Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

someone should make a thread so we can find and discuss all the connections between cotcc and her other music (and if there are references to other artists?), I feel like there are SO many!!!! she always references herself but I feel like this is way more often than usual, and I feel like it's much more on purpose than just falling back on cliches, I really love it so much :flutter:

UbsOye5.png

4 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

i haven’t listened to lana in soooo long but where does this album compare with her previous work 

Spoiler

you'll probably really like it if you're into folk / nfr, but it's a lot more colorful in my opinion, like ldrakalg, it's very raw, light, and airy, but it's a very fun album to listen to

𝓈𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓀𝓁𝑒 𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅-𝓇𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓆𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃

Spoiler

I miss the Born to Die kind of Lana. All this indie/folk vibe was cute for 2 or 3 albums, but now it is starting to feel dated/monotonous. Wish she could do more vibrant, campy songs like Off to the Races.

YALL IT’S VELVET CROWBAR VOCALS ON DANCE TILL WE DIE THATS WHAT IT IS I’VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT

Just now, xcxc said:

I miss the Born to Die kind of Lana. All this indie/folk vibe was cute for 2 or 3 albums, but not it is starting to feel dated/monotonous. Wish she could do more vibrant, campy songs like Off to the Races.

I feel this i miss OTTR too but maybe the next album will be another revamp of her sound yet again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Reveal hidden contents

YALL IT’S VELVET CROWBAR VOCALS ON DANCE TILL WE DIE THATS WHAT IT IS I’VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT

I feel this i miss OTTR too but maybe the next album will be another revamp of her sound yet again

I hope so! :defeated: She needs to give Jack Antonoff some rest and go back to collaborating with new, unknown producers with fresher sounds/beats just as she did back in 2009/2010.

Y’all really think a woman pushing 40 is gonna venture into the lolita/daddy issues aesthetic/sound again? It’s never gonna happen Tiffany ever ever. It’s clear she wants to have a legacy like Joan/Joni which is more along the lines of singer/songwriter.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

who would ever think that nfr is better than btd :horror:

Me, certainly I :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Y’all really think a woman pushing 40 is gonna venture into the lolita/daddy issues aesthetic/sound again? It’s never gonna happen Tiffany ever ever. It’s clear she wants to have a legacy like Joan/Joni which is more along the lines of singer/songwriter.

tell that to her when she goes on her next tour and she's still singing video games, OTTR, and other BTD tracks :candy:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, HydroponicWeeds said:

tell that to her when she goes on her next tour and she's still singing video games, OTTR, and other BTD tracks :candy:

"singing" is a weird way to spell mumbling ... luv her tho 

UbsOye5.png

7 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Yeah, her sound is way more mature now. But even with Ultraviolence, which is so different from BTD, her sound was so fresh and new. Now, if you put Honeymoon, LFL, NFR and COTCC next to each other, all the songs have the same vibe, and I couldn't stand another future album with the same, exact aesthetic.

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

I would say that’s out of pure laziness of learning new live arrangements

clearly the music that she is making and releasing in 2021 is a better indication of her mindset than tour set lists which are designed to sell tickets and maximize profit 

Just now, xcxc said:

Yeah, her sound is way more mature now. But even with Ultraviolence, which is so different from BTD, her sound was so fresh and new. Now, if you put Honeymoon, LFL, NFR and COTCC next to each other, all the songs have the same vibe, and I couldn't stand another album in the future with the same, exact aesthetic.

Maybe what you dislike is the songwriting style? Because the production between those albums (besides NFR/COTCC) are quite different. 

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Exactly, shes def maturing her sound. I appreciate her absolute variety as an artist, you guys shouldn't expect or want her to sing about daddies, drugs, and diamonds all the time. Of course those songs are classics, but shes so much more than this fantasy that yall seem to have about her. I always say that shes gonna be one of those people thats going to be a legend even more so than she is now once shes gone because people are going to look back at her full career as a writer (songs and poetry included)  and its not gonna be because she sang about the same thing all the time or because every song had a punchy theatrical presence. Its going to be because of her story telling. I havent listened to the leaks but im so excited to hear a different side of her!