Sign in to follow this  
Harlem

Shakira

2 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Her last song is really catchy and plays with the whole Pique/Clara Chia scandal. People love nothing more than a woman who has been cheated on get revenge! Here in Spain is getting insane, didnt know she was so camp to put a witch in the balcony for her former mother in law to see!! :lmaoney: her mind 

That said, her music since Loba has not been that great, yes she has suceded in staying relevant by making generic reggaeton music with uninspired lyrics… But those songs get forgoten once the hype ends 

kinda wish she would write something like Donde están los Ladrones or Pies Descalzos or even Laundry Service, she has the brains for sure… her etnic instrumentals mixed with rock or even ska and clever lyrics where one of a kind 

Finally someone said it :gclap: 

tbh I despise the new song BUT I'm glad she released it because of its meaning and well, it's a hit, so good for her! But I truly don't like it :lolliney: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

8 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Finally someone said it :gclap: 

tbh I despise the new song BUT I'm glad she released it because of its meaning and well, it's a hit, so good for her! But I truly don't like it :lolliney: 

Its a shame cause I consider her very clever and camp with her lyrics plus she even produces her own stuff…

would love another Ciega, Sordomuda,  Octavo Día, Objeción Tango, Te Dejó Madrid, Poem to a Horse, Dont Bother, Gitana… Very unique to her style 

even when she explored new genres she succeeded like with La Tortura (One Big hit :kris:) or Las de la Intención! 

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Its a shame cause I consider her very clever and camp with her lyrics plus she even produces her own stuff…

would love another Ciega, Sordomuda,  Octavo Día, Objeción Tango, Te Dejó Madrid, Poem to a Horse, Dont Bother, Gitana… Very unique to her style 

even when she explored new genres she succeeded like with La Tortura (One Big hit :kris:) or Las de la Intención! 

OMG i found my people!

Sale el Sol was the last glimpse of "old" Shakira I saw.

On the brightside, nothing will ever be worse than that Black Eyed Peas ....thing.

Just now, EmptyPromises said:

OMG i found my people!

On the brightside, nothing will ever be worse than that Black Eyed Peas ....thing.

YES. Sale El Sol was the last album I liked of herse. All her older material is much better than most of her recent output. The only song I'm sure I liked from after Sale El Sol is Chasing Shadows, a bous track (:deadbanana:) on her 2014 self-titled.

I've been told however, that some tracks in El Dorado are worth listening so I guess I'll check it out as well.

1 minute ago, EmptyPromises said:

OMG i found my people!

I forgot Sale el Sol!!

Very inspiring lyrics and hook, the álbum overall was not that bad, maybe the singles werent my cup of tea but Tú Boca, Antes de las Seis and Devoción sounded great! Still Very danceable and true to her roots 

The spanish version of Cant Forget to Forget You (solo) is also a guilty pleasure of mine 

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

YES. Sale El Sol was the last album I liked of herse. All her older material is much better than most of her recent output. The only song I'm sure I liked from after Sale El Sol is Chasing Shadows, a bous track (:deadbanana:) on her 2014 self-titled.

I've been told however, that some tracks in El Dorado are worth listening so I guess I'll check it out as well.

The only songs I enjoy there maybe are Nada and Amarillo, And even those feel like a mellow version of Sale el Sol

mixed with the atroucious Chantaje, Trap And La Bicicleta :emma:

7 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

The only songs I enjoy there maybe are Nada and Amarillo, And even those feel like a mellow version of Sale el Sol

mixed with the atroucious Chantaje, Trap And La Bicicleta :emma:

Chantaje is from that album? :ohno: well now I know my first skip :lolliney:

7 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Chantaje is from that album? :ohno: well now I know my first skip :lolliney:

It is… hahahahah

latin popstars used to dominate the 00s like Paulina Rubio and Thalía, even Monica Naranjo (Spanish but very popular in México) and nowadays they either dont make music anymore or they have sold out to generic reggaeton! 

Paulina Rubio has a great self titled album full of hits and the follow ups until Ananda arent bad either… nowadays shes kind of a trainwreck And a mess wich I Love

Another horrible song… about the same! At this point she’s repeating herself and honestly, she looks a little like a fool… I get it, monetize your bad experiences, but don’t mention it in 4 songs already! And they all sound the same… also the lyrics are awful, is not like it’s tastefully written

she has previously written better heartbreak songs… hard to believe this is the same artist that created Donde Están Los Ladrones…

Ive already lost all hope in a cuality body of work from her… seems she’s only interested in the streams, money and exposure, not the art anymore 

6 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Watch the new album be full of reggaeton basic ass songs… 

the cover is cute though…

Not too keen on any of the 4 covers, but the vinyls look fantastic on the mock ups. :flutter: had to get the ruby version from fnac. Curious for the full album. Unlike many others, I also love her last albums, especially "Shakira." It's my favorite along with Laundry Service and Oral Fixation 2. 

Screenshot-20240215-183245.jpg

It was expensive watch it 

On 2/22/2024 at 5:24 AM, Anonymcomenter said:

Watch the new album be full of reggaeton basic ass songs… 

the cover is cute though…

ugh yeah it will be. not feeling this tbh.

Her self titled is really good, aside from a couple tracks is a very cohesive project and I like it a lot. Gotta revisit her older catalog but yeah I'm not feeling this new urban / TikTok trend pandering direction so yeah

10 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

ugh yeah it will be. not feeling this tbh.

Her self titled is really good, aside from a couple tracks is a very cohesive project and I like it a lot. Gotta revisit her older catalog but yeah I'm not feeling this new urban / TikTok trend pandering direction so yeah

I would recall Donde Están los Ladrones and Laundry Service as her best projects… the lyricism and the instrumentals (she used to produce all her stuff) are so unique to her style! Both Oral Fixations are good too, but they lack cohesion, tracklists in her case are always a mess. She Wolf is good but too short and, again, not cohesive at all. It has gems here and there tho like the title track and Gypsy. Sale el Sol and Shakira are good too but a little more basic. El Dorado is no doubt her worst! 

Don’t Wait Up is not outstanding or anything, but at least was a change of direction, sadly after her beef with Spanish hacienda made her go back to the cashgrab trash 

don’t get me wrong, reggaeton can be made cleverly, like she did with La Tortura (a BOP with one of her best lyrics in Spanish) but nowadays seems lazy 

5 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I would recall Donde Están los Ladrones and Laundry Service as her best projects… the lyricism and the instrumentals (she used to produce all her stuff) are so unique to her style! Both Oral Fixations are good too, but they lack cohesion, tracklists in her case are always a mess. She Wolf is good but too short and, again, not cohesive at all. It has gems here and there tho like the title track and Gypsy. Sale el Sol and Shakira are good too but a little more basic. El Dorado is no doubt her worst! 

Don’t Wait Up is not outstanding or anything, but at least was a change of direction, sadly after her beef with Spanish hacienda made her go back to the cashgrab trash 

don’t get me wrong, reggaeton can be made cleverly, like she did with La Tortura (a BOP with one of her best lyrics in Spanish) but nowadays seems lazy 

shakira is a legend but i guess not everyone is an album artist at the end of the day.

Laundry service, Oral Fixation vol.2 & and self-titled are my favs tho.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

8 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

shakira is a legend but i guess not everyone is an album artist at the end of the day.

Laundry service, Oral Fixation vol.2 & and self-titled are my favs tho.

I agree, but at this point she’s not a single artist either…