Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Oh it rubbed me the right way

More explicit album titles PLEASE

It’s not so much the fact that it’s explicit but something about the title just sounds tacky as all hell. Like the “Fucking” is there just because. It doesn’t add anything imo

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

An album titled "White Hot Forever" should definitely have a psychedelic, grungy rock sound. Something in the same vein as Cruel World, Freak, Guns & Roses, Wayamaya. I'd hate this see this album be full of piano ballads, not that I dislike them or anything. I feel like NFR was a huge improvement from LFL and I want her to continue the momentum and reach out of her comfort zone. 

NFR was Lana being too comfortable in her own ways and not reaching for higher heights. Agree that it was a much needed improvement from LFL, but with a closing track like Get Free I expected Lana to go down some weird/ethereal psychedelic and/or doo-wop road, but she instead went for the safe "cute & light acoustic" freeway. It paid off from a "critical" point of view, but to be honest critics acting like Lana is at her peak when she couldn't be more beige and generic is quite the insult to her past records. But I've made my case already.

Personally speaking White Hot Forever better not be some tedious piano/acoustic guitar driven album. It better pop off. Without going back to an Ultraviolence type of sound, I feel like with an album title like that she could easily make some intense, summery and psychedelic tunes. Anything but the flat and dry sound of NFR will do at this point for me.

NFR was Lana being too comfortable in her own ways and not reaching for higher heights. Agree that it was a much needed improvement from LFL, but with a closing track like Get Free I expected Lana to go down some weird/ethereal psychedelic and/or doo-wop road, but she instead went for the safe "cute & light acoustic" freeway. It paid off from a "critical" point of view, but to be honest critics acting like Lana is at her peak when she couldn't be more beige and generic is quite the insult to her past records. But I've made my point already.

Personally speaking White Hot Forever better not be some tedious piano/acoustic guitar driven album. It better pop off. Without going back to an Ultraviolence type of sound, I feel like with an album title like that she could easily make some intense, summery and psychedelic tunes. Anything but the flat and dry sound of NFR will do at this point for me.

Don’t forget, the original NFR sessions had some of those doowap tracks. She said she had a few before the album became what it is today. Those demos i truly hope leak bc we all know she won’t use them

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Don’t forget, the original NFR sessions had some of those doowap tracks. She said she had a few before the album became what it is today. Those demos i truly hope leak bc we all know she won’t use them

We also all know that they were probably more interesting concept of songs than the alleged "Red Hot Chilly Peppers influences" we supposedly ended up having. Just saying. The way Lana describes her albums prior to their release never cease to amaze me. 

We also all know that they were probably more interesting concept of songs than the alleged "Red Hot Chilly Peppers influences" we supposedly ended up having. Just saying. The way Lana describes her albums prior to their release never cease to amaze me. 

Oh I totally forgot about the "Red Hot Chili Peppers Influence"! I'm wondering what some of the early outtakes/demos from this album could possibly sound like. Didn't she record an album with a band prior to NFR? Her music process absolutely fascinates me and it's crazy knowing that she's recorded so much over time, I'd love to hear the demos from this era because I feel like these songs may be more emotionally effective and enriching with a different, more raw sound. 

But when it comes to LDR7, I really don't mind if she goes with a similar acoustic sound but I really want her to take her vision seriously and have confidence in her ability because she is totally capable of it. I want to have an album full of beautiful songs that show a maturity in her writing and approach, with better production and better panning. Also MVs that suit the song. 

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

is it possible she might change the name of the record? I feel like she mentioned this in an interview after Norman, that she wasn't sure if it'll still be called "WHF" 

I wish she would release a "Trust No One" record, that would be so iconic and match Paradise on her hand 

Oh I totally forgot about the "Red Hot Chili Peppers Influence"! I'm wondering what some of the early outtakes/demos from this album could possibly sound like. Didn't she record an album with a band prior to NFR? Her music process absolutely fascinates me and it's crazy knowing that she's recorded so much over time, I'd love to hear the demos from this era because I feel like these songs may be more emotionally effective and enriching with a different, more raw sound. 

But when it comes to LDR7, I really don't mind if she goes with a similar acoustic sound but I really want her to take her vision seriously and have confidence in her ability because she is totally capable of it. I want to have an album full of beautiful songs that show a maturity in her writing and approach, with better production and better panning. Also MVs that suit the song. 

