Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Favourite lyrics from NFR

Well:

• NFR: why wait for the best when I could have you?

• MAC: they mistook my kindness for weakness, I fucked up but Jesus

• VB: back in the garden, we’re getting high now because we are older

• FIILY: I used to shoot my veins in neon, shit even brighter, you’re gone

• DT: oh take this veil from off my eyes, my burning sun will some day rise

• LS: I believe that you see me for who I am

• CG: but if you hold me without hurting me, you’ll be the first who ever did

• HTD: all of the guys tell me lies, but you don’t, you just crack another beer

• C: I wanted to call you but I didn’t say a thing

• TBAR: I see you for who you really are, why the thousand of girls love the way that bill plays guitar

• TG: Don’t leave me I just need a wake up call

• B: but that cherry coke you serve is fine

• HIAB: I was one thing now I’m being another

• HOPE: maybe I’ll get less stressed if I was tested less like all of these debutantes

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

- goddamn man child

- me myself i like diamonds, my baby crimson and clover

- kerosene in my hands, you make me mad, on fire again

- but i love that man, like nobody can

- you hate the heat, you got the blues, changing like the weather oh that's so like you

- i'll pick up all of your folks/vogues and all of your rolling stones

- that's something that i never knew i wanted, we play the eagles down in malibu

- sing it for my babies on the tourlyfe (i always found it adorable and i don't get the hate for this line)

My favorite line from the whole album is

You hate the heat, you got the blues, changing like the weather oh, that’s so like you...

But I also really like the lines

Goddamn man-child, you act like a kid even though you stand 6’2

&

I’ll pick you up if you come back to America, just hit me up. Cause this is crazy love, I’ll catch you on the flipside... if you come back to California, you should just hit me up

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

NFR - You make me bluuuuuuuuueeeeeee

MAC - 'Cause even in the dark, I feel your resistance/You can see my heart burning in the distance

VB - Back in the garden/We're getting high now because we're older/Me myself, I like diamonds baby, crimson and clover

FIILY - Turn the radio on, dancing to a pop song

LS - Is it safe, is it safe to just be who we are?

CG - Kerosene in my hands/You make me mad, on fire again

HTD - I watched the guys getting high as they fight/For the things that they hold dear/To forget the things they fear

CA - You hate the heat, you got the blues/Changing like the weather, oh, that's so like you/ The Santa Ana moves you

TNBAR - Whatever’s on tonight‚ I just wanna party with you

TG - I want shit to feel just like it used to/ When baby, I was doing nothin' the most of all

BT - Photo-free exits from baby's bedside

HIAB - If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that could happen to a girl that's already hurt? I'm already hurt

HIADT - They write that I'm happy, they know that I'm not/But at best, you can see I'm not sad

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

• NFR - "Why wait for the best when I could have you?"

• MAC - "I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus! Can't a girl just do the best she can?"

VB - "... As the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay" 

FIILY - "... If I wasn't so fucked up, I think I'd fuck you all the time"

DT - "She spreads her lovin' all over, and when she gets home, there's none left for me"

LS - "The taste, the touch, the way we love, It all comes down to make the sound of our love song"

CG - "If you hold me without hurting me, you'd be the first who ever did"

HTD - "I'm always going to be right here, no one's going anywhere"

C - "You're brighter than the brightest stars"

TNBAR - "He was '70s in spirit, '90s in his frame of mind"

TG - "Don't leave, I just need a wake-up call"

B - "... sometimes girls just want to have fun"

HIAB - "If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that could happen to a girl who's already hurt?"

HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI - "Monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off"

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

NFR: "You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you" (so genius, I dated a guy exactly like this and omggg this line is so ACCURATE)

MAC: "You took my sadness out of context at the Mariner's Apartment Complex; I aint no candle in the wind"

VB: "Give me Hallmark: one dream, one life, one lover"

FIILY: "I moved to California but it's just a state of mind / It turns out everywhere you go you take yourself that's not a lie"

DT: "The tension, it's getting hotter / I'd like to hold her head underwater"

LS: "The taste, the touch, the way we love, it all comes down to make the sound of our love song"

CG: "There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live; like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did" (god I relate SO FUCKIN MUCH)

HTD: "I know he's in over his head but I love that man like nobody can / He moves mountains then pounds them to ground again"

California: "You don't ever have to be stronger than you really are when you're lying in my arms"

TNBAR: "My baby used to dance underneath my architecture / He was '70s in spirit, '90s in his frame of mind"

TG: "Hawaii just missed that fireball / L.A. is in flames, it's getting hot / Kanye West is blind and gone / Life on Mars aint just a song"

Bartender: "Baby, remember, I'm not drinking wine, but that cherry coke you serve is fine and our love's sweet enough on the vine" (currently recovering from alcohol addiction so this line hit me hard)

HIAB: "Happiness is a butterfly / Try to catch it like every night / It escapes from my hands into moonlight"

HIADTFAWLMTH: literally the entire song lmfao

Wq9zHLl.jpg

NFR: Self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Canyon know-it-all. You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you. But I don't get bored, I just see you through.

