Sign in to follow this  
Mileena

When people judge Lana

i find it quite funny. it's like people think they automatically have the right to judge another human being. people forget that she's not just here to entertain people and that she's a human being and she has feelings too. don't get me wrong, there's some lana songs i don't like and her looks aren't always my style - but so what? artists experiment with different music all the time, she's tried all sorts of genres and now she's found what suits her best. and as for looks, it's the same thing, but when people have to comment on her looks all the time like saying she looks 'old' on one picture or something like that, it's just mean and judgmental. she's a human being, not a barbie doll, she's not always going to look perfect because she's always out and making music.

again, don't think i agree with every single thing she does, because i'm not like that - i tell it how it is.

it does really annoy me though when i go on to a lana youtube video and there's just people bitching about her looks 24/7. she's clearly a gorgeous woman, so what's the big deal? and i would like to see someone that's commenting this shit look better than her, produce better music than her and become the face of a couple of big companies.

4r9w86.jpg

We're all judgmental to an extent, no matter how nice we are.

People can say whatever they want really, at the end of the day Lana be rolling around in her bed of millions with Barrie talking about Metaphysics and "mmmm mmmming" to each other while the rest of us work 9-5 like the scum we are.

i find it quite funny. it's like people think they automatically have the right to judge another human being.

Judgement is human nature. Whoever says "people shouldn't judge others," is full of shit and doesn't know what they're talking about. You judge someone the second you see them, whether it be internally or externally, and most of the time you aren't even aware you're passing judegment. It's what you do with your judgement that counts.

14417469274.gif

@hdb, okay what i said has been taken out of proportion. of course we all judge each other to some extent, i'm not fucking ignorant. but what i'm saying is, people are fucking stupid by commenting about her appearence all the time on her music videos. it's pointless and it's annoying when you're just trying to chill on a lana video.

4r9w86.jpg

@hdb, okay what i said has been taken out of proportion. of course we all judge each other to some extent, i'm not fucking ignorant. but what i'm saying is, people are fucking stupid by commenting about her appearence all the time on her music videos. it's pointless and it's annoying when you're just trying to chill on a lana video.

I didn't take it out of proportion, I was just making a point. I didn't imply you were ignorant or anything. I agree it's stupid that people stay focused on the appearance of Lana rather than her music, I just wanted to point out that general judgement is human nature, that's all.

14417469274.gif

hdb, i got pissed because someone's already pointed out - and i was aware beforehand. i'm not perfect at all, but it is pretty irritating when people think they can pick on other people all of the time. i'm not going to get into a rant about why it fucks me off, but i apologise if i came across as brash.

4r9w86.jpg

hdb, i got pissed because someone's already pointed out - and i was aware beforehand. i'm not perfect at all, but it is pretty irritating when people think they can pick on other people all of the time. i'm not going to get into a rant about why it fucks me off, but i apologise if i came across as brash.

Relaaxxx doll, it's fine. :( :hug:

14417469274.gif

TBH, I was a lot more judgey of other artists I didn't care for, before I came to this forum. Now, when I see/hear an artist I would have dismissed in the past, I'm like, "Oh, such-and-such likes them. Yeah, it does take some hard work and talent to get where they are. Good for them."

But some people live their whole lives without finding a group of supportive people like this forum is. Some subcultures/families/whatever force its members to depend on putting down others to get any respect themselves. I mostly feel sorry for those YouTube commenters who sound like they must be surrounded by that sort of one-upmanship all the time.

So you have a good point, CC. There's a big difference between thoughtful and thoughtless criticism.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

TBH, I was a lot more judgey of other artists I didn't care for

Remember when you censured me that one time on ye olde dot fm forum for, what was it, ending a sentence in a preposition? Now PrettyBaby, what do we have here? Not only the same thing for which you once rebuked me, but judgey??? JUDGEY, PrettyBaby? Really now?

Jaykay, u no i luv u. I'll let it slide because i'm cool lyke that.

photo-78.jpg?_r=1346826953

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Remember when you censured me that one time on ye olde dot fm forum for, what was it, ending a sentence in a preposition?

Yeah, I remember... in the trash-talk-for-the-fun-of-it thread or whatever it was called!

Now PrettyBaby, what do we have here? Not only the same thing for which you once rebuked me, but judgey??? JUDGEY, PrettyBaby? Really now?

Of course! Because not only do I enjoy satirizing grammar naziism (it's always amused me when science/math-oriented types show themselves more interested in "correcting" grammatical "errors" than people who have studied language), but also I get a kick out of co-opting useful bastardizations of terminology and usage. (But what's REALLY sweet-like-cinnamon effing NICES is when I see the chance to coin my own twist on an existing word, that shouldn't make sense, but totally does, and everybody knows it! :love:)

Hello, I'm PrettyBaby, I like to free-associate. All y'all are on notice. :cuteface:

Jaykay, u no i luv u. I'll let it slide because i'm cool lyke that.

photo-78.jpg?_r=1346826953

dude RU drunk

It's a question. You disagree with my QUESTION?

We busted on each other! :D I think the title was more like "Get things off your chest" but it devolved into what-if-we-were-complete-douches :teehee: I think I may have actually pissed somebody off, but I can't remember who, why or how :blush:

I mean when people judge Lana there's only so much I can say. If they just say, "Oh I don't like her music, She's annoying" I'm not gonna go bat shit on them. BUT if people sit there and degrade her for no reason and says she has no musical talent, and full of fake production, and they take it to da HNL that's different. I won't get into a fight with somone over it because at the end of the day, that's there opinion. Get over it, build a bridge. I stan for Lana so anything she does I support and all those who judge her can take a chill pill and eat some ice cream.

god knows I tried

I mean when people judge Lana there's only so much I can say. If they just say, "Oh I don't like her music, She's annoying" I'm not gonna go bat shit on them. BUT if people sit there and degrade her for no reason and says she has no musical talent, and full of fake production, and they take it to da HNL that's different. I won't get into a fight with somone over it because at the end of the day, that's there opinion. Get over it, build a bridge. I stan for Lana so anything she does I support and all those who judge her can take a chill pill and eat some ice cream.

sure it's their opinion, which is cool by me, but it's seriously every video i go on and it's so annoying. i'm just sitting there face-keyboarding the whole time.

4r9w86.jpg

sure it's their opinion, which is cool by me, but it's seriously every video i go on and it's so annoying. i'm just sitting there face-keyboarding the whole time.

Yeah I know what you mean. It does irk me a lot. Some people's brains are just backwards. It's extremely annoying when they sit there every video on youtube and diss lana. One time I just wrote, "log out honey bye." The conversation ended quickly.

god knows I tried