Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Has Lana read something by Nabokov besides "Lolita"?

I would imagine because she has a Nabokov tattoo - she wouldn't have a tattoo of an author's name when she's only read one book of his (I hope).

Do we have this image in HD or any version where you can't see the crease in the middle? Also, where did it even come from? 

7wWWNZV.jpg

I've noticed people use similar images for her instrumentals, like below. 

artworks-000076990161-mnix7g-t200x200.jp

EDIT: I actually found my answer literally 2 minutes after posting this. For anyone else who is curious, its a painting called "Terrestrial Paradise".

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I read that Burning Desire was released as a digital single. On which platform? I can't find it ...

iTunes? I don't know, it came as an instant download when you preordered paradise..

iTunes? I don't know, it came as an instant download when you preordered paradise..

Yeah, I#ve got it from there. You can still download it there with the EP.

Thank you ;)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

:D

Thank you so much that's so good. I always thought Lana recorded that part where the woman on the phone says "I'll always love you, bye" then played it over the piece to open the story of the video. That's such a beautiful song.

OK, couple o' quick questions:

1) In 2012, after SNL, Lana was supposed to appear on Letterman and Ellen. I've seen the Letterman performance on YouTube, but haven't found her on Ellen. Did she ever make that appearance?

2) Has she ever sung "Once Upon a Dream" live? I haven't been able to find that, either. If not, any ideas why?

OK, couple o' quick questions:

1) In 2012, after SNL, Lana was supposed to appear on Letterman and Ellen. I've seen the Letterman performance on YouTube, but haven't found her on Ellen. Did she ever make that appearance?

2) Has she ever sung "Once Upon a Dream" live? I haven't been able to find that, either. If not, any ideas why?

Nope and nope..

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I would imagine because she has a Nabokov tattoo - she wouldn't have a tattoo of an author's name when she's only read one book of his (I hope).

I know she does. That's why I'm asking that question. And it's also because many female characters in his books have traces of Lolita. And Margot from "Laughter in the Dark" is quite a

"scarlet starlet", she's got an affair with an older man and there's even a gun at the end!

And the wind I know it’s cold

So, this isn't a question, but I just discovered a common thread between Lana and one of my other favorite "L" singers, Laura Branigan. That common thread is, actually, another L: Leonard Cohen. Lana cites him as one of her influences, and covered his song "Chelsea Hotel #2." Laura Branigan was one of Cohen's backup singers during his European tour! (This would've been late 70s or early 80s, before Laura launched her solo career.) Small musical world, isn't it? :)

Is the "West Coast" Radio Mix what Lana had recorded before meeting Dan Auerbach and re-recording the track, or is it something completely different?

Most people seems to think that it's the demo but there's no evidence I think...

I AM MY ONLY GOD