Sign in to follow this  
TRENCH

Pay-for-Play Was Banned From Radio — But Texts Reveal It May Still Be Thriving

12 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

These days people think Cardi B is good so I have pretty low expectations for chart music. Same goes for the boring trap beats and mumble rap, I can't really stand any of it. I don't think I've heard anything by Travis or Young Thug tbh, unless its Travis that has a song called M.I.A. They both came along recently (I think?) and I don't keep up anymore. I see lots of song titles but I don't hear any of it. I always expect all of the popular new stuff to be unlistenable.

I got an email there saying that Future will be on the remix of the song - probably to stop the embarrassment of it falling 50 places in one week.

Young Thug and Travis actually have a couple of good songs together...

and this one with Justin Bieber also on it

Theres another couple of older ones Pick Up The Phone which is the most popular and Yeah Yeah which is less popular but I like it better. Their recent songs they are on together I don't know how many there are but none of them are good.

I like Bottoms Up which features her, Feeling Myself, Rich Sex, I Endorse These Strippers, Plain Jane which features her, and especially Truffle Butters and Only

oh wait, this isn't the Nicki thread, I forgot

Edited by daisy fresh witch

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

2 minutes ago, daisy fresh witch said:

I like Bottoms Up which features her, Feeling Myself, Rich Sex, I Endorse These Strippers, Plain Jane which features her, and especially Truffle Butters and Only

oh wait, this isn't the Nicki thread, I forgot

It is now, I always quite liked Nicki also although never really listened to her own stuff but she always rapped well my favourites were Coca Coca by Gucci Mane ft her (and about 10 other people) and Sweet Dreams the Lil Wayne Remix of the Beyonce song.

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

It is now, I always quite liked Nicki also although never really listened to her own stuff but she always rapped well my favourites were Coca Coca by Gucci Mane ft her (and about 10 other people) and Sweet Dreams the Lil Wayne Remix of the Beyonce song.

I honestly prefer Cardi B. I'm kinda turned off by the vocal exaggerations she makes. but she definitely is a role model for me when it comes to "getting my money"

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

20 minutes ago, Barry said:

I got an email there saying that Future will be on the remix of the song - probably to stop the embarrassment of it falling 50 places in one week.

Young Thug and Travis actually have a couple of good songs together...

and this one with Justin Bieber also on it

Theres another couple of older ones Pick Up The Phone which is the most popular and Yeah Yeah which is less popular but I like it better. Their recent songs they are on together I don't know how many there are but none of them are good.

Playing Maria I'm Drunk but I can't stand the autotune.  I don't like the vocals on Skyfall either. It really ruins it for me to the extent I can't listen for over a minute. I just can't get past the vocals to be able to listen to the lyrics properly.

14 minutes ago, daisy fresh witch said:

I honestly prefer Cardi B. I'm kinda turned off by the vocal exaggerations she makes. but she definitely is a role model for me when it comes to "getting my money"

I like her as a character/person, her music is ok but i can't really get into it as I know it's manufactured and she probably doesn't have anything to do with it other than being a sort of Karaoke rapper. Like Nicki or others you can read into what they're saying but Cardi I don't think she has much input she's more a reality/social media star who's being marketed well to make money from music.

1 hour ago, daisy fresh witch said:

I’m pretending I didn’t read this because I like you :kiss:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Pinkprint is Nicki's best album period no lies no argument don't @ me.

Crying Game with Jesse Ware? icon

Get On Your Knees w Ariana Grande ? icon

Only w Drake and [REDACTED] ? icon

Feeling Myself w Beyonce? icon

Want Some More ? icon

Pills n Potion ? icon

Grand Piano? icon

Truffle Butter? icon 

Shanghai? icon

Win Again? icon

1 hour ago, Chemtrail said:

Playing Maria I'm Drunk but I can't stand the autotune.  I don't like the vocals on Skyfall either. It really ruins it for me to the extent I can't listen for over a minute. I just can't get past the vocals to be able to listen to the lyrics properly.

try this song... I can't tolerate his autotune voice either tbh 

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

idk why but burn was like fairly big over here

it always reminds me of one specific summer :toofunny:

It always takes me back to Cali :fabcat:

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

On 10/6/2020 at 6:58 PM, TRENCH said:

So payola is still alive and thriving like some have tried to publicly say the last few years

this is so embarrassing.... the labels could get into legal trouble again if someone decides to take to to court. Ironically it seems that Interscope [Lady Gaga, Selena Gomes, Eminem, Lana del Rey] didn't partake in this scandal...

I wish Interscope would play the same game as other labels, though. They suck are promoting, and a little payola would go a long way. I mean if everyone else is playing dirty, so should Interscope.

On a related note, I'm not shocked that Dua has benefitted from payola.:oop:

What's The Weeknd's label? :groundhog:

On 10/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, Oshawott said:

I wish Interscope would play the same game as other labels, though. They suck are promoting, and a little payola would go a long way. I mean if everyone else is playing dirty, so should Interscope.

On a related note, I'm not shocked that Dua has benefitted from payola.:oop:

Wait, isn't Dua under Interscope?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:43 AM, daisy fresh witch said:

I do not support these strippers

ur pfp and comment i :crying5:

On 10/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, TRENCH said:

Hope In Pay-for-Play Being Banned From Radio Is A Dangerous Thing For Me To Hold On To— But the Relealed Texts Show It May Still Be Thriving, Killed Me 

:suicide:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

On 10/11/2020 at 12:34 AM, NEAL said:

What's The Weeknd's label? :groundhog:

Wait, isn't Dua under Interscope?

Weeknd is under his own label, "XO" subsidiary of Republic Records, where the parent company is Universal Music

and Dua is under Warner Records [US and worldwide I think?] and Vertigo [which is under EMI and overall Universal Music/ Lana was signed with them Video Games-era] for the UK

On 10/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, TRENCH said:

Weeknd is under his own label, "XO" subsidiary of Republic Records, where the parent company is Universal Music

and Dua is under Warner Records [US and worldwide I think?] and Vertigo [which is under EMI and overall Universal Music/ Lana was signed with them Video Games-era] for the UK

Waiting for @evilentity coverage in #LanaRadio in the uncoverings of these incestuous~ web of record companies :)