princessdollie

Ethel Cain

On 3/27/2023 at 2:28 AM, caughtuboy said:

what are the chances anyone still has a masterpost :lange: soundcloud is just not cutting it anymore and I'm dying trying to download/organize all of her unreleased

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, 320kbps said:

i'm gonna need the 20 min long version of Waco Texas asap this is prob my fav unreleased song of hers

Me too, i didn't even realise it was only a demo until recently. I love the song so much, i have no idea what a 20 minute version will sound like but i could listen to that production all day long. It's so melancholic. It reminds me of some old abandoned trailer park in the middle of nowhere or something...

(may even be my fav ethel song actually)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The updated Daughters of the Chapel playlist includes Fishtail by Lana. So I guess the controversy about if Hayden listens to Lana or not is over.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, stompinggroundstan said:

Dying star 😭😭

what? new song?? where?:oprah2:

12 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Do we know what that long-ass song on B-sides will be called?

I thought it was Waco, Texas

12 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Wait what??? A song leaked? 

Not technically, her collab with Ashnikko is rumored to release Friday and that is being shared around currently.

32 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Do we know when the side b is expected??? What info do we have 

I'm not really sure. I thought we were getting the B sides sometime last year. Hopefully we get them soon because i haven't been scalped in a while 

Spoiler

apart from when she dropped homecoming like a month ago lol

Hi all, so I'm new to Lanaboards and I just saw this thread, I'm so happy to see all of the support for meemaw, I've been a stan since Golden Age came out and I honestly think she's the next big voice in alternative music, maybe that's why she's been compared to Lana which I think is kind of ridiculous tbh. I mean Lana has been an inspiration for probably every pop/alt artist since 2012 so comparing ethel to her is basically the same as comparing Billie to Lana... If you listen to lyrics, production, aesthetic etc she's very different from lanita. 

On another note, I'm so happy and amazed about how quickly she became big like it's kind of insane, in December 2022 she had 90k on Insta and 500 000 monthly listeners on Spotify and now she's at 200k+ and 1.8 mil listeners. She's doing runway shows, magazine covers etc, I just know she's gonna be even bigger after all the festivals she's gonna do this summer. I'm also very interested to see how she's gonna play festivals. Her shows are so intimate, unique, she finds her strength by creating a safe bubble and connection with the public which is so different from festival shows so can't wait to see how she plays that. 

Also, she is the nicest human being frrrrr I've been a journalist for 2 years now and I've met and interviewed other artists and honestly she's one of the kindest I've met, I usually spend 20 min for an interview and we literally chatted for an hour she's very cool. I'm so happy we got to talk, I knew she would be big and I feel It's just the beginning

Anyway, stan Ethel, stream preacher's daughter and we are NOT ready for preacher's wife, I think It could be her breakout album.  

9 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Do we know when the side b is expected??? What info do we have 

supposedly sometime late spring early summer

3 minutes ago, loveyoumadly said:

Hi all, so I'm new to Lanaboards and I just saw this thread, I'm so happy to see all of the support for meemaw, I've been a stan since Golden Age came out and I honestly think she's the next big voice in alternative music, maybe that's why she's been compared to Lana which I think is kind of ridiculous tbh. I mean Lana has been an inspiration for probably every pop/alt artist since 2012 so comparing ethel to her is basically the same as comparing Billie to Lana... If you listen to lyrics, production, aesthetic etc she's very different from lanita. 

On another note, I'm so happy and amazed about how quickly she became big like it's kind of insane, in December 2022 she had 90k on Insta and 500 000 monthly listeners on Spotify and now she's at 200k+ and 1.8 mil listeners. She's doing runway shows, magazine covers etc, I just know she's gonna be even bigger after all the festivals she's gonna do this summer. I'm also very interested to see how she's gonna play festivals. Her shows are so intimate, unique, she finds her strength by creating a safe bubble and connection with the public which is so different from festival shows so can't wait to see how she plays that. 

Also, she is the nicest human being frrrrr I've been a journalist for 2 years now and I've met and interviewed other artists and honestly she's one of the kindest I've met, I usually spend 20 min for an interview and we literally chatted for an hour she's very cool. I'm so happy we got to talk, I knew she would be big and I feel It's just the beginning

Anyway, stan Ethel, stream preacher's daughter and we are NOT ready for preacher's wife, I think It could be her breakout album.  

welcome to lanaboard!

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

On 4/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

Can't wait for her 1 hour long song in a few years :oprah2::trisha:

i have a feeling she's unhinged enough to do it... and i'm unhinged enough to listen to it a hundred times in a row :trisha: