Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I know that the official name for AKA is Lana Del Ray, but do we know what pseudonym she released it under? Like, was the album by Lizzy Grant or Lana Del Ray?

It was on iTunes as "Lana Del Ray" I ***think*** (Both album name and artist name)

'For K Part 2' is a real title, which implies that a Part 1 must exist also. However, we don't actually know which track Part 1 actually is, although it's speculated to be the track sometimes called 'Pretty Baby' on Sirens, due to the repetition of the phrase 'pretty baby' in both songs. Before the leak of Quiet Now and From The End, the song 'Drive By' was referred to as 'For K Part 1', but we now know this to be false.

I'd put this differently. "For K Part 2" is a real title, which implies that a Part 1 may exist. If it does, we don't actually know which track Part 1 is. The song that leaked as part of Sirens (the track names of which were all made up) as "For K" was leaked as part of Quiet Now as "Drive By". I would like to see more receipts before concluding that the name "Drive By" was not made up. Even still, it's quite possible "For K" may have been an alternate title given the "K is a friend of mine" lyric. Some people also speculate that the song off Sirens leaked as "Pretty Baby" could be "For K Part 1" due to the repetition of the phrase "Pretty Baby" in both songs, but I consider this highly speculative.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Is there any evidence to support the theory that she was signed to Interscope before Video Games? It's not that I don't believe it, but other than a few 2010 articles which sound very label-pushy, there doesn't seem to be much else?

VyIsfwC.jpg

'For K Part 2' is a real title, which implies that a Part 1 must exist also. However, we don't actually know which track Part 1 actually is, although it's speculated to be the track sometimes called 'Pretty Baby' on Sirens, due to the repetition of the phrase 'pretty baby' in both songs. Before the leak of Quiet Now and From The End, the song 'Drive By' was referred to as 'For K Part 1', but we now know this to be false.

I'd put this differently. "For K Part 2" is a real title, which implies that a Part 1 may exist. If it does, we don't actually know which track Part 1 is. The song that leaked as part of Sirens (the track names of which were all made up) as "For K" was leaked as part of Quiet Now as "Drive By". I would like to see more receipts before concluding that the name "Drive By" was not made up. Even still, it's quite possible "For K" may have been an alternate title given the "K is a friend of mine" lyric. Some people also speculate that the song off Sirens leaked as "Pretty Baby" could be "For K Part 1" due to the repetition of the phrase "Pretty Baby" in both songs, but I consider this highly speculative.

thank you both for your answers  :kiss2:

has someone ever contacted that twitter account that shared a link of OTTR demo

Yeah, I asked @@Madrigal to do it for me over a year ago because my Twitter account was still protected at the time and it looks like other people have tried as well. Doesn't look like anyone's had a response.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Yeah, I asked @@Madrigal to do it for me over a year ago because my Twitter account was still protected at the time and it looks like other people have tried as well. Doesn't look like anyone's had a response.

what twitter??

I tried to DM him last december, but I still haven't gotten a reply back from him. I gave up my hopes a while back ago, sadly. The search goes on~

EQFO7rX.png

when searching for "Lizzy Grant Nevada", i keep finding a weird tracklist and i was wondering if it was ever legit:

1. Brite Lites

2. For K Part 2

3. Gramma

4. Jump

5. Kill Kill

6. Kinda Outta Luck

7. Lolyta (it's 3:47, so it's either Demo 2 or 3)

8. Mermaid Motel

9. Oh Say Can You See

10. Pawn Shop Blues

11. Put Me in a Movie

12. Queen of the Gas Station

13. Raise Me Up

14. Smarty

15. Yayo

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Wait wait wait ... how old is Lana? I am quite certain that I have read 28, even on Wikipedia ... now back on the page and see "1985." and not "1986".  ._.

does anyone know if she has 28 or 29 years? thanks

Wait wait wait ... how old is Lana? I am quite certain that I have read 28, even on Wikipedia ... now back on the page and see "1985." and not "1986". ._.

does anyone know if she has 28 or 29 years? thanks

1985, she's 29. general consensus is that the label made her lie by a year when she got famous because she was """""too old"""""" for the music scene; but this is unconfirmed.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Maybe a stupid question, but did Lana ever said anything homophobic? Cause I read an article which pointed out the difference between her and her idol Cobain (religion etc) and one example was that he was against homophobia.

Seemed strange to me, since she gets along well with (openly gay) Woodkid and if I remember right she postet something about a gay pride parade on her old twitteraccount ...

Maybe a stupid question, but did Lana ever said anything homophobic? Cause I read an article which pointed out the difference between her and her idol Cobain (religion etc) and one example was that he was against homophobia.

Seemed strange to me, since she gets along well with (openly gay) Woodkid and if I remember right she postet something about a gay pride parade on her old twitteraccount ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!