princessdollie

Ethel Cain

17 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

get into preachers daughter if u havent the lore is crazy

spent the last night vibing to that album, its amazingggg fr!!! i bet she'll end up being my second fav artist right next to miss lana :grinds: 

SFP2h.gif

https://krakenfiles.com/view/AqVLxzaMIU/file.html

here's the 'lossless' stereo version of Selby wall 

the wav files that may be going around are still hq but the CD file was burned in mono which means that the songs lost their stereo image. calling this 'lossless' bc its not super great quality, it's just what Hayden recorded it in. still different than what u had :)

giphy.gif

its a shame she stopped posting random songs on soundcloud because i loved this concept? like just make shit and then drop it whenever u feel like it, it's so idk cute and hipster. spotify you're nothing

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Yeah to be real that is how I became a fan. I randomly saw someone on Twitter tweeting about her and how she’s always pumping out unreleased stuff.

Once I heard American Teenager I had to dive in immediately and I listened to all her projects and her SoundCloud stuff and all I could find and hearing it all collectively really shifted my thinking in terms of music and artistry. She provided something so therapeutic and I am perched for new content.

6 hours ago, bigspender said:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/AqVLxzaMIU/file.html

here's the 'lossless' stereo version of Selby wall 

the wav files that may be going around are still hq but the CD file was burned in mono which means that the songs lost their stereo image. calling this 'lossless' bc its not super great quality, it's just what Hayden recorded it in. still different than what u had :)

Her best unreleased song wbk

43 minutes ago, stompinggroundstan said:

I have an organized masterlist for my personal records but I thought Hayden didn’t like fans sharing that kind of stuff so I haven’t shared

she doesn’t ! she also reads through this thread lol 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, jamesss said:

this guy i liked said that ethel cain was lana del rey if lana del rey was a good singer, and now i don’t know what to feel.

I’ll never get the Ethel Cain and Lana comparisons, they aren’t that similar, they are on complete opposite ends of the Americana spectrum and don’t really make similar music 

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I’ll never get the Ethel Cain and Lana comparisons, they aren’t that similar, they are on complete opposite ends of the Americana spectrum and don’t really make similar music 

the gays think lana invented dark and brooding music.

in fact i'd say ethel got more inspiration from nicole dollanganger in terms of sound and style in my opinion, those two have almost crafted their own genre, the same as lana has with her own sound and style

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

24 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the gays think lana invented dark and brooding music.

in fact i'd say ethel got more inspiration from nicole dollanganger in terms of sound and style in my opinion, those two have almost crafted their own genre, the same as lana has with her own sound and style

And most of the music Ethel makes isn’t really similar to Preachers Daughter (Which gets compared the most to Lana), Ethel said she toned it down a lot to make it more listenable 

20 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

And most of the music Ethel makes isn’t really similar to Preachers Daughter (Which gets compared the most to Lana), Ethel said she toned it down a lot to make it more listenable 

Didn't she say the OG versions of most of preacher's daughter was just slower with more reverb and then she asked her friends and they all were like I wouldn't listen to this it's too slow

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Didn't she say the OG versions of most of preacher's daughter was just slower with more reverb and then she asked her friends and they all were like I wouldn't listen to this it's too slow

Yeah, she said she wanted to get more into really slow and revered 10-20 minute songs next😭 I’m so excited for Waco Texas for that reason 

1 hour ago, skyptolemaea said:

does anyone knows how many albums does she have to make to leave prescription songs?

2 more until she can sign to another label but i think she’s stuck with them for promotion for a few years but i can’t remember exactly how long she said 

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, bigspender said:

2 more until she can sign to another label but i think she’s stuck with them for promotion for a few years but i can’t remember exactly how long she said 

atp she needs to make pd b-sides a whole album instead of an ep, then release something composed of her soundcloud songs and call it an album so she can leave

can't wait until dust bowl is officially released. i do wonder if it'll sound different compared to the demo. the demo has such a wonderful melancholia to it and i would hate to see it go 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

20 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

can't wait until dust bowl is officially released. i do wonder if it'll sound different compared to the demo. the demo has such a wonderful melancholia to it and i would hate to see it go 

she posted a really tiny snip of it where you could barely hear it playing in the back but deleted it 

39 minutes ago, skyptolemaea said:

atp she needs to make pd b-sides a whole album instead of an ep, then release something composed of her soundcloud songs and call it an album so she can leave

the ep does count as an album because of it’s length :-)

giphy.gif