Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Why was Paradise released as an addition to BTD? Why was it marketed as an EP at all? 9 songs is enough for an individual record. Did her label not think it would sell well as a seperate album?

It was supposed to be a full length LP at one point. But I don't remember why it didn't happen.

Why was Paradise released as an addition to BTD? Why was it marketed as an EP at all? 9 songs is enough for an individual record. Did her label not think it would sell well as a seperate album?

Well it was released as an individual record in some countries, especially those were Lana was less known. I own a copy of 'Paradise' (and not 'BTD: The Paradise Edition') myself.

lel

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Well it was released as an individual record in some countries, I own a copy of 'Paradise' (and not 'BTD: The Paradse Edition') myself

Yeah that's the Paradise EP. Most re-releases like The Fame Monster, Animal + Cannibal & The Paradise Edition get also an EP only release but they're still considered EP idk why :D

No idea, sorry ! 

Hi everyone ! I was wondering if someone could link me to the pictures that were used for the UV booklet (the Chateau Marmot, the empty street etc ..) ? Thank you very much :)

http://lanadelreyfan.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=870

Yaaaaas but it has 9 altogether (and it would've had ten if she hadn't offered Y&B to Baz Luhrmann) so why didn't they just release it as a seperate record?

It was part of the business strategy by Interscope to 'bundle' Paradise with BTD to boost BTD sales (The Paradise Edition was counted towards same BTD sales with the regular ones), and to further promote BTD for people who haven't heard of Lana (e.g. they like the song 'Ride' --> Buy The Paradise Edition --> ends up like BTD as well). And usually when they 'bundle' an album like that, it would usually be an extension, hence called an EP not an LP (called an extension an album only makes people confused why they didn't sell that separately and so on)

As far as I know Paradise was sold separately as an EP only in the US (CD version) and vinyl everywhere else (there isn't an The Paradise Edition vinyl - I guess you can't just sell triple vinyl?).

This strategy has been used by many other singers as well as someone mentioned above and from my point of view it is purely business.

Thank God Paradise is similar artistically to BTD otherwise LDR would have been another mainstream puppet. From interviews Lana seems to imply that she treats Paradise as an separate 'era' as well. 

So, a couple of small question for y'all... or maybe a solicitation of opinions... :)

1) That little fluttery thing that Lana does with her voice.  I really like it!  Is that something unique to her, or do other artists do that, too?  Here's a sample... at 4:06: (Yes, it's the imfamous SNL video, but it's the first example that came to mind... granted, it got better as time went on):

http://vimeo.com/80513813

99% sure she's imitating Marilyn Monroe who also tended to end her phrases in that kind of "flutter".

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eDHlgnRuaM

Is there a list anywhere of official CDs that LDR has appeared on with exclusive tracks. The ones I know about:

Bobby Womack - The Bravest Man in the Universe (Dayglo Reflection)

Mando Diao - MTV Unplugged- Above and Beyond (Chet Baker; Gloria)

Cheryl - Million Lights (Ghetto Baby)

Alice Brightsky - Box Of Me  (Lover's Fate)

OST - The Great Gatsby (Y&B)

OST - Maleficent (OUAD)

Various : This Is BBC Radio 6 Music Live (Video Games acoustic)

BBC radio 1's Live Lounge 2012 (Blue Jeans live)

I'm not so interested in remixes/promos unless it's a new title.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Is there a list anywhere of official CDs that LDR has appeared on with exclusive tracks. The ones I know about:

Bobby Womack - The Bravest Man in the Universe (Dayglo Reflection)
Mando Diao - MTV Unplugged- Above and Beyond (Chet Baker; Gloria)
Cheryl - Million Lights (Ghetto Baby)
Alice Brightsky - Box Of Me  (Lover's Fate)
OST - The Great Gatsby (Y&B)
OST - Maleficent (OUAD)
Various : This Is BBC Radio 6 Music Live (Video Games acoustic)
BBC radio 1's Live Lounge 2012 (Blue Jeans live)

I'm not so interested in remixes/promos unless it's a new title.

She does small backing vocals on "Live My Life" from Tamarama's self-titled album.

She does small backing vocals on "Live My Life" from Tamarama's self-titled album.

Thanks. You weren't kidding when you said 'small'.

If anyone cares, I just checked with the band and this is digital only, and apparently didn't come out on CD.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png