Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I'm pretty sure it's Put Me In a Movie, but there is a registered title called Little Girls, which people think is the final version of PMIAM that was redone for BTD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you. I think that also applies to Gas Station, Smartie, right?

Well the link for one of the videos its called "LITTLE GIRLS" but I think it was distributed as "Put Me In A Movie" on Amazon and iTunes (you know ~ "Little Girls" is kinda a problematic title) @@BENTLEY

Oh I see. Thank you :)

Is it "Put Me In a Movie" or "Little Girls"?

Here's what I said when this question was asked before:

I believe the ambiguity resulted from the track being labeled "Put Me in a Movie" on Amazon, and probably iTunes as well, but the actual back cover (which appears to be legit) shows it as "Little Girls", and you used to be able to download it directly from the 5 Points Records website where it was also labeled "Little Girls" (and the ID3 tags listed the album name "Nevada Master Ref 1"). See more information here. It's also noteworthy that she uploaded the video for it as "Little Girls".

Edit: Kahne also called it "Little Girls" when he was interviewed.

Here is the back cover I was referring to (which I should note has never been definitively confirmed):

plxFU.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's Put Me In a Movie, but there is a registered title called Little Girls, which people think is the final version of PMIAM that was redone for BTD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you. I think that also applies to Gas Station, Smartie, right?

The notion that these songs were redone for BTD is incredibly speculative. I also think the notion that multiple registrations necessarily corresponds to multiple versions is also somewhat speculative.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

shit. i wish i had this in hq  :defeated:

I knowwww. I really never understood this, it's not even like it's the actual back cover saved as a jpg, it's a screenshot of it being made in InDesign. Didn't someone once say David kahne's son designed the Kill Kill EP cover.

David has always been open to talking in the past, maybe you should ask him this @@evilentity as I know you've spoken before? :P

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Here is the back cover I was referring to (which I should note has never been definitively confirmed):

plxFU.jpg

Hmm...I, personally, don't think that that is the back cover. The color scheme just doesn't match, considering the front cover is yellow.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

David has always been open to talking in the past, maybe you should ask him this @@evilentity as I know you've spoken before? :P

A lot of other members say they have and I've heard some things secondhand from CalendarGirl that David Kahne supposedly told her, but I've actually never contacted him myself. I was always too gun-shy. :ohno:  But it's probably overdue for me to do so.

Hmm...I, personally, don't think that that is the back cover. The color scheme just doesn't match, considering the front cover is yellow.

This assumes good design sense (Have you seen the Paradise cover or the various Kill Kill EP cover designs?) and that the cover art we know of was the cover art that went with this back cover. I don't necessarily assume that nor that this back cover definitely is legit. But I'm personally inclined to believe it may be for a few reasons. Nothing else seems obviously wrong about it and a lot is right. It says "Lana Del Ray" not "Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant" even though I'm pretty sure this surfaced on LDR.FM before it was pointed out there that the title is really just Lana Del Ray. It spells her name "Ray" which was correct at the time and correctly spells and capitalizes the titles. It titles "Little Girls" the same as it was when you could still download it from the 5 Points web site. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that photo has surfaced apart from this cover design. If it's a fan-made fake, it's a fucking good one by someone with an exclusive photo that has never leaked.

A lot of other members say they have and I've heard some things secondhand from CalendarGirl that David Kahne supposedly told her, but I've actually never contacted him myself. I was always too gun-shy. :ohno: But it's probably overdue for me to do so.

This assumes good design sense (Have you seen the Paradise cover or the various Kill Kill EP cover designs?) and that the cover art we know of was the cover art that went with this back cover. I don't necessarily assume that nor that this back cover definitely is legit. But I'm personally inclined to believe it may be for a few reasons. Nothing else seems obviously wrong about it and a lot is right. It says "Lana Del Ray" not "Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant" even though I'm pretty sure this surfaced on LDR.FM before it was pointed out there that the title is really just Lana Del Ray. It spells her name "Ray" which was correct at the time and correctly spells and capitalizes the titles. It titles "Little Girls" the same as it was when you could still download it from the 5 Points web site. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that photo has surfaced apart from this cover design. If it's a fan-made fake, it's a fucking good one by someone with an exclusive photo that has never leaked.

I've only ever seen the one Kill Kill cover (the one where she's looking directly at the camera with the flowers). What do the other ones look like?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

English is a Germanic language. It is closely related to Low German. So German, which is an Indo-European language, is the mother of the English language. As well as the mother of the languages we speak in Scandinavia.

German itself isn't the ancestor of English or Scandinavian. We don't have written evidence of it, but linguists have reconstructed Proto-Germanic, the common ancestor of Germanic languages. English and German are siblings while Germanic is the father. I'm not sure if that's what you were trying to day, cuz the way you worded it made it sound like Modern German is the ancestor of Germanic languages.

EDIT: lol I didn't realize this was from last year. derp

A lot of other members say they have and I've heard some things secondhand from CalendarGirl that David Kahne supposedly told her, but I've actually never contacted him myself. I was always too gun-shy. :ohno: But it's probably overdue for me to.

I wrote him a couple of days ago because there were two or three questions I wanted to ask him and he wasn't too keen on answering them, except for which track he really enjoyed working on the most. Hopefully you can get a better response than "sorry, but I don't do interviews."

I wrote him a couple of days ago because there were two or three questions I wanted to ask him and he wasn't too keen on answering them, except for which track he really enjoy working on the most. Hopefully you can get a better response than "sorry, but I don't do interviews."

Which tracks did he really enjoy working on???

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Do we have info about the title "Nevada"? Where does that come from?

When the Kill Kill EP was up on the 5 Points Records site (you can still access the original mp3 files on archive.org here), the track fields in the metadata numbered them according to their placement on AKA (i.e. "Kill Kill" says "1/13", "Yayo" says "13/13", and "Gramma" says "4/14") rather than their placement on the EP. The album fields in the metadata say "Nevada (Master Ref 1)". It is hypothesized that "Nevada" was a working title before they decided to call it Lana Del Ray. (I personally think this would have been a better title. Plus it would've avoided the confusion about whether "AKA Lizzy Grant" was actually part of the title or not.)

Before this, she considered titling it "God Bless America" after the song by the famous singer Kate Smith, whose home was owned by the Grant family which they somewhat controversially tried to sell at an asking price five times what they paid for it just ten years prior and for a profit of over half a million dollars despite a cash-strapped non-profit's wishes to buy it in order to create a Kate Smith museum on the site.

I might be taking a shot in the dark right now but does everything come from Lana's hard drive? Like sometimes we find songs under different titles that already have been out there for a while, did those come from her laptop or they were just "out there" pre-2011 and someone re-uploaded them? Did videos like Brite Lites, Little Girls (Lizzy era) and rare pics come from her, as well? How did people find Sirens, Quiet Now etc?

I remember calendargirl leaking Come When You Call Me America, 1949 etc and if I know correctly she was a fan since 2008. How did she find these songs? Sorry, so many non-sense questions filling up my mind right now.