vulture.com/2019/08/album-review-lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell.html

With Norman Fucking Rockwell!, an hour of contemplative folk-rock tunes and lovelorn piano ballads coated in the flavors and the lore of the ’60s, Del Rey completes the tapestry she’s been sketching out since breaking through in 2011 with the ethereal, dour “Video Games.” It’s an achievement worthy of the constellation of classic rock gems it counts among its influences.

:toofunny: 

I wonder what the reviews would be if it didnt have Jack Antonoff mark on it.

LA Times counts. The Atlantic doesn't

Lol, the LA Times review is already posted on Metacritic too, they gave NFR an 80 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

ajays coming girls and gays

Omg I was about to post about it lol. She just tweeted ''ready?'' 4 minutes ago. Excited for THE review lol

the guardian man is a piece of shite. he gave 60 to lover, nfr, sweetener, the gift, cuz i love you and solange. commented that lover was "too long" with 18 songs, but the same man gave 80 to 25-track drake album. said that lana keeps making same songs but gave 80 to ed sheeran? double standarts at its finest

I haven’t read his reviews but like, if I were his boss, I’d ask him what’s going on like?? I get that an album can feel too long if it’s not your taste in music, but yikes, to give 80 to an album with 25 tracks? The longer one must clearly have some dull fillers if I’m trying to be logical??

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png