princessdollie

Ethel Cain

nothing stopsย if not for you

but i'll always love you and you know i will

but i'll always love you and you know i will..

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

On 6/13/2024 at 4:58 PM, Lanaparadiserey said:

I get to see Ethel again at All Things Go NYC OMGGG๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I am NOT ready for Dust Bowl live it will change meee

truly life changing the DRUMSSSSSSย 

i still think about it dailyย 

Hii!! So im making an essay bout preachers daughter cuz why tf not, and im having trouble understanding the lore on ptolemaeaย and agugust underground. Okay so what house are they at? or is it just sum random abandoned house? Is the house un california? cuz in the end of thoroughfare they arrive to california and on gibson girl thyre in texasโ€ฆ and also when and how tf does she dies? like ive read that she dies in august underground, but he commits an act of violence on ptolemaea????? idk its rlly messy. We dont get specified how she actually dies either

ezgif-1-a47a14664a.webp

lyricz.png

18 minutes ago, fathercain said:

Hii!! So im making an essay bout preachers daughter cuz why tf not, and im having trouble understanding the lore on ptolemaeaย and agugust underground. Okay so what house are they at? or is it just sum random abandoned house? Is the house un california? cuz in the end of thoroughfare they arrive to california and on gibson girl thyre in texasโ€ฆ and also when and how tf does she dies? like ive read that she dies in august underground, but he commits an act of violence on ptolemaea????? idk its rlly messy. We dont get specified how she actually dies either

im not the greatest at the lore, but she's drugged in ptolemaea and i believe it's when he captures her. august underground is when she dies. I heard she 'dies' like right at the end with that one particular note, but i have no idea if that's what ethel has stated or not. i feel like it's his cabin in the woods?? i think it's safe to assume that thoroughfare is just ethel recalling her time traveling to california with him. it's not to be a linear transition from TF - GG. TF is a song about a memory, gibson girl is now back in the present. That's how I look at it anywaysย 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, Party Favor said:

im not the greatest at the lore, but she's drugged in ptolemaea and i believe it's when he captures her. august underground is when she dies. I heard she 'dies' like right at the end with that one particular note, but i have no idea if that's what ethel has stated or not. i feel like it's his cabin in the woods?? i think it's safe to assume that thoroughfare is just ethel recalling her time traveling to california with him. it's not to be a linear transition from TF - GG. TF is a song about a memory, gibson girl is now back in the present. That's how I look at it anywaysย 

I think it is his cabin

ย 

What I find interesting tho is at one point she says that Isaiah is caught by the police so that must mean that the house is known or it is directly tied to his name. Iโ€™m very interested to see how that is explained in the end.

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I think it is his cabin

ย 

What I find interesting tho is at one point she says that Isaiah is caught by the police so that must mean that the house is known or it is directly tied to his name. Iโ€™m very interested to see how that is explained in the end.

for sure. I think there's bound to be little plot holes in an album that's telling a story, especially bc there's only so much you can tell in songs before it becomes a slog lol. I know she's also stated that ethel isn't exactly a good point of reference when recalling the events as well? regardless, it'll be interesting to see if the story is expanded on in the book she's working on (is that even still a thing? eihrgoeir)ย 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)