MAC: Catch a wave and take in the sweetness. Think about it, the darkness, the deepness. All the things that make me who I am.

VB: Me myself, I like diamonds. My baby, crimson and clover.

FIILY: I met you on the boulevard, wind through my hair, you blew my mind. And if I wasn't so fucked up, I think I'd fuck you all the time.

LS: Dream a dream, here’s a scene. Touch me anywhere ’cause I'm your baby. Grab my waist, don’t waste any part. I believe that you see me for who I am. So spill my clothes on the floor of your new car. Is it safe, is it safe to just be who we are?

CG: Kerosene in my hands. You make me mad, on fire again.

HTD: I've got a kid and two cats in the yard. The California sun and the movie stars. I watch the skies getting light as I write. As I think about those years. As I whisper in your ear, I'm always going to be right here no one's going anywhere.

CA: You hate the heat, you got the blues. Changing like the weather, oh, that's so like you.

TNBAR: My baby used to dance underneath my architecture. He was '70s in spirit‚ '90s in his frame of mind.

TG: The whole entire songs! It’s just so amazing.

BAR: Baby, remember, I'm not drinking wine. But that Cherry Coke you serve is fine and our love's sweet enough on the vine.

HIAB: Obviously the line Sing it for my babies on the tour life, ah Sitting in your sweatshirt, crying in the backseat, ooh. I just wanna dance with you. Hollywood and Vine, Black Rabbit in the alley. I just wanna hold you tight down the avenue. I just wanna dance with you.

HIADT: The whole bridge

dNvtmdN.png

I’ll try to keep it short

NFR: Why wait for the best when I could have you?

MAC: Cause even in the dark I feel your resistance/You can see my heart burning in the distance/Baby, I’m your man

VB: You’re beautiful and I’m insane - we’re American made

FIILY: Chances/Jazz is in my veins, running out of time.

LS: I believe that you see me for who I am, so spill my clothes on the floor of your new car. Is it safe to just be who we are?

CG: there’s things I want to say to you, but I’ll just let you live.

HTD: I watch the skies getting light as I write and I think about those years, as I whisper in your ear “No one’s going anywhere. I’ll always be right here.”

California: You’re scared to win, scared to lose. I heard the war was really over if you choose the one in and around you. You hate the heat, you’ve got the blues. Changing like the weather, oh, that’s so like you. The Santa Ana moves you.

TNBAR: My baby used to dance underneath my architecture. We lost track of space, we lost track of time.

TG: We didn’t know that we had it all, but nobody warns you before the fall.

Bartender: Baby, remember, I’m not drinking wine, but that Cherry Coke you serve is fine.

HIAB: It escapes from my hands into moonlight.

HIADT: A modern day woman with a weak constitution ‘cause I’ve got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off. A gatekeeper carelessly dropping thr keys on my nights off.

my taste is probably questionable but I'm obsessed with Bartender right now 

I bought me a truck in the middle of the night
It'll buy me a year if I play my cards right
Photo free exits from baby's bedside
'Cause they don't yet know what car I drive

:defeated: 

NFR:  You don't know the half of the shit that you put me through
MAC:  You took my sadness out of context
VB:  Fear fun, fear love, fresh out of fucks, forever
FIILY:  Fuck it, I love you (literally, this is so fucking simple yet so genius)
LS:  Would like to think that you would stick around
CG : Violet, blue, green, red to keep me at arm's length don't work
HTD: But I love that man like nobody can, he moves mountains and pounds them to ground again
California: I'll pick up all of your Vogues and all of your Rolling Stones, your favorite liquor off the top-shelf
TNBAR: It's true, all the roads lead to you, like the 405 I drive through
TG: The culture is lit and I had a ball
Bartender: Baby, remember, I’m not drinking wine, but that Cherry Coke you serve is fine (Bart-t-t-tender)
HIAB: Do you want me or do you not? I heard one thing, now I'm hearing another
HIADT: A modern day woman with a weak constitution ‘cause I’ve got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off

most of em are my favs cause they relate to my life at one point or another, im a sad bitxh periodt