TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

7 hours ago, EXODUS said:

She can fucking re-record it and own those masters. But yeah, we all know she is lazy af.

Many artists have done it recently:

Taylor Swift

JoJo

Aly & AJ

Michelle Branch 

Namie Amuro

She can leave and start over. She can re-record NTMT entirely in a few years once she gets the money and once she releases a brand new album or two. 

But I think the issue is that she truly is a Masochist and will do it the hard and painful way. 

There are many ways to do it, but she is so dumb that she loves it the hard way. 

I think you’re allowed to do re-recordings after 15 years 

12 hours ago, letterblue said:

so she got a lawyer or? so she's admitting that she can leave the label and isn't :toofunny: and why is she so afraid to leave Capitol? the reason of losing her music.....girl leave and make new music we don't care.

Ciara walked away with her masters, because her label didn’t believe in her. She was also never outspoken & unproblematic, the reason why it’s nearly impossible for Sky to have the same outcome is due to her being so outspoken & squandering so much money on re-tracking for so damn long yet failing to produce the material. Don’t really get why she wants Descending out now when the album isn’t submitted, she may also be waiting to submit it due to trust issues until Descending drops, no one really knows. She was working in the studio at Capitol several times the first half of the year

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

while i am very happy for Sky that she finally hired a lawyer. i have to ask why the fuck it took so damn long for her to do so (i mean WE LanaBoards members know why *cough* lazy ass *cough*) and also why she had her deranged weirdo fans start #FreeSkyFerreira shit and making a change.org petition. very weird behavior. anyways the possibility of new music has excited me a bit. i don't want to get my hopes too high though.

Hi! This is my first post on this site :)

First off, I want to say it is very frustrating and I understand people are fed up with the constant false starts for the same album for almost 9 years. It’s awful. 

But here’s the bottom line: there are many many things at play that got us here, some of which are undeniably Sky’s fault, some of which are not. These include but are not limited to: 

1. Sky being stubborn // a perfectionist
  2. Capitol IS blocking some releases and has  made things difficult for her before  
  3. Sky having Lyme Disease and other health issues that required surgery 
  4. Lack of funding, both from Sky and Capitol
  5. Sky potentially suffering from depression or an anxiety disorder which causes her to  be indecisive, self-doubt and obsess over details // causes her to not release anything (I’m saying this as someone with a severe anxiety disorder because I’m the same way with things). 

I understand people are mad and it’s really annoying to feel let down year after year. But please — in a world where you can be ANYTHING, why be mean? Both to each other and to Sky. If you’re mad or angry about something, you can still choose kindness and realize there are so many other artists to follow and listen to while we wait for Masochism. Name calling is awful and if I was Sky (even IF everything was my fault) I’d feel so devastated by some peoples words on this thread. Please be nice to each other and give Sky the benefit of the doubt. I surely wouldn’t want to be in her shoes right now, regardless of who or what was causing the delays. Let’s choose positivity and optimism going forward :)

12 minutes ago, evanislurking said:

Hi! This is my first post on this site :)

I understand people are mad and it’s really annoying to feel let down year after year. But please — in a world where you can be ANYTHING, why be mean? Both to each other and to Sky. If you’re mad or angry about something, you can still choose kindness and realize there are so many other artists to follow and listen to while we wait for Masochism. Name calling is awful and if I was Sky (even IF everything was my fault) I’d feel so devastated by some peoples words on this thread. Please be nice to each other and give Sky the benefit of the doubt. I surely wouldn’t want to be in her shoes right now, regardless of who or what was causing the delays. Let’s choose positivity and optimism going forward :)

i agree with you wholeheartedly, Motorcycle Love Divine should apologize to me but it won't. i've never called anyone out of their name (first). welcome to this site, enjoy your stay. there are nice users like myself and many others. hopefully this lawyer business means music before we all die! :wub:

16 hours ago, the ocean said:

being real - paying for a lawyer is probably a wiser choice than paying for a music video editor even disregarding what's happening right now

Point taken, my dear. You're right. 

11 hours ago, michellebranch said:

I think you’re allowed to do re-recordings after 15 years 

Oh my, I guess the NTMT 15th anniversary would be interesting then lol

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, EmptyPromises said:

It's been 4 hours yet no proof. I deem this lawyer to be a fabrication.

:deadbanana: not me being slightly excited and tweeting about it….”word on the street” yeah and that’s exactly what it was…a lie :toofunny: 

7 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

How all the girls that were mentioning said lawyer in the thread are quiet

They learned from Sky!

i'm quiet because i literally just found out about it being a lie :usrsney:

i stand by what i said - hiring a lawyer would be smarter than hiring a music video editor :oprah3:

and hiring neither is... a choice!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif