princessdollie

Ethel Cain

21 hours ago, Disx said:

why would you say this to me </3

i fear that i needed to say this unfortunately because hayden left them on read so i’m assuming hayden doesn’t want it out anymore 

13 hours ago, Zodiac Dancer said:

I want dust bowl and waco final sooo bad but hayden has said this new project isnt related to ethel lore at all and db and wt have been confirmed for the bsides / to be about willoughby so we’ll have to wait a little more for those i fear

she will 100% get tired of the ethel lore schtick like melanie and allie before her tbh... 

I can't really remember but didn't she say she was reworking one of her old pop demos. Maybe that will be on this project or possibly even b sides

Could be 78 Fahrenheit or Kennedy Drive ig

2 minutes ago, skyptolemaea said:

im 100% sure this (or the pd b-sides:ma:) will be her last “album” under prescription songs publishing, iirc someone on the thread said her contract consists of 3 albums 

But was she under prescription for Inbred?

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

6 minutes ago, skyptolemaea said:

im 100% sure this (or the pd b-sides:ma:) will be her last “album” under prescription songs publishing, iirc someone on the thread said her contract consists of 3 albums 

do ep's count as albums? bc a lot of contracts don't include EP's, only LP's

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

21 minutes ago, Ethel Cain said:

But was she under prescription for Inbred?

When people sign these contracts, they usually give "ownership" of older (independent) material as well.

I'm not sure if it counts or not, but I do remember her mentioning the idea of releasing a project just so she could be free of them and move forward, do whatever it is, hope it works!

This feels so sudden wait is this a new album? I honestly did not think she had even started working on new music since Preachers Daughter other than the b sides, i'm shook

She keeps calling it a project though so maybe its just an EP

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This feels so sudden wait is this a new album? I honestly did not think she had even started working on new music since Preachers Daughter other than the b sides, i'm shook

She keeps calling it a project though so maybe its just an EP

Nah she's been teasing it for a while! Also the fact that she keeps calling it a project is exciting to me because maybe it means that we're getting something other than an album (I call it an album because she said it has at least 8 tracks).

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1.Amber Waves

2.Perverts

3.Assimiliation

4.Punish

5.Apathy

6.Disruption

7.Curiosity

8.Nocturne

9.Defilement

Maybe she'll change her mind and put dust bowl on this instead of b-sides
:dua:

9 minutes ago, Ethel Cain said:

Nah she's been teasing it for a while! Also the fact that she keeps calling it a project is exciting to me because maybe it means that we're getting something other than an album (I call it an album because she said it has at least 8 tracks).

When did she say that? omg so its a new album and near my birthday im fucking crying :oprah4:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

On 10/13/2024 at 6:22 AM, Charlottexseax said:

she will 100% get tired of the ethel lore schtick like melanie and allie before her tbh... 

i dont think so. Hayden first thought of pd in 2018 and was working on it till 2022 but she never forced herself to only work on pd she worked on other stuff too, which is where hayden and melanie differ. Melanie only worked on portals and was constantly scrapping music making the process more difficult. However, with hayden inbetween thinking of and releasing pd, hayden released smfsp, changed her artist name, released bruises, carpet bed, golden age, unreleased 1 and 2, inbred, and then finally pd. That’s also not counting the other random little songs she’d release on her tumblr or soundcloud. Hayden is a very patient person and shes not the type to force herself to work on something just because its her main goal, if she gets tired of working on pw, she’ll probably just put on pin on it and work on other stuff then come back to pw. That’s why I dont really mind waiting a couple years for pw and moap, because inbetween those she’ll still be putting out other eps and albums.

I'm so fucking excited about this. I really like how Hayden goes about releasing projects, where we get these extra things in between the wait for the albums that are a part of the longer Preacher's Daughter album universe. It's gonna be so nice to hear Punish in HQ, and I can't wait to see what else is on this illusive project

imageproxy.jpg