Musically Lana is capable of so much more than what she has displayed on NFR. I feel like the album was just too surface level for Lana. The fact that she says she has recorded a full rock album with Miles Kane but doesn't want us to hear it is shady. Her music process post Honeymoon doesn't fascinate me as much as what it used to to be honest. I feel like Honeymoon is the last album from Lana on which she gets in the studio and she has a full concept for a record and wants it to have like "x" amount of songs and sound a very specific way.

Both LFL and NFR differ from that. I feel like nowadays Lana just gets in the studio and records song after song; cherrypicks what she likes most and makes a record with that. There's not the same attention to detail or intention to make a cohesive album with a specific sound/production and, dare I say, concept album? Didn't Jack say in an interview that he and Lana they basically met and just recorded a bunch of songs and never really stop? Also, on LFL, while the album's roll out was rushed due to leaks, I feel like Lana kept going back to the cutting board to add/remove songs (still can't believe that we have Coachella, but never got Yosemite). 

The real surprise on White Hot Forever/LP7 to me would be that Lana actually has a concept this time around.

Musically Lana is capable of so much more than what she has displayed on NFR. I feel like the album was just too surface level for Lana. The fact that she says she has recorded a full rock album with Miles Kane but doesn't want us to hear it is shady. Her music process post Honeymoon doesn't fascinate me as much as what it used to to be honest. I feel like Honeymoon is the last album from Lana on which she gets in the studio and she has a full concept for a record and wants it to have like "x" amount of songs and sound a very specific way.

Both LFL and NFR differ from that. I feel like nowadays Lana just gets in the studio and records song after song; cherrypicks what she likes most and makes a record with that. There's not the same attention to detail or intention to make a cohesive album with a specific sound/production and, dare I say, concept album? Didn't Jack say in an interview that he and Lana they basically met and just recorded a bunch of songs and never really stop? Also, on LFL, while the album's roll out was rushed due to leaks, I feel like Lana kept going back to the cutting board to add/remove songs (still can't believe that we have Coachella, but never got Yosemite). 

The real surprise on White Hot Forever/LP7 to me would be that Lana actually has a concept this time around.

This is what gets me frustrated, I would really love to hear this album because it's so mysterious and intriguing, I love rock Lana. Perhaps she didn't release it because she felt a little scared to release something that was more daring in terms of sound, especially after LFL which would be a huge difference in sound. I guess we wouldn't be able to know unless we get some of the tracks either a leak or she decides to release them. Makes me wonder what other stuff she recorded we don't know about. I mean, there's an entirely different version of AKA which we only have one track from so far. The original UV before Dan Auerbach. Her mixtape "The Phenomena Of Lizzy Grant". She's got a lot of stuff hidden away. It amazes me.

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

so when’s the release date? :hooker:

THIS YEAR!!!!!! i hope she says absolutely nothing about it and just let’s it drop at some point.

she already mentioned it a few weeks ago on one of her posts saying “norman’s having a year. i kind of feel bad for his little sister” meaning the next record

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

THIS YEAR!!!!!! i hope she says absolutely nothing about it and just let’s it drop at some point.

she already mentioned it a few weeks ago on one of her posts saying “norman’s having a year. i kind of feel bad for his little sister” meaning the next record

if this is another norman situation w the release date, i’m suing.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Didn't she say months ago that this album will have a surprise release...I hope she will stick to this plan

And I think the earliest we can expect this album to be released is in autumn or end of the year. We know that she has 3 songs recorded back in Oktober but she was still in tour in November and she delayed the spoken word alboom for a month and she mostly likely is working on it currently

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Didn't she say months ago that this album will have a surprise release...I hope she will stick to this plan

And I think the earliest we can expect this album to be released is in autumn or end of the year. We know that she has 3 songs recorded back in Oktober but she was still in tour in November and she delayed the spoken word alboom for a month and she mostly likely is working on it currently

Who knows? We said the same kind of thing when UV came out and then HM came out 15 months later which isn’t that much more than a year. I’d expect between June - October, but remember she also said she could jam out with her friends, record an album of covers in a day and release it the next day. So it could happen at any point, just more likely toward the later part of the year. Also, she made LFA in a day and released it asap so it could be as soon as she finishes the last track

giphy.gif

how reliable is the source who said she changed the name of the record from white hot forever?

"summertime, and the livin's easy"  :smokes3:

The source is Lana herself.

So... UNRELIABLE!

:hide:  i really loved the title so i hope she changes her mind

"summertime, and the livin's easy"  :smokes3:

The source is Lana herself.

So... UNRELIABLE!

Do you have a link? The only thing I've seen was a fan on Reddit claiming Lana told them she might change